News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Upstate, super-cheap (5% of usual) CPR/AED/First Aid course?

Started by nyrasgt, July 15, 2010, 09:33:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nyrasgt

Folks,
  Have noted on the forum that Dwarven1 putting together a Massachusetts CPR class for instructors, at cost of $100.
  I work with a local paramedic, we very much believe in everyone knowing this occasionally essential and life-saving skill.  He and I, therefore, can and do offer a CPR/AED/First Aid training course FOR THE COST OF THE CPR CARD YOU RECEIVE, plus a couple of bucks...as in $5 or $10 dollars...TOTAL COST.  Beats the living heck out of $100...look at all the money you'll have to buy more ammunition!
  So, we'll work up some dates, likely at the Adirondack core AS clubs, i.e. HF, DB, and SS...would be LESS than a full day (as in Sat or Sun )...let me know if there's interest (for Vt and NH, too - know Buzzworth's interested) and we'll start looking at dates...perhaps barter an AS gift cert to Chris Norton, the paramedic...
Excelsior,
madMark
PS  Another interesting idea is that we've been able to secure, for a local club and with more being worked on, a
working AED, used, and only needing replacement of batttery and pads...cost of appx $250 rather than the usual $1500+ AEDs usually cost...might not be a bad thing to have with us at AS weekends...
"Aim for a high mark and you will hit it.  No, not the first time, nor the second, and maybe not the third. But keep on aiming and keep on shooting,
for only practice will make you perfect.
Finally, you will hit the bulls-eye of success."
-Annie Oakley Butler
A Rifleman Persists
"Nemo me impune lacessit."  Montresor, via E. A. Poe, 1846

CSHR

I was just reading through a few of the guys talking about reloading for 30-06 and 308.....and I'm fascinated by their knowledge....

Now to an area where I have extensive experience and a strong knowledge base.....

nyrasgt is offering 'you' an amazing amount of training and you are  ++)   #)   %)   if you don't avail yourself of it.

I know what AS is about, the dedication and knowledge of it's members is staggering.......so why can't you see, don't you see, that this is basic information that you should have?
If not for AS then for your own family?

You have arms and ammunition? A reloader? Extra food and water? Seeds to plant? Tools to work on stuff with? Friends? Life/health/car/house insurance?

I've been pushing this idea for over a year now with only two responses and would really like to hear from any of you who'd care to enlighten me on why you choose not to have this information, really, please.

I'm stuck on the Liberal Koast for now, otherwise I'd offer my assistance, best of luck with the classes nyrasgt.

CSHR
"But rightful Liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add "within the law" because the law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual." -- Thomas Jefferson

Josey Wales

..You know I am in NY State EMT class right now. I am using the paperwork you gave me, Thank You Mark..
..August, I will be busy with tests n such, but if you need any help I would love to help...JW.....
..to hell with them fellows, buzzards gotta eat same as worms..

B9

Thanks Mark. Stuff we should all know and cheap to.

I am interested but Aug will be tough for me.
"It's very hard to engineer another countries liberation...people have to liberate themselves. Unfortunately in history, many people get killed..."
Medea Benjamin

landonbarnes

KodyJaret

This seems like a pretty good deal. I would be intersted in something like this.
Took a boating course some years ago that included a
red Cross first aid course that included CPR,,,I sure techniques have changed. Time for a refresher course.

zercool

For anyone not able to attend this (presuming it happens), check with your local YMCA, YWCA, church, or fire department. MANY of them will offer FREE ARC/AHA CPR classes several times a year.

LittleMo

Mark,
I am also interested in taking this course. This is something that all should know how to do because one never knows when you might have to use it. I use to be an EMT many years ago, and over the years I have taken a few CPR courses. Let us know.

Gary
Growing old is mandatory; Growing up is optional!  :)

Marksmanship can be taught and learned,
but the motivation has to be inspired for the
people to become involved.
How many have you inspired that became involved?

http://www.facebook.com/NYSAppleseed
http://www.facebook.com/ProjectAppleseedVermont

Nickle

I may be in.

I've got a lot of First Aid training under my belt, but can you ever really have too much?

And, it'll get me an official CPR card.
They have men amongst them who know very well what they are about, having been employed as Rangers against the Indians and Canadians and this country being much covered with wood, and hilly, is very advantageous for their method of fighting. . . . ".  Lord Percy

Sounds like New Englanders to me.

citation04

bump, please see my new post.

I am a NYS EMT, appleseed shooter as well as a BLS/ACLS Instructor. I teach a variety of classes all the time from the basic American Heart Association "Heartsaver/AED" class, up through Basic life support which may include Pediatrics and first aid, various renewal classes all the way up to Advanced life support which is generally taught to hospital staff mainly Doctors and Nurses.

given my current situation and access to all training materials and literature, I can likely offer any one of these classes to all appleseed instructors and/or participants for an extremely (read: literally %85-90 off) discounted fee. Basically nothing more than the cost of the AHA card which shows that you have been certified ($5) and $10-20 for important literature and take home info.

I can also provide pocket face masks and face shields for below hospital cost and also arrange to have an AED present for any shoot that I am available for.

I am located in the Jericho/Syosset area (exit 40 LIE) and would be happy to set up one or more classes for any of those who may be interested.

If so please contact me via PM or by email at citation04@gmail.com.

Thanks,
-Jeremy S
"Whenever there is any doubt, there is no doubt. That's the first thing they teach you."