News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR Cass County Patriots Mtg 18June10

Started by POP, July 02, 2010, 12:31:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

POP

In Atlanta, Texas, a little ways South of Texarkana, meets a group called the Cass County Patriots.  Three members of the CCP are now Appleseeders who have shot at the range in Shreveport/Bodcau, and who, along with Mrs. POP and myself wore our Appleseed Tee Shirts.

They (olfart) invited me to speak at their Monday night meeting June 28.  See the attached link to their website http://casscountypatriots.com/ .
The article is linked to the Appleseed Home Page.

Paul Hunt with the Appleseed Project spoke to the group on Monday, June 28, 2010. Paul distributed pocket constitutions to the group, and hosted a lively debate on the U.S. Constitution and Declaration of Independence. Special thanks to Paul for a great presentation.

There were 12 members in attendance, all of whom were interested in Project Appleseed.  Mrs. POP and her father attended with me.  As I started she distributed pocket constitutions which I told the group would be used a little later in the presentation.  When I got to the PCs I explained how they were laid out with the Declaration of Independence, Constitution, and BoR.  Then I asked what was the primary reason for the Revolutionary War and where could that reason be found. 

As you might have guessed, most folks present said "taxation w/o representation" but, they could not readily find where that was enumerated.  Then I told them "Let's look at the first reason enumerated in the DoI."  Then I told them that in fact Taxation was reason number 17.  They were surprised.  A good discussion followed.

About 40' away on the back wall of the meeting room I taped a Red Coat which made a great segue into Appleseed.  We got on into Appleseed, targets, safety, the stories ... etc., just giving them enough to get interested.  As, i went through various topics I asked the audience questions and especially looked for responses from the three members who had been to an Appleseed. 

Ya'll be looking for some good things from the Tri-Corner area of Northeast Texas, Northwest Louisiana, and Southwest Arkansas.

Thanks to Jeff Akin, head of CCP, olfart, and the CCP membership for the opportunity to talk about bailing.

POP
3 of 6
7 of 6
Davilla RBC 11-08, 2-09, 11-09, 11-10
Davilla IBC 4-10
Eureka KS RBC 7-10, 5-11
Osage Beach RBC 10-10
WSMR 03-10 ... Sapper Steel
Waterman 300 9/11/10

I can explain it to you but, I cannot understand it for you.

I'll keep my faith, my family, my church, my liberty, my property, my money...oh, and my guns. You can keep the CHAINS. (Triskele)