News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

September 4, 5th AS at Cornell (Watson) in UP

Started by bedford, July 12, 2010, 11:48:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bedford

This one has snuck up on us.  I am a member at this range, great range, 1000 yards.

Lets see if we can get some numbers....any yoopers here that can help?

bedford

This is a small shoot, but BIG range.  A great opportunity to shoot at full distance, especially if you have never done so before.  It will be a great time. Only 4 spots left, so sign up quickly if you want to come!

dragonfly

Looks like a border raiding opportunity  :~

dragonfly
www.facebook.com/WIAppleseed

K.I.S.S.
Lead, Follow or Get out of the way - Thomas Paine
Did you talk to someone new about APPLESEED today ?
The United States Constitution.

bedford

Quote from: dragonfly on August 10, 2010, 07:38:43 PM
Looks like a border raiding opportunity  :~

dragonfly

Not really, just reclaiming our rightful land stolen from the Wisconsin territory by Michigan.  ..:..

dragonfly

;) shhhh , just might have to reclaim it  ;)

dragonfly

K.I.S.S.

Gordon

As of Thursday Aug 12, there are6 pre-regs. No staff yet. Who's thinking about doing this shoot? "Anyone? Bueller Bedford? Bedford?"

Personally, I find the prospect pretty attractive, of spending Labor Day weekend on the U.P. Any of you southerners interested in a road trip? Right up U.S. 23 to I-75, across the Mac and thru the woods --- voila.

Let's not let those WI people have all the fun.  :cool2:

-FM

Deacon

Ok............if nobody from Michigan signs up to SB this event soon ~~:), well then I guess we (Wisconsin) will have to annex that part of the U.P. and add it to Wisconsin's numbers for the year!

Let us know if this works for you guys....I don't want to start chopping up the U.P. without letting you know!

Thanks,

Deacon
WI State Coordinator

dragonfly

Now thats a chalenge  :~  :cool2:  They don't even have any instructors signed up yet  ;) its like they don't even know its there  :-X .

dragonfly   @)

K.I.S.S.

Gordon

Tic Toc --- this event is just over two weeks out. Any takers yet? It's getting close to time to decide.

bedford

To sweeten the pot....

3 of the master class shooters that are helping at this shoot have graciously offered to lend their match AR15s for the long distance portion, and you can purchase discounted match ammo from them if needed!  ^:)^

There was 3 spots open the last time I checked, better move quick if you want to come!

russellmn

Well...  you've got Wisconsin SBing it, might as well have an IIT from MN!!!   I'm switching over from Winona to Cornell for this weekend!!!!   
Pugna pro Patria

www.nationalmatch.us

Deacon

It looks like Colycat will make the drive to da' UP and get them taken care of!

russellmn

I'm looking forward to working with Colycat, I hear many good things and only a (very) few bad.  :D   And I said I'd stop saying stuff about people I don't know.   **)
Pugna pro Patria

www.nationalmatch.us

BeeFree

I am thanking all you Wisconsinites from the bottom of my non-native-Michgander heart here for stepping up on this - getting back across the Mac on Monday when it's down to one lave each way scared the few available folks...

BeeFree
Make Orwell Fiction Again!

Gun Shrink

Jocelyn and I had a great time at our first Appleseed.  We hope to use what we learned -- plus a badly needed new auto bolt release!  --  to help defend our great state of Michigan from further Wisconsin border incursions.

russellmn

GS and Jocelyn, was great to meet you!  Hope to see you out at another shoot soon!
Pugna pro Patria

www.nationalmatch.us

dragonfly

Quote from: Gun Shrink on September 06, 2010, 06:13:30 PM
Jocelyn and I had a great time at our first Appleseed.  We hope to use what we learned -- plus a badly needed new auto bolt release!  --  to help defend our great state of Michigan from further Wisconsin border incursions.

Hey Gun Shrink, check it out  http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=16643.0

See you on the trail,
dragonfly

K.I.S.S.

AFTERMATH

Quote from: Gun Shrink on September 06, 2010, 06:13:30 PM

O'ha!  Now that's the spirit! O0
"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

"Tyrants rise and fall, but tyranny lasts forever." -Me

[What kind of megalomaniac quotes himself?]