News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

First Appleseed Carmi IL

Started by moodawn, July 12, 2010, 05:56:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moodawn

I went to my first Appleseed shoot this past weekend.  I had a blast.  I knew some about shooting a rifle, but it was usually at home off a bench.

I never in my life had ever been so sore by the end of the first day, didn't know if I would even be able to make  it out of bed the next morning.  I did get up and went back for the Sun challenges.  I am so glad that I did.  I had the best time.  The instructors were great, very patient and just great to be around.

I want to give a special thanks to mudcat for letting me borrow his gun for the whole weekend and a special thanks to my better half, who with out him I probably would have never been interested in shooting.

I encourage everyone that has the opportunity to go to this shoot, to go.  You will not regret it. 
I did not make Rifleman this time around, but  know with practice I will make it the next time.

Dawn

yellowhousejake

You and your husband were great students. You both improved quite a bit. You might not think so but we instructors do. We see the "little" things you learned. Like NPOA shift, the expert way you handled your rifle by the Sunday afternoon, the improved consistency in your shooting. Big difference. Don't forget to dry fire, read the ahndouts and practice the positions, and remember... your targets are talking to you.  ;)

Folks like you two on the line make it worth the long drives and the hot days. Hope to see you both again in October.

YHJ
I have removed my email from my profile to stop the mod reports. If you need a Libertyseed scheduled you will now have to contact me on the Libertyseed forum.

YHJ

Mudcat

Dawn you and Mike were a lot of fun and made it a very fun shoot for me. You both improved so much with just a weekend and a 1 box of ammo. isn't that amazing? I look forward to seeing you both back sometime. Don't forget to do some 7th stepping too.  O0
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
--George Washington

brad reynolds

I am glad I attended My first appleseed shoot this weekend, I had a great time and the instructors were very knowledgable.  It didnt take long for me to figure out that I had bad habits either. I would like to thank all the instructors for their patience and for sharing thier expertise.  I dont want to forget to thank Mike and Dawn for sharing their shade too lol.  I am looking forward to being the proud recipent of a rifleman patch, although I know I have some practicing to do.  The stories on our history really struck a cord with Me also.  Mudcat, my old friend...I will get a patch and I want you to be the one that hands it to me  ;).  I hope to see all of you again soon at a shoot.  Thanks again!!!
     Brad Reynolds

moodawn

Brad you  are welcome for the shade.  Hope to see you at the next shoot in Carmi.