News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Roll Call for August AS at Bodcau!

Started by cautery, July 19, 2010, 07:34:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cautery

Who all is registered already?  We couldn't make the June AS, but Renee and I will be there in August....

Haven't shot iron sights in a long time, and not sure my eyes are up to the task, but we'll both be prepared to shoot rimfire and centerfire via irons and/or optics... Hopefully, we'll have all the necessary rifles modded for slings, sights, zeros determined and recorded, et al by the time of the shoot.  We're excited...
Clay Autery

Don71047

Well as of today we have 9 pre reg. If you have not registered I suggest you do. I believe we will sell this shoot out given the amount of time we have to spread the word. I am glad you are going to make the shoot, we will have a little more shade this shoot than the last due to we are setting up the line a little different than the June shoot. Bring plenty of water and sun screen, check out the list of what to bring to the shoot (it is very helpful). I look foward to meeting yall at the shoot in August. Don

cautery

9... up by three this week....  That would be OUR registrations!  O0   Renee and I are bringing her 12-year old son to shoot with us...

She and I are both have some competitive shooting experience, and I was an Infantry/Aviation Officer (once upon a time), so we are no strangers to Summers in the South!

We'll be there with a truck load of rifles, gear, water... anything we think we "might" need or want.  We'll have at least 4 10/22s (2 with irons and 2 scoped... all with swivel studs), and at least 1 AR, probably 2 (mine with irons, and one of hers with a scope).  Each of us will have a sling w/ QD swivel set to hook up to whatever rifle we need to use.  (I'm going to try using iron sights.... but I MAY not be able to do it...  Needless to say, at 46,  I no longer have the >20/10 eyes I had when I was flying.)

I'm hoping to go (and looking forward) to the November Davilla RBC...  hopefully both Renee and I, but I'll come alone if necessary.
Clay Autery

POP

Cautery,
Glad you will be at Bodcau in August.

In addition to the normal learning experience we have a special treat for you.
A fellow Appleseeder and re-enactor will do a "Black Powder" demonstration for us at lunch.
We look forward to seeing you.

Be sure and tell your friends to come shoot with us and learn some exciting history about our nation.

POP

Quote from: cautery on July 20, 2010, 12:34:38 AM
9... up by three this week....  That would be OUR registrations!  O0   Renee and I are bringing her 12-year old son to shoot with us...

She and I are both have some competitive shooting experience, and I was an Infantry/Aviation Officer (once upon a time), so we are no strangers to Summers in the South!

We'll be there with a truck load of rifles, gear, water... anything we think we "might" need or want.  We'll have at least 4 10/22s (2 with irons and 2 scoped... all with swivel studs), and at least 1 AR, probably 2 (mine with irons, and one of hers with a scope).  Each of us will have a sling w/ QD swivel set to hook up to whatever rifle we need to use.  (I'm going to try using iron sights.... but I MAY not be able to do it...  Needless to say, at 46,  I no longer have the >20/10 eyes I had when I was flying.)

I'm hoping to go (and looking forward) to the November Davilla RBC...  hopefully both Renee and I, but I'll come alone if necessary.
3 of 6
7 of 6
Davilla RBC 11-08, 2-09, 11-09, 11-10
Davilla IBC 4-10
Eureka KS RBC 7-10, 5-11
Osage Beach RBC 10-10
WSMR 03-10 ... Sapper Steel
Waterman 300 9/11/10

I can explain it to you but, I cannot understand it for you.

I'll keep my faith, my family, my church, my liberty, my property, my money...oh, and my guns. You can keep the CHAINS. (Triskele)

Don71047

Sounds like you are ready to me. I am planning on a bootcamp sometime this upcoming spring. I hear good things about Davilla, there will be a few Louisiana instructors there in November from what I have been told. I would be there but I already have plans in Kansas. If you have any questions between now and then just drop us a line and we will get y'all an answer.

cautery

Thanks for the reply...   :)

Well...  we are getting there.  I have slings, swivel/stud sets, second set of tech sights, yadda, yadda, blah, blah, ad nauseum on order, and trigger job/bolt release/mag release materials on-hand for my LTR, and the stock fit is just about finished for the 12-yr old...  Still need to finalize on which specific iron sights to get on the way for the non-scoped AR, et al...  but we should have it all taken care of well in advance of the event...

I'm not committing to join the instructor ranks "yet", since I haven't even been to an AS, but I am confident that I will find that it is something I want to do...  It certainly looks like something in which I want to be involved.

Questions:  I'm sure I will have some directly related inquiries along the way....  but right now I am curious about a few things re: the forum...
1) Why it appears that no ones profile is available for viewing...
2) Why does everyone appear to adopt handles, rather than using their names?  Signatures appear to avoid use of name as well...  Just curious.
3) Why certain linked threads (ending in numbers) lead to "not available" warnings when clicked on from within posts that ARE visible...

I can PM my questions to the appropriate person if necessary...  just not sure who that might be.

Quote from: Don71047 on July 21, 2010, 08:11:39 PM
Sounds like you are ready to me. I am planning on a bootcamp sometime this upcoming spring. I hear good things about Davilla, there will be a few Louisiana instructors there in November from what I have been told. I would be there but I already have plans in Kansas. If you have any questions between now and then just drop us a line and we will get y'all an answer.
Clay Autery

spmcpeek

Quote from: cautery on July 22, 2010, 10:40:32 AM
Questions:  I'm sure I will have some directly related inquiries along the way....  but right now I am curious about a few things re: the forum...
1) Why it appears that no ones profile is available for viewing...
2) Why does everyone appear to adopt handles, rather than using their names?  Signatures appear to avoid use of name as well...  Just curious.
3) Why certain linked threads (ending in numbers) lead to "not available" warnings when clicked on from within posts that ARE visible...

1. I'm not sure.  Some other people have had this problem and I would think its an issue with registration and rank access.  Try sending a PM to techres.
2. Not all of us use handles, but most do.  Handles are usually easier to remember and often earned/given to people, sometimes in jest.  
3. These threads are likely in areas of the forum you do not have access to, such as the instructors area.

I'm glad to see you on the forum and look forward to meeting you at Bodcau.
Let me know if there is anything else I can help you with.

Thanks,
Stephen

cautery

Thank you!  I appreciate the response.  See you in August...

Quote from: spmcpeek on July 22, 2010, 01:17:53 PM
1. I'm not sure.  Some other people have had this problem and I would think its an issue with registration and rank access.  Try sending a PM to techres.
2. Not all of us use handles, but most do.  Handles are usually easier to remember and often earned/given to people, sometimes in jest. 
3. These threads are likely in areas of the forum you do not have access to, such as the instructors area.

I'm glad to see you on the forum and look forward to meeting you at Bodcau.
Let me know if there is anything else I can help you with.

Thanks,
Stephen
Clay Autery

JARHEAD MIKE

I should be able to make it on Sunday probably with three other shooters in tow. 243 is the goal for this shoot. We'll see if i can do it. Got a new iron sighted Colt AR i wanna try out too.
"The deadliest weapon in the world is a Marine and his rifle"

Don71047

Sounds like fun Mike. I almost picked up that shotgun, but instead I grabbed a DPMS .308 carbine. I have been super busy so not many trips to the range here lately, but now with having the new rifle I am sure there will be few trips coming up for sure. Looks like the August shoot is going to be a good one. Shoot me an email some time and let me know when you are going to the range and  will try to come out.  :---

JARHEAD MIKE

That Saiga is the finest tactical shotgun i have ever put together but a DPMS 308 is on my list too. I couldnt turn down trading that russian scattergun for an original Colt AR. It shoots pretty tight too. We will see in august. I think i got Jerome talked into coming out, would be nice to have an AR-15 armorer among our ranks.
"The deadliest weapon in the world is a Marine and his rifle"

CuddleCakes

Howdy all,
    Myself and a friend will both be there with yall for our first appleseed.  Looking forward to it already!   :D

spmcpeek

Welcome! 

I'll see you in a couple of weeks.  Let me know if you have any questions I can answer.

cautery

Can't wait... 21 days...  ;)

Received my AR sights yesterday...  Hope to go out to the range this weekend, test, zero, and break all those new slings in!
Clay Autery

Don71047

Just sighted in a few rifles my self!

catsmith

We had a blast yesterday.  Emily had fun and wants to go to another one.  We are gonna be working on our positions before we go to another one.

The instructors were awesome.  Nice to meet everybody.

Robert Smith

CuddleCakes

After my grueling 25 minute drive home, the weekend of shooting in the blistering heat doesn't seem so bad...  Thanks for the great time, instructors and other shooters!  The instruction was absolutely top notch.  I will without a doubt be going to another.

Schnookums

Just wanted to say that the experience at appleseed was awesome! Thanks to all the instructors for taking the time in the heat to teach us and I will definitely be going to another event as soon as I can.
Thanks again,
Schnookums  :)