News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Best location for an Appleseed billboard?

Started by ItsanSKS, July 08, 2010, 04:27:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ItsanSKS

Regarding this thread: http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=14919.0;topicseen

We in Florida need to figure out where the best location for a billboard would be.  I'm thinking somewhere along either (or both) the I-75 & I-95 corridors, and perhaps I-10 and I-4. 

These have already begun to have a significant impact in interest generated for the program, and I would like to get them setup here ASAP. 
"Those who would trade an ounce of liberty for an ounce of safety deserve neither."

"To save us both time in the future... how about you give me the combo to your safe and I'll give you the pin number to my bank account..."

Mogget

They move every month or so, depending on when the billboards rent.  We get them so cheaply because the billboard is not otherwise rented.  Try to figure out where is best for each of your upcoming venues...and then stayed tuned for more details.

Mogs

caseyblane

"Boy, there are Do'ers, Thinkers, and Wonderers, be a Do'er!" My Grandfather.

willorith

With our ranges spread all over the state, and perhaps only Manatee to call home, I-75, or I-275  south bound in Tampa/St. Pete would be the best place to start.

Willorith
We are but human.

reagansmom215

I agree with Willorith, but also think I-75 farther south (Charlotte, Lee, Collier counties) might not be bad either - the drive to Myakka is still manageable. If we can get people to the website, we can work on getting them to an event, where-ever. Plus, if they're down here, maybe I'll actually see them! LOL

I-4 is a great east-west roadway too, but they might be overpowered by theme park boards.  :wb:   I-10 in the Northern part of the state?   That's part of the FL challenge - everything is so spread out! They're beautiful boards though....
STOP GLOBAL WHINING!

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight." (Prov 3:5-6)

"The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." - Thomas Jefferson

"I hold it that a little rebellion now and then is a good thing, and as necessary in the political world as storms in the physical. [...] It is a medicine necessary for the sound health of government. " -  Thomas Jefferson, letter to statesman (later president) James Madison (Jan. 30, 1787)

If you heard the shot, you weren't the target.

simonkenton

For the east coast I'd recommend I95 near Jacksonville below the 295 bypass heading north.  This would catch I10 too.  Although it might not catch as much intrastate traffic, it would get the word out to travellers from many states.

ThaiFighter

We should target Manatee.   It gives us 12 events a year and it has a good sized line.
"Reasonable people adapt themselves to the world. Unreasonable people attempt to adapt the world to themselves. All progress, therefore, depends on unreasonable people."

-GBS

Proud to be funding TG and BF's retirement account... ;)

hornblower

My suggestion is that at least two of the locations be on #75, one south of the Alico Road exit (the exit for the RSW airport), and the other north of the Daniels Parkway exit ( the other exit for the RSW airport).

There is a tremendous amount of traffic on that stretch of Route #75, and we should be looking for market penetration.

Just my two cents.

PHenry

Even US 19 would be good - lots of traffic at a slower speed and with traffic lights - captive audience.
Para ser Libre, un Hombre debe tener tres cosas. La Tierra, una Educacion, y un Fusil. Siempre, un Fusil!  Emiliano Zapata