News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

7th Stepping Resources

Started by gglovesguns, July 01, 2010, 05:45:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gglovesguns

Hello All~

As we gear up to staff the Crossroads of the West and Big Reno guns shows, I was wondering what 7th stepping resources we have available to us.  Getting a table is great and having volunteers to staff it is even more wonderful. But to make these recruiting events complete, I believe that we need to have something on the tables to draw people over to us and something we can give them to take home.

Is there a "booth box" we can check out to use at these events? (ie a Rubber-maid container full of pamphlets, business cards, flyers, tablecloths and other table dressings, a copy of Paul Revere's Ride, etc). If not, is there funding available to start one? Or is anyone willing to go in with me to create such a resource? What have we done at past gun shows? I'm new at this. Let me know!

Thanks!

desertrat144

We had some of the AQTs to hand out at the Big Reno Show- they went quickly.  There also presentations running on lap tops (they are on DVD too), along with miscellaneous fliers. 

The table we will have doesn't come with power- the hook up fee is horrendous!

There are other items &c., look up the members that did the last Big Reno Show there was something cobbled together, but I'm not sure who has what.

Tom
"Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond it's limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves." - President Ronald Wilson Reagan

Antibubba

Having an LTR displayed on the table is very effective, and it helps to illustrate all the cool things a shooter will do at a 'seed.  Other military rifles, like an M1 or such will bring people over too.  Just be aware that half of them are thinking you're selling them, so you have to get the pitch started before they lose interest.
A rifle cannot win a war; it is just a tool.  Wars are fought and won in the hearts and minds of the people.

desertrat144

We had one and a sporterized '03 Springfield (with a Peterson port) on the table, too.  At the BRS you have to indicate what is or isn't for sale, as I suspect it is at most shows.  As you state, the rifles will grab attention, but with the videos running, and being in the hallway rather on the floor, most folks realize that the firearms aren't for sale, but...

Tom
"Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond it's limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves." - President Ronald Wilson Reagan