News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Buckingham KD day

Started by smwwoody, July 14, 2010, 09:58:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

smwwoody

Who is up for a 400 yard AQT?   I want to get another KD day on the schedule soon.  I will open this up to any rifleman or instructor of any level.  We can do about 12 shooters per relay and for time sake I would like to limit it to 3 relays, unless we get enough interest then we could go 2 days.  I will need at least 3 instructors to work this.  I will be one so I need 2 more.  if we go multiple relays or days instructors that are working can rotate in and shoot.  This would be a good chance to get your SI qualifier done.  Reply to this thread if your are interested in shooting or working.

Woody
Fixing some of the holes in your bucket first can make bailing easier

Our children should be taught how to think, not what to think....

KJ4WXC

Old Dog

I don't know how much I could do (how long I can stand or walk) but I'd like to help.  When do you expect it to be?
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

—Jeff Cooper, The Art of the Rifle

Chrome

I'm leaving for the honeymoon tomorrow.  When you set a date, be sure to PM me so I can see if I can make it.

Later,
Chrome...
Montani Semper Liberi

Cheeks

I'm interested, it just depends on the schedule.

VAshooter

I'm going to open this up a bit more.

We will run full distance Appleseed weekends at Buckingham, Virginia for instructors of any level who want to qualify FD.

We will start at 25 meters and then move back to 100/200/300 and 400 yards on "D" targets. Then we will do it again and again. Instructors who qualify can continue to shoot or instruct those who haven't. It will be run like the first days of an RBC, the intent being that everyone qualifies.

We are within a days drive of just about everywhere on the east coast. No one asked me if it was too far when I traveled to Taccoa, GA or Gibsonburg, Ohio. Get a group of instructors together and carpool over. It will be fun. Pick a weekend that is not tied up with an Appleseed and contact smwoody, FiremanEd, or VAshooter.

VAshooter

n2oguy

Is this going to be every weekend or just special dates??  ++)

:---  Sounds like a great idea  :---

Richie
"Of the people,By the people,For the people"--Abe Lincoln (Except when Big Brother is watching)-R. Taylor

"Great Spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds"--Albert Einstein

Beowolf_357

I just free floated my barrel and did some trigger work at NRA school, would like to see if it works.

Cheeks

Are Sundays an option, or only Saturday?

BD

I rarely get to shoot full distance, because there's nowhere in Northern Virginia to do it.
I'll come down anytime you schedule it, and shoot until you throw me out.
In short....count me in.
Up the Republic

VAshooter

We can't keep the range open all weekend every weekend as we have Appleseeds and wives and girl friends and such to take up some of that time. PM woody and he will let you know if the weekend is tied up with something or if we can get out to shoot. Saturday and/or Sunday is good for shooting if it is an open weekend. There is work involved in getting the range ready so the guys would appreciate help in setting up and putting stuff away.

We won't arrange our lives around finding time for you to shoot but we like shooting as much as you guys do so we are very willing to spend time putting rounds down range whenever we can. PM us and we will start making plans.

VAshooter

smwwoody

Next week I will get together a list of open dates and we can work it out from there

Woody

KJ4WXC

Matt

Jen & I are game, just not the 2nd or 3rd weekend in August. Don't let me be the one that keeps you from shooting, though.
Liberty is my father, and he shall be my son.

smwwoody

Here are some dates I have open at the Buckingham range. Aug 7/8,28/29
Sept 4/5, 11/12,
Oct 2/3, 9/10
Nov 6/7, 20/21, 27/28
Dec 11/12, 18/19

I can't be there for everyone of these dates so let's hash out a few of them that will work

Woody

KJ4WXC

Cheeks

Nov. 20/21 is good for me.

Matt

Any of those work for us, especially the Nov. 27/28 (birthday weekend!)
Liberty is my father, and he shall be my son.

agshooter

I am totally game.  I hope to get a good rear sight for my AR at the gun show next weekend and Ill be ready to roll.  Also have the .308 and .22 in order.

BeSwift

I WILL be at one of these. Right now, late Aug, late Nov, any Dec are the most attractive for my schedule. Will also do the Oct IBC as well...   BeSwift
"The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well"
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Happiness =  Reality - Expectations

smwwoody

Let's try to shoot for the dates in aug. Sept. Or the first week end of november

Woody

KJ4WXC

jmdavis

I can do any of those other than 1st weekend in Nov. I will be happy to shoot, instruct, cook, whatever.

Mike
"If a man does his best, what else is there?"  - General George S. Patton Jr

...We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
  For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
  Shall be my brother...-Shakespeare, Henry V

"There's a great deal of talk about loyalty from the bottom to the top. Loyalty from the top down is even more necessary and is much less prevalent. One of the most frequently noted characteristics of great men who have remained great is loyalty to their subordinates."
- General George S. Patton, Jr

"Your body can't go where your mind hasn't been."
- Alex Arrieta 1995 NTI Winner

FiremanEd

Quote from: jmdavis on July 26, 2010, 04:59:58 PM
I can do any of those other than 1st weekend in Nov. I will be happy to cook

Mike

I fixed that for you Mike.. but I must say I'm a little nervous about your cooking...... 
Are you a Rifleman or a clerk?? 

"Men sleep peacefully at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their part"   George Orwell

jmdavis

Well the Lasagna that I make is really good. I do good spaghetti  and really good deer roast, too. Just don't ask me to bake. I suck at baking.

;)

"There's a great deal of talk about loyalty from the bottom to the top. Loyalty from the top down is even more necessary and is much less prevalent. One of the most frequently noted characteristics of great men who have remained great is loyalty to their subordinates."

agshooter

agshooter

Bueller......Bueller??

Was the 1st wknd of NOV the choice?

smwwoody

Looks like this got pushed to the back burner.  This fall filled up real quick.  How about January or February?????

Woody

KJ4WXC

agshooter

Feb is better than Jan for me.

FiremanEd

Somehow ended up with two threads onthis Agman. Jan 30/31 are the dates. Look up a couple threads above this one in the highlighted ones for the up to date thread.

Eddie
Are you a Rifleman or a clerk?? 

"Men sleep peacefully at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their part"   George Orwell

jmdavis

I split the topic so that we could focus on the January event. Sorry to cause confusion. Please see http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=18078.0

Mike