News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Ottawa, IL 07/10-11 Chuckwagon

Started by Gumballhead, July 08, 2010, 01:41:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gumballhead

Hi Everyone -

I just called the range to confirm the chuck wagon will be there this weekend for lunch.  I think they are still around $4-$5 for a lunch combo - great deal.

Looking forward to this weekend!

Pappy

Greyhound (rescue) burgers are the best!!! :) :) :) ;D O0 Pappy
Which has greater value?...... Ammo will get you through times of no money better than money will get you through times of no ammo..

Gumballhead

Quote from: Pappy on July 08, 2010, 11:08:41 AM
Greyhound (rescue) burgers are the best!!! :) :) :) ;D O0 Pappy
HAHAH!  :D

I needed a laugh today!  **) **)

HS2

Guys,

That was a great class at Ottawa this past weekend.  I learned a lot.  I hope to make the Waterman class in September.

Gumballhead

Quote from: HS2 on July 12, 2010, 07:06:37 PM
Guys,

That was a great class at Ottawa this past weekend.  I learned a lot.  I hope to make the Waterman class in September.
Certainly welcome you!

Be sure to get pre-registered as sure as you're sure.  The shoot sells out at 300 - once we reach it, no walk ons!

Glad you enjoyed the shoot - be sure and drop in to say hi on the AAR thread - http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=15072.0

redbird

Hey Guys, this is Redbird, Red for short.  I had a great time in Ottawa and definitely learned a lot.  I will be much better prepared next time and fully expect to qualify.  I have told many guys here in the QC about what you do and they are enthusiastic about participating sometime in the future.  I want to bring my boss to one and the next dates that work are back at Ottawa in late September.  I'm also going to the Milan Rifle Club board meeting on 28 Jul to explain what you do and try to interest them in hosting one.  I'll report back after the meeting.  Going to Camp Perry 5-8 Aug to watch the matches and present our M14 EBR-RI National Match rifle for consideration for acceptance as a service rifle so it can be used in next year's matches.  Let you know how that goes also.       Red

Gumballhead

Hi Red,

Glad you had a good time!  I think we may have your mats, we found a couple of them where you were set up.  I think Pappy may have them.  Probably can find a way to get them to you at a future shoot.

Great to hear the guys you work with are interested.  Grab a group of them, and come on out.  You'll already have a head start, so you should be able to show em up pretty good!   ;D  Keep practicing the steady hold factors, and finding your NPOA.  Our 300 shoot in Waterman (Aurora Sportsman's Club) http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=10933.0 will be a great shoot.  Otherwise, any of our other upcoming events would work too!

Thanks for coming out, and hope to see you again soon!
Gumballhead