News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

PENSACOLA AFTER ACTION REPORT-A COOKS VERSION

Started by Bladerunner33, December 30, 2007, 06:03:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bladerunner33

Since i am not a Qualified Riflemen i feel it would be un-appropiate for me to give a  official report, that would be for the ranking instructor on-site and of course that was none other then Talon.
This man deserve's the highest of praise one such myself can give and then some.
I'll skip the stuff about how i got there(another story)but when i arrived after a good nights sleep i found what i thought were several folks there to help out with the shoot,but in fact it was Talon and a childhood friend moving at a blur putting the finishing touches on the coming events.Posting targets,handing out waivers(YES,I SIGNED ONE TOO!)to non-members,meeting saftey officers,club presidents,shooters,telling the shooters about the program,this nation's history and how it was paid for in blood by it's founders..a nation of Riflemen
It was a good day for shooting(FYI-to me anything short of t/2nd coming is a good day to shoot)though the skies were dark and cloudy it even drizzled,but like FRED guaranteed..it did not rain(how does he do that ??? )but i digress..
Though the day was cloudy still over twenty shooters came    with thier families to shoot ,Talon met every single one with hand shakes smile's and a kind word of thanks for coming out,he let me shoot after i got into a shouting match with some foul mouthed AQT's(being called KP-BOY by some papertargets are humiliating)but i still pitched in here and there filming video,handing out targets,shooing slow movers,and being called on to act as a shooters mannequin displaying perfect prone postion.
Everyone seemed to enjoy themselves including a kid from Kalifornia on vacation who part way thru got frustrated at his lever-action 22.cal,Talon ever watching gave me permission to go personal and do a little one on one with Dominque and after i let him use my AR the kid was changin MAGS quicker then some of the no-go's i used to serve with,as well as following the 6-STEPS.
By the end of the days event's the shooters were much more the wiserthanks to Talon.
Though i lost my fight with those F-ing AQT's i accomplished what i set out to do.What was that you ask??
To help this program grow to new bounds to do my part and to keep my promise regardless of the personal loss..if i can do it ,i will if i can't i won't!
Doug is a man of the highest caliber He's not a RED-HAT yet,but FRED can  rest assured this guy we'll do to ride the river with..gotta go kids are hungry..I'm a COOK remember..DUH!

ps-one more thing what ever spirit or person who is conspiring to take turns steeling Talon's WILEY-X's and my OAKLEY's(left my new pair in the truck booby-trapped..)your gonna get sent to optical-pergatory for your crimes.

SGTCap

Great job guys.   ;D3

Sorry to here that you lost the battle with the AQTs.  Did your rifle and ammo perform properly this go around?

Bladerunner33

Grin Reaper

"There's gotta be a few umlauts laying around somewhere." JB