News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Work Day Davilla Part 2-**Postponed**

Started by doubleLL, July 09, 2010, 11:15:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

doubleLL

POSTPONED due to additional shoots

Scout is ordering the materials for the line cover so everything will be ready for our second work day.

Please vote for two weekends you can make it- Goal to cover the firing line before the November boot camp: Nov. 20-27th ! O0

We will need a lot of hands to get the firing line covered, as Scout said this will be a huge improvement to the shoots.
"Le mieux est l'ennemi du bien."
Davilla 3-10

starfox

My vote is for either the first weekend in Sept or Oct.  Now, Oct 31st would be a cool weekend to do it, but maybe too many folks with commitments to the kidlings.   Still, would be need to do some Halloween themed shooting (shoot the Zombie Redcoats?  :--- or a real demonstration of pumpkin on a pole sight picture?) and have Scout tell some scaaaary stories around the campfire.  I hear he has a background in theater.  ;D
"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women,
when it dies there, no constitution, no law,
no court can save it." - Judge Learned Hand

"Never compromise. Not even in the face of Armageddon . . ." - Rorschach, The Watchmen.

Davilla 3-10

Reddot

Andrew,
  You're not suggesting that we should shoot red hats??? Just checking!  And you're not kidding about Scout telling scary stories; just ask Dragit's daughters, I think they're still sleeping with the lights on!!!
  As far as dates go, just tell me when--i'm sure it will be a great time!
Chuck

POP

I voted for November
I voted for November 6-7, but, I can probably make Oct 30 work.

Re: Scout's theater background, Which Theater?  The Pacific Theater?  The Massassassassachusetts Theater?   **)

POP

Quote from: starfox on July 09, 2010, 12:34:01 PM
My vote is for either the first weekend in Sept or Oct.  Now, Oct 31st would be a cool weekend to do it, but maybe too many folks with commitments to the kidlings.   Still, would be need to do some Halloween themed shooting (shoot the Zombie Redcoats?  :--- or a real demonstration of pumpkin on a pole sight picture?) and have Scout tell some scaaaary stories around the campfire.  I hear he has a background in theater.  ;D
3 of 6
7 of 6
Davilla RBC 11-08, 2-09, 11-09, 11-10
Davilla IBC 4-10
Eureka KS RBC 7-10, 5-11
Osage Beach RBC 10-10
WSMR 03-10 ... Sapper Steel
Waterman 300 9/11/10

I can explain it to you but, I cannot understand it for you.

I'll keep my faith, my family, my church, my liberty, my property, my money...oh, and my guns. You can keep the CHAINS. (Triskele)

Western Rose

Can I come?

Wishful thinking....... You all have a grand time! 8) ;)
Where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty. - 2 Cor. 3:17

A stranger is just a friend you haven't met yet.

"When an honest man who is mistaken, is confronted with the truth, he will either cease to be mistaken, or he will cease to be honest." - PHenry

"The teenage years are not a vacation from responsibility... They are the training ground of future leaders who dare to be responsible now."

Northwest Region Project Appleseed on Facebook

50th Appleseed
Appleseed: From Coast to Coast

CaptG

I'm not going to vote since none of the dates fall when i've got both days off. I'd be able to come out for 1 of the days on both Oct dates though.
Guy
"If you will not fight for the right when you can easily win without bloodshed; if you will not fight when your victory will be sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a small chance of survival. There may even be a worse case: you may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves."
Winston Churchill

alonso1

LabRat

I voted for two, but can probably make any of them at least one day.

I don't need extra scary stories. If I want to get a scare, I just turn on the news!
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.

Thomas Paine

Aromatic

I picked two, but I could make any of them work.  Is this going to be a metal or wood structure?

voortrekker

If there is a weekend or weekends realized for this VERY important endeavor, I will be there with working gloves on, to the best of my ability.

IMPORTANTLY.... WE need a working PLAN on this project........otherwise, we are going to all show up staring at eachother and wasting precious time.

Working plan :

1) When is Davilla going to get the funds from RWVA for this project?

2) How many hands do we have?

3) What are the range cover plans?

4) Materials?

5) Time to get these materials, delivered?

5) Whose bringing what tools?

I believe it'd be better to take this endeavor off of RWVA forum and unto emails becuase it's easier to communicate, IMHO.  Scout can correspond with RWVA admins regarding progress.

Brett out.

If YOU are thinking, WE are winning.

Eagleeye

I agree Brett. 

This is not a small task. 

Need a plan.

I will be glad to help with tools, labor etc.

p.s. These are killer weekend for hunters.  Opening weekends.

Baminal

I agree with Brett  O0

(The Other) Brett
The death of democracy is not likely to be an assassination from ambush.  It will be a slow extinction from apathy, indifference and undernourishment.
Robert Maynard Hutchins, Educator (1899-1977)

Love you liberty and fight for it like men who know its value.  Once lost, it will never, never be regained.
Capt. Hugh Ledlie (1720-1798)

fuzzysnout

My work schedule is flexible with enough lead time. Any of those weekend are OK with me. I just need to request the time off. Tool wise I can bring an air compressor, nail gun, skill saw etc.

Grunt Medic

As long as there is no conflict with drill, I will be there - and will do my level bet to bring a few hardy souls with me.  Looking for the dates!

reliable

As long as we set the dates sooooon, I can make about any of those.  Larry

Texas Rifleman

Ok you have the Dove opener listed, the Bow Hunting opener listed, and the Regular Gun/Deer listed.
Are you guys anti-hunting or what ?? :)
I'll try and make it whenever everybody else can.
But not the Dove Opener that is the one hunt of the year I get to do with my son. O0
Unless you want to have a Dove Hunt at Scouts place and then get to busy working - just saying....
...when the student is ready, the teacher will appear.
Davilla - 5/09

wolf

wolf, here i voted for sept. ill try to make any one though .lets pray for no rain whatever weekend it is.see yall,ens then.

Grumpy

Y'all just let me know what day, and I'll be there. :cool2:
Turn off the X-box and focus on the X-ring.

Reddot

I'll look forward to seeing you, Rifleman Grumpy.  Excellent job this weekend....you know, you'd look pretty good in an Orange hat, just saying.....I took mine at a work day, we can start a trend ;)
Chuck

Grumpy

That is a thought.
I might need to work on my consistency with those scores(just my thinking).
I AM seriously considering the offer.

Reddot

Grumpy,
You're consistent enough!! We need help instructing--I think you'd be a natural.  The glamorous life style of an Appleseed instructor, your jokes are funnier, the ladies find you more attractive, all that stuff, or at least that's what Scout says **)

AlarmList76

I am willing to show up on any weekend except the Labor Day weekend, 3-6 Sep 10.  Reddot and I are planning on attending an NRA Rifle Instructor course during that time.  But if that falls through then any weekend is OK.

Bill

dragit

I see Oct. 2-3 is running up front.  Three issues for me are: Sept 11-13 Davilla IBC, Sept 18-19 Davilla AS, Sept 25-26 Fredericksburg AS.  My wife is already going to be a little upset (to put it politely) that I will be doing three weekends in a row.  A fourth weekend will put her over the edge. !@#)
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.  Goethe

Sarah Belding: Be careful. You're a man who makes people afraid, and that's dangerous.
The Stranger: It's what people know about themselves inside that makes 'em afraid.

His genius was to promote collective action in the cause of freedom... Fischer

doubleLL

We will talk about the work day at the picnic this Saturday July 31st.   Right now October 2-3rd is the primary date, we will need a lot of hands even if the hands are available for one day. 

Texas Rifleman- LOL- guess you could tell I never been hunting...

Dragit- Perhaps the picnic may help smooth things over with the family!   :)

Voortrekker- Yes we will have a plan in place so we don't get side tracked.   ;D
"Le mieux est l'ennemi du bien."
Davilla 3-10

POP

Oct 2-3 ... Atlanta, TX ... NEW AS RANGE
This event will be on the schedule soon.
The location is SW of Texarkana between I20 and I30.
A new range on private land, it has capability out to 1,000+ yds and, the property owner wants to make it a DAR.

I appreciate all your support in Sherburne and Shreveport LA.  Please consider that this is the first of many shoots in Atlanta and I will need a shoot boss and instructors.

We'll talk this weekend.
Thanks,
POP
3 of 6
7 of 6
Davilla IBC 4-10
Eureka KS RBC 7-10, 5-11
Osage Beach RBC 10-10
Waterman 300 9/11/10

I'll keep my faith, my family, my church, my liberty, my property, my money...oh, and my guns. You can keep the CHAINS. (Triskele)

Reddot

Great work, POP!!
Will we be able to camp on the range?

POP

Yep!  Plenty of Camping sort of like Davilla, right there at the range.  Since this will be the first AS there it is real rustic, primitive. 
Atlanta is just a few (5 or 6) miles from the range.  So, some good eatin' out ain't far.

POP
3 of 6
7 of 6
Davilla IBC 4-10
Eureka KS RBC 7-10, 5-11
Osage Beach RBC 10-10
Waterman 300 9/11/10

Grumpy

Good deal. I'm in.
That's a little closer than Davilla, and on an alternate weekend.

I'm gonna have to quit my job to start making all these "seeds

Reddot

Grumpy,
I'm with you, so many Appleseeds, so little time :-[
I'm going to try and make this one as well---gotta figure the schedule around it.
Chuck

POP

Quote from Grumpy
I'm gonna have to quit my job to start making all these "seeds

Think of it like this:
IF NOT NOW, WHEN?
IF NOT ME, WHO?

Our country needs us ... now.
When we succeed in saving our country we can go back to work at our chosen vocation.  But, failure is not an option.  Ask Paul Revere & Company.

Back to bailing.  See you in Atlanta,
POP
3 of 6
7 of 6
Davilla IBC 4-10
Eureka KS RBC 7-10, 5-11
Osage Beach RBC 10-10
Waterman 300 9/11/10