News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Handling Walkons

Started by Glock23, July 08, 2010, 12:51:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Glock23

What's the official process for handling walkons? Someone from CTShooting asked what you would do if a walkon showed up to a sold out event. Common sense says you would fill the line to "legal" capacity and have to turn them away if it was truly full. Or do you guys specifically leave space at an event in case of walkons?

CortJestir

If there's room on the line and we can fit 'em in safely, we'll do it - unless there is a club restriction or some such.

I have yet to turn away any walk-on for a shoot that has "sold out" on pre-regs, FWIW. We always get some no-shows for various reasons.

You coming to Simsbury this weekend, Dave?
CT Appleseed Facebook Page

"I hate quotations. Tell me what you know." - Ralph Waldo Emerson :D

SavageShootr

There is also the option of running a relay if you have enough walk ons.

On sold out shoots, I start a walk on list. The person doing Admin Drill (meet and greet) asks if they are pre registered. If not the name goes on a list. This is the only way I could figure to be fair. Someone that arrives 20 minutes early might get on the list behind 5 people that get there and rush to the admin table.

YMMV

"Listen to everyone, read everything, and don't believe anything unless you can prove it."' B.C.
"It isn't like it is life or death...it is more important than that." MrPete

asminuteman

"He who dares not offend cannot be honest." ~ Thomas Paine

"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."~ Thomas Paine

I know of no way to judge the future, then by the past. -Thomas Paine

RifleWoman

To watch, they need to fill out a liability wavier, but yes all the above is right.

Usually there are a lot of kids on the line, and they don't take up much room so you can squeeze a few more in.
Many hands make light work and easy bailing.

Glock23

Thanks - I'll pass on the info. Unfortunately I can't make it to Simsbury, but I am registered for Colebrook!