News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Who likes gun shows?

Started by crak, July 19, 2010, 05:41:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crak

Does anybody like gun shows?

We should probably do some.
Check your drama at the door.

lupis42

I assume you're looking for someone to run a table, hand out literature, and get people signed up?  I could stand to do some of that.  Of course, the next Marlborough show is set for the same weekend as the Leyden shoot in Sept...  :-\ :'(
You can never be too rich, too good looking, or too well armed.

edmorseiii

As for me, same story different thread.  :-\ But this winter I could get down with you on this idea.

mike93lx

I haven't attended a lot of shows, but I'll definitely change that to promote Appleseed.

is there anything on the horizon (except Marlboro in Sept)?

dwarven1

Ooh, ooh, Mr Kotter Crakker, Mr Crakker! Pick me, pick me!

Seriously, I'd be interested... but the weekend of the Leyden shoot I will be unavailable. Perhaps some of the other shows.

It's been suggested that good props for the table are an M1 Garand and an LTR... and I think that many of the MA instructors have those. And those that don't can borrow them.
Unhappy it is ... to reflect that a brother's sword has been sheathed in a brother's breast, and that the once happy and peaceful plains of America are either to be drenched with blood or inhabited by slaves. Sad alternative! But can a virtuous man hesitate in his choice?

GEORGE WASHINGTON

crak

Maybe some astroturf and a couple of airsofts with slings?

See where I'm headed? %)

dwarven1

Quote from: crak on July 19, 2010, 06:54:12 PM
Maybe some astroturf and a couple of airsofts with slings?

See where I'm headed? %)

Uh... no. You planning on setting up a range at the show?  #)
Unhappy it is ... to reflect that a brother's sword has been sheathed in a brother's breast, and that the once happy and peaceful plains of America are either to be drenched with blood or inhabited by slaves. Sad alternative! But can a virtuous man hesitate in his choice?

GEORGE WASHINGTON

mike93lx

Crak, if you are approaching it from the view of being able to demo positions with safe "rifles", maybe a Garand parade rifle would be good, if anyone has a hookup on one (a VRW post?).  I also happen to have an extra Garand stock that could be used as well.

I would certainly be willing to bring my Garand to display, but any demos or handling should be with a dummy rifle.

A 10/22 stock with a wooden barrel would do the trick.

Sly223

I would love to do a both down here in SWFL, i'll get the girls mom and Reagan to help once breifly discussed with istsanSKS, would not commit totally until my immediate goals were acheived. I'm ready and should try to expidict due to Mama wantin' to use her new lil' excuss!LOL Maybe Reagan can achieve it by then. We will have a youth IIT!
"Smoakin'2" IBC11/12
"Plattka 3-12"(IBC)FL
What have you done for this program lately?
IBC-Tampa 8,'10
RBC-"Myakka12'10"RCR
C-1, Do-1, Teach many!
"Run all you want, you'll just die tired"!
There is U.S. & there is Dems!

crak

Quote from: dwarven1 on July 19, 2010, 06:56:54 PM

Uh... no. You planning on setting up a range at the show?  #)

Yeah, hopefully right next to the jerky guy. :D

Of course it would be fake rifles, Mike.  Maybe this is my excuse to make the little laser dry fire game I've been dreaming of.

dwarven1

Quote from: Sly223 on July 19, 2010, 07:17:12 PM
I would love to do a both down here in SWFL, i'll get the girls mom and Reagan to help once breifly discussed with istsanSKS, would not commit totally until my immediate goals were acheived. I'm ready and should try to expidict due to Mama wantin' to use her new lil' excuss!LOL Maybe Reagan can achieve it by then. We will have a youth IIT!

Is this in the right thread?

GEORGE WASHINGTON

crak

The man certainly has a passion for Appleseed and/or gun shows.  If he wants to fly up and work our gun shows, who are we to stand in his way?

dwarven1

OH!!! He meant "I'd love to do a booth down here in SWFL". I couldn't figure out what he was saying - he typed "both".

GEORGE WASHINGTON

R1SGx2

Hi Crak
We do them here in Saratoga, combine table with club (club pays for table....hint).
Banner, rifle displays, target hand outs, AS handouts, and picture or DVD show on TV or Computer.
Usually same crew do it, be prepared to send money on other tables. Not sure, always say not gonna
and do it anyways. Fun to do and have to hook and reel people in as they walk by, can't just sit there,
need a talker and good personality. Knowledge is the key, throw out some IMC questions and find the know it alls really done and have some fun.
R1
"Eyes of the Warrior - Always open"
"What's the weather got to do with it, lets go."
"Appleseed, where good people come together to save a nation."

Nickle

I've had decent success.

Some promoters will let you have a table for free.

Now, I don't do Bennington, Brattleboro or Pownal, all run by one of the same promoters I do business with, and he's willing to give RWVA a free table.

You New Yorkers that want to come over for Rutland or Burlington and work the table, just let me know.

Here's the promoter's website.    http://www.greenmtgunshowtrail.com/

I personally know the guy, so you can run your requests through me, if you want.

R1SGX2, have you approached Dave (the promoter for Saratoga) about a free Appleseed table? He's another I do business with, and I should start doing Saratoga soon.
They have men amongst them who know very well what they are about, having been employed as Rangers against the Indians and Canadians and this country being much covered with wood, and hilly, is very advantageous for their method of fighting. . . . ".  Lord Percy

Sounds like New Englanders to me.

vernic82

Here's The Big E's Gun Show schedule:

Dec 11, 2010 - Dec 12, 2010

Antique & Modern Firearms Show
Big E Better Living Center
Eastern States Exposition • 1305 Memorial Avenue • West Springfield, MA 01089 • Phone: (413) 737-2443 • Fax: (413) 787-0127 • Info@thebige.com

Feb 24, 2011 - Feb 27, 2011

The Springfield Sportsmen's Show
Sportsmen's Show
Big E   Better Living Center, Young & Stroh Buildings   
Eastern States Exposition • 1305 Memorial Avenue • West Springfield, MA 01089 • Phone: (413) 737-2443 • Fax: (413) 787-0127 • Info@thebige.com

Mar 12, 2011 - Mar 13, 2011

Jun 04, 2011 - Jun 05, 2011

Antique and Modern Firearms Show
Big E   Young Building
"To be ignorant of what occurred before you were born is to remain always a child. For what is the worth of human life, unless it is woven into the life of our ancestors by the records of history?"
― Marcus Tullius Cicero

"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
~ Harlan Ellison

"Yeah well, that's just, ya know, like, your opinion, man."
- The Dude

dwarven1

Quote from: vernic82 on November 13, 2010, 09:39:34 AM
Here's The Big E's Gun Show schedule:

Dec 11, 2010 - Dec 12, 2010

Hey, Mr Custer, can I be excused the rest of the afternoon Crak, can I be excused from the Harvard Shoot this weekend?  >:D

We always seem to schedule a shoot the same weekend as a gun show... I've missed more gunshows lately...

GEORGE WASHINGTON

crak

Yeah.  Go for it.  We need shooters more than instructors now.

nyrasgt

N, c/CK, et. al.,
   Vt. shows sound as if they might be of interest...however, last one listed for 2010 is Dec 4-5, so most of NY will be AIBC-ing w. The Fred @ BFlats...
   ADOM and I did Albany/Empire State Plaza show last Jan (big show) and had a blast; some of the folks we met were from clubs/ranges that were interested in joining AS...Mark A is member of sponsoring group so got discount on table, which was "baited" with CMP Garand, carbine, '03 Springfield, and Bushmaster CMP rifle along with a Ruger LTR.  Believe 2011 dates are Jan 21-22-23, and we can tell folks about 2 x Feb. AS dates indoors @ Saraspa and HFF&G, as well as April-Saraspa and May Hudson Falls AND Dunham's Bay...
  crak - any advice re the Rifle A Repair targets I asked about earlier?
Excelsior,
madMark
"Aim for a high mark and you will hit it.  No, not the first time, nor the second, and maybe not the third. But keep on aiming and keep on shooting,
for only practice will make you perfect.
Finally, you will hit the bulls-eye of success."
-Annie Oakley Butler
A Rifleman Persists
"Nemo me impune lacessit."  Montresor, via E. A. Poe, 1846