News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Decent Affordable Rifle Range Near Atlanta?

Started by Georgia Gator, July 02, 2010, 06:06:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Georgia Gator

I'm in downtown Atlanta.  I went to Toccoa last year and am having problems getting out to a range to hone my new skills.  I've done alot of research and haven't found many good options so I'm reaching out to see if anyone knows of a stone I've left unturned.  So far, my options are: 

1.  I have a friend whose a member at Riverbend but it is about an hour North for me and on top of $300 per year, they have a $600 initiation fee.  $900 to start is steep. 
2.  There is a South River Club but that would cost me $600.  Probably my best option at this point as it is closer and cheaper than Riverbend but still, cheaper would be nice.   
3.  There is the Dekalb Police Range but they are only open to the public from 10a to 4p on the 1st 2 Fridays of each month and today they were closed because the Park & Rec guys were apparently doing grounds work.  They are only $7 but the 2 Friday max sucks. 
4.  The closest Wildlife Management Area where you can shoot is Gainesville which is over an hour away. 

Any recommendations?  I'd prefer an outdoor range but not picky if there is some kickass indoor range that let's you shoot prone. 

rlongcore

West of Atlanta, out I-20 at the Temple, GA exit is Advanced Bullets. www.advancedbullets.com  They have all outdoor ranges, pistol, 25 yd. out to 100 yards. You can pay for range time, or pay a reduced rate if you become a member.
All Men Will Die - Few Men Will Really Live

franklinfarmer

You might consider the West Georgia Youth Range in Waco.  We're having a shoot there August 14-15, so you can show up and check it out. 

http://www.wgts.info/wgyr/?page_id=2

(Also, it's just 100wfrn/year with 100wfrn up front.)
It is certain, I think, that the best government is the one that governs least. But there is a much-neglected corollary: the best citizen is the one who least needs governing. The answer to big government is not private freedom, but private responsibility.

--Wendell Berry, "The Loss of the Future" in The Long-Legged House  (1969)

The problem is not Democrats.  The problem is Republicans who lack the intellectual clarity to become libertarians and libertarians who lack the physical discipline to become riflemen.  ---Kenneth Royce

Piker

Creekside near Cartersville:

http://www.creeksidefiringrange.com/

If you join, there are no range fees. Also, if you can get a day off on Wednesday and are a member they have long range shooting; up to 500 yards.
"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson

goose

There is a range in Adairsville, 770 608 4848.  Day rates.  Nice layout for long range, pistol, skeet.     ..:..
"The most dangerous man to any government is the man who is able to think things out for himself, without regard to the prevailing superstitions and taboos. Almost inevitably he comes to the conclusion that the government he lives under is dishonest, insane, and intolerable..." - H.L. Mencken

Georgia Gator