News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Racine 7/31/10-8/1/10

Started by Trisha, July 15, 2010, 04:28:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trisha

Pre-regs are low!!! Only 12 people registered!!! We need to get promoting and get the pre-regs up! This has always been an event that had higher turn out. We have about 2 weeks left to promote it, so lets get the flyers posted, and tell everyone you know.  :~ :~ :~

Trisha

what on earth is going on here? Who is able to promote Racine in that area? Colorado? Endpoint? others? Is there anyone out there??? We need to get more people signed up! Lets go, lets go, lets go!!  ~~:)

dragonfly

Does the range have a website and I think they do. Do they have a link to Appleseed.

As far as is there anyone out there??? All I hear are crickets  :wall: .

D-fly
www.facebook.com/WIAppleseed

K.I.S.S.
Lead, Follow or Get out of the way - Thomas Paine
Did you talk to someone new about APPLESEED today ?
The United States Constitution.

dragonfly

I don't think the shooter's know what there missing. A chance to see how everything you learn at Appleseed works at Known distance. A chance to shoot at 600yds. on Sunday  8)  :~  O0 . Oh what a feeling.

dragonfly

K.I.S.S.

Shooterer

Quote from: dragonfly on July 20, 2010, 04:17:47 PM
A chance to shoot at 600yds.

Must be Rifleman
Must be centerfire rifle
Must be over 65 grain projectile

Some one correct me if I am wrong.

Shooterer
Stand up for what's right.... Even if you stand alone.

dragonfly

Alright I will re-fraise; a chance not a guarantee, a posibility something to shoot for  8)  :~ . Range rules apply. Rifleman? Its up to the shoot boss, if you are close and want to see how what you have learned works at known distance. It could be a once in a lifetime chance for some folks  :cool2: . It also depends on if the range will let us use the 600 , they have in the past. Yes there some QUALIFIERS  ;) . Known distance is becoming an important part of Appleseed. Not everyone will have the chance, But it is an attainable goal  O0 .

dragonfly

K.I.S.S.

Gumballhead

Quote from: Shooterer on July 20, 2010, 04:46:12 PM
Quote from: dragonfly on July 20, 2010, 04:17:47 PM
A chance to shoot at 600yds.

Must be Rifleman
Must be centerfire rifle
Must be over 65 grain projectile

Some one correct me if I am wrong.

Shooterer

As for bullet size - I believe we were 62 gr+ back in May...and I believe a couple of guys qualified @ 300y w/55 gr.

Certainly the opportunity would be worth it, and I'll be there with my Garand...so if we've got someone who wants to take a stab at it, I might be persuaded to provide a loaner   ::) ...

Both my father and I have shot 600y w/ the Garand.  It's something every American should learn to do!  (and its a great feeling to know you can do it with just the basics...you, your sling, and your rifle <irons too! :--->)

We sure planted many seeds w/folks @ Bristol last month, and other shooters in Ottawa and Waterman.  Hope they seize the opportunity to join us at this top class facility!

ANd D-Fly - we're listed on the site - http://my.rclrc.net/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=69:the-appleseed-program-racine-march-13-14-may-29-30-july-31-aug-1-oct-2-3&catid=27:publiceventsopen&Itemid=28

See yous guys there!~

Trisha

finally I get a response! lol. Yes, D-fly like Gumby said they have us posted on their website, that was the first thing I checked since it is easy for me to see that from home. Now what we need is to get people to put flyers and those national tri-fold flyers up everywhere!!! I know there are Riflemen and even instructors that live in that area, lets get some promoting done!!!

Trisha

I have emailed the Racine Journal Times about the As event occurring this week. I am hoping they will add it to their community calendar...I am keeping my fingers crossed that they will do it! But we still have time for our LBOTG to do some last minute promo. Are any of you guys out there??

Super Dave

Hoping to make it ourselves, but we got hit in the Eagle tornado last month.  Kind of slowing us down.  Haven't had much contact with our shooting neighbors that we'd enjoy having down to shoot with us either.  I think we'll be making a decision at the in next couple days.  Hoping the heat will stay down too if we can make it.

colycat

Heat is good.  Bring a pop up if you have one.  In Wisconsin we are never comfortable.  Go and sweat this one out and come to a winter seed.  Yes, it will be cold, but you don't like the heat, right?
"These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives everything its value."   T Paine

Super Dave

We're in!  See everyone tomorrow!