News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

small arms firing school

Started by Butt Stock, July 07, 2010, 02:41:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Butt Stock

who is going to the small arms firing school this weekend at camp perry.

Birdman

Not that, but I did sign up for Sporter Nationals on July 25.  Anybody else going to be there?

ACP230

My younger son is at the Nationals but I don't know if he signed up for SAFS this year.       

SoxInCincy

:---  I'll be there for rifle SAFS   :---
Acta Non Verba

HPT

I will also be there for Rifle SAFS with SoxInCincy.  I have been to both pistol and rifle SAFS several times and highly recommend them.  The instruction is not nearly as good as Appleseed.  However, you get to shoot at Camp Perry and the experience is awe-inspiring (at least to me.)

Plus you can earn points toward your Distinguished Badge.
HPT
To be ignorant of what happened before you were born... is to live the life of a child for ever.
-- Marcus Tullius Cicero

Gordon

TAKE SOME FLYERS!

The registration line is a PERFECT place to hand them out and talk about Appleseed.

That's how I heard about the program, in fact.

MeanStreaker

Great idea, Fuzzy!

I can hook people up down here as you pass through with the fancy new tri-fold fliers.  These things are beautiful.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.
--Thomas Paine

Used to ride a Kawasaki Mean Streak motorcycle.  I'm not an angry, naked runner.  :)

posterboy

I am going to be there on the Friday that registration occurs to SPECIFICALLY promote Appleseed as I have done the last 3 years. There is also the horrible experience of commercial row but I'll make that sacrifice for the sake of the program.  :cool2:

If you are going to be there.... let's attempt to coordinate our plans (via pm or another thread) loosely so we don't seem like dofusses and waste our good name or our welcome.

Registration Friday is like shooting ducks in a barrel. You have a static line of people with nothing better to do than listen about appleseed  >:D It is also a great way of gauging the program's success by the number of blank looks you receive or don't !

pb

Butt Stock

Well i am kinda late on saying this but I had fun at the pistol. I acutely did better then I thought I would do.  ^-^

Troy (ilium) and I are going to the rifle SAFS to. I may get to shoot at the national match for the rifle if I get every thing I need in time and set up for it.

BS

BeSwift

I'll be heading to Perry for the Vintage Rifle matches.. 1st week in Aug, Thurs thru Sat .. If anyone wants to meet up, drop me a PM... BeSwift
"The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well"
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Happiness =  Reality - Expectations

slim

Quote from: Butt Stock on July 13, 2010, 10:35:28 PM
SAFS match results

http://clubs.odcmp.com/cgi-bin/report_eventAward.cgi?matchID=5688&eventID=9&awardID=1
Good job, Ryan! Both you and Troy did pretty well to be in the top half of all those shoters. Way to go! (And I see you almost got him!)

Good luck with the rifles.