News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Danville coming soon!

Started by TheEditor, July 12, 2010, 12:44:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheEditor

Danville, IL appleseeed coming up!  I'm still working on stirring up Danville club members to attend; I've gotten verbal committments from two families with 4-5 attendees, that I do not believe are reflected in the 3/20 prereg numbers. 

I also had email correspondence with a man who says he pre-regged (probably last Friday, so it's not reflected in the numbers either).  He has physical limitations, and will probably need a chair and or a rest for seated position, but he said he would show up, even if he just had to sit and listen and not shoot.  That's the spirit!

I will be passing out fliers for Danville at the East Central Illinois Right to Carry Town Hall meeting Monday night at 7 pm at the Hawthorne Suites in Champaign. 

I'll also have fliers for the Tuesday night Guns Save Life.com meeting at the VFW on Edgebrook in Champaign. 

I'll try to recruit others to pass out fliers other places from those two meetings. 

Looking forward to it!

The Editor
John N.
Author of "50 Things You Didn't Learn in School - But Should Have"
www.heuristicbooks.com

mtbrass

I plan to be there to help for the first time and just pre reg 2  yesterday to bring with me really looking forward to it. Let me know if you need anything!

Shooter30-06

I will be there for my first Appleseed as an Orange hat.  My wife has pre-registered to shoot.  Is this a facility where we need sun shelters?  I have one I could bring if needed.
"We cannot insure success but we can deserve it."-John Adams
"Remember, all men would be tyrants if they could."-Daniel Defoe

TheEditor

Yes, bring sun shelters!  If we have a full house on Saturday, we'll definitely need them.  (And of course, I'm planning on a full house!)   I've got a 10 x 10 I'm bringing.  TE
John N.
www.heuristicbooks.com

TheEditor

Danville instructors (and any other instructors who might want to make it)

I'm going to plan on being at the Danville range next Tuesday (July 20) at 5:30 pm.  (I'm a member there).  You are welcome to come and shoot as my guests that evening; a little range time and warm up for the weekend.  We can also work out a few ideas I have for doing KD and maybe 25 meter shooting on the same line at the same time.  We can shoot until dusk if you like. 

TE
John N.
www.heuristicbooks.com

Boba Fett

I'll be bringing a 10'x12' canopy as well.

George63

------------------------

TheEditor

MENARDS has on sale a 10 x 20 six leg canopy for 77 bucks.  I just picked one up.  I've also got a new 5 gallon cooler I'll be mixing up some Gatorade in. 

TE
John N.
www.heuristicbooks.com

mtbrass

Thanks for the tip on the canopy. I went and picked one up today 10 X 20 with 6 legs and will bring it with me this weekend. Went to the indoor range today to check stuff out and can't wait till the weekend but I guess I will have to.

Garand69

Danville is looking good TE,

Only 5 pre-regs to go to sell out!!

Keep it up!!!!!!!!!!!
Garand69

WSMR 03-10 ...SAPPER STEEL!!!!

"Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results." - General George S. Patton Jr

"One can covet success or one can covet being Right, but if he covets both, he will achieve neither" - Stimey

Do not fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have war......Let it start here.

God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right, even though I think it is HOPELESS.
-Chester W. Nimitz

Reveille

TE, if my memory serves me correctly we had a slight issue with the target line being a little flimsy last year.  I could bring some heavier cable and associated hardware if need be.  This is the set up that we used at Alton and it is easy to install and very secure.  If you think it is good to go then I will disregard.  Thanks, Reveille.
A firearm is only an instrument. It contains no evil, no conscience, and no ability. It is strictly the intent, competence, and character of its user that decide the outcome of any and all actions taken with it.

TheEditor

Yes, bring it.  If we are going to have to restring wire anyway, we may as well do it right. 

Wurstmacher also has a lot of the gear; coordinate with him so you don't unnecessarily duplicate efforts.

Thanks. 

On pre-regs - I know of four or five planning on showing up without having preregged - I have no doubt we'll be at 20.  We can go to 25 if we need to.  Not changing the official limit, just adapting and overcoming. 

Pre-shoot shoot - Tuesday afternoon!  Anyone coming?

TE
John N.
www.heuristicbooks.com

TheEditor

Garand69,

You must have access to info that I can't see; the official pre-reg number board still has us at 6/20.  I'm confident we'll be full, though. 

Thanks for letting us know; I was getting depressed at that "six" number. 

TE
John N.
www.heuristicbooks.com

Wurstmacher

Rev.- we'll check things out tomorrow evening.  I have my target line if we need it. 

Editor- Oddball, AR and I will be there tomorrow evening.  ME is out of state and Cookie has football camp.  Have to check with NoFoMoHo.

I was wondering about Garand's numbers too.  Maybe he is just being optomistic, or maybe Sluefoot is holding a mud puddle to his head.

mtbrass

I can't make it tomorrow evening but hope to be in Friday at a decent time. I PMed about the Saturday dinner, I will have my son and nephew with me so I planned to just stay at a hotel Friday and Saturday night. If anyone can suggest a good hotel near the site it would be appreciated I can find one on line but having a recommendation always seems to help. Thanks.

Wurstmacher

There are plenty of motels in Champaign/Urbana.  Something off of Lincoln Ave, Neil Street, or Prospect Ave. will be right on I-74.  The Oakwood exit to the range is about 20 minutes east of Urbana.  At the Lincoln Avenue area is a Sleep Inn, Ramada, Holiday Inn, Holiday Inn Express, Comfort Inn, and Super 8.

Danville is closer to the range and there is probably someplace off of the Gilbert Street exit.  Just not familiar with the motels near the interstate by Danville.

mtbrass

Thanks for the info on the hotels. I don't want to say I am looking forward to it but I have half the stuff in my car already ^:)^

Reveille

I smell gun powder!  I can't wait to send some lead down range.  :--- ..:..  :~

I am looking forward to seeing all of you guys (and gals) this weekend. 

Reveille
A firearm is only an instrument. It contains no evil, no conscience, and no ability. It is strictly the intent, competence, and character of its user that decide the outcome of any and all actions taken with it.

Reveille

TE, last year you had the food deal for lunch available.  Are you planning anything for this year?  Talk to you soon, Reveille.

Wurstmacher

Met with John last night.  You are on your own for lunch, unless you raid the Wurstmacher fridge and/or cooler, which you are welcome to do anytime.

Reveille

Thanks for the heads up. O0  See you Friday night!

TheEditor

I've ordered a porta john for the event; will have it delivered Friday. 

Range set up Friday at 5:30 pm unless you hear otherwise.

Wurstmacher and some of his family will meet me out there. 

Anyone else that can make it is welcome. 

TE
John N.
www.heuristicbooks.com

mtbrass

I hope to be there Friday by 5:30 p.m. looking forward to meeting everyone.

Garand69

Only 2 spots left folks!!!

Hope you all have a great weekend! Wish I could be there.
Garand69

WSMR 03-10 ...SAPPER STEEL!!!!

"Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results." - General George S. Patton Jr

"One can covet success or one can covet being Right, but if he covets both, he will achieve neither" - Stimey

Do not fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have war......Let it start here.

God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right, even though I think it is HOPELESS.
-Chester W. Nimitz