News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

After Action Report, Augusta July 3 and 4

Started by TAZDevil, July 06, 2010, 04:01:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TAZDevil

AFTER ACTION REPORT:  Augusta, GA: July 3 and 4

Wonderful setting and weather for this Appleseed event.  Temperatures were in the mid 80s F, with a gentle breeze from 6 O'clock.

We had 14 students on Saturday and 9 on Sunday for a holiday weekend.
Students were extremely enthusiastic and most were new Appleseed attendees.

Shoot Boss: TAZDevil
Red Hats: Bagel, FranklinFarmer and DrJohn
IITs: JAAGunns (a rifleman from the last Augusta Appleseed) and TheIRONMANTIS

The Pinetucky Range in Augusta is perfect for "hammering out Riflemen on the anvil of the AQT". 

Shooters proved to themselves that they can shoot the same 4MOA and better groups at 100 yards (with .22 rimfires) as they can at 25 meters despite a 5 mile an hour fishtailing and gusting wind from 5 to 7 O'clock.

Sunday: 1 new Riflemen: Alain Gagne.  Alain loves shooting and will continue attend Appleseeds as his wife (Danielle-Nicole) is closing in on rifleman also.

FranklinFarmer read the Declaration of Independance as part of the Sunday Benediction; a wonderful addition.

A great two days in Augusta, GA.

"An Englishman's home is his castle" Jason Russell

"Posterity, you will never know how much it cost the present generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you will make good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in heaven that ever I took half the pains to preserve it."  John Adams