News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Yanceyville, NC July 17&18

Started by txpirate, July 20, 2010, 10:13:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

txpirate

Date: July 17&18
Instructors: txpirate (SB), Lawrence, sgtmace
Attendees: 3 Sat, 3 Sun

Instead of me writing it out, I'll post a snippet of an email to Appleseed from the shooters:

Just wanted to say how grateful we all are for the excellent marksmanship/ history training this past weekend in Yanceyville, NC with sgtmace, txpirate and Lawrence.

Thanks for being so attentive and patient especially with my younger daughter who was able to do a fantastic job with sgtmace's personal tutelage on Sunday.   That night, she insisted that the RWVA patch that txpirate gave her was immediately sewed to her RWVA tee shirt and she's showing it to everyone who will listen to the story!

We all had a super time and are looking forward to the next Appleseed here in about a month.

I always say that the best people I meet are Appleseed people, and the shooters this weekend were no exception. They really found their inner rifleman, persisting through bad weather on Saturday and heat on Sunday. Sunday was really special, as the shooters were the author of the message above and two of his daughters. He shot a rifleman score, and his two girls shot a 199 and a 200. WOW! What a family, huh?

So I'll open this thread for any comments or reviews of the shoot.

sgtmace

I'll have to second that Appleseed people are the best. Just getting to meet more of these folks is enough to keep ya coming back again and again.
As for our shooters this AS: I would not want to be the boys in that family that didn't make the event. Imagine the ribbing they'll get till the next AS come around. The Rifleman's spirit to perservere shown through against the rain and heat-GREAT JOB.
If you love wealth more than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, depart from us in peace. We ask not your counsel nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you. May your chains rest lightly upon you and may posterity forget you were our countrymen.
Sam Adams

"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force: Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined." -- Patrick Henry