News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Lexington & Concord IBC - Aug 7/8, 2010!!

Started by CortJestir, July 01, 2010, 09:52:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CortJestir

To all Instructors and IITs:

crak will be holding another Instructor Boot Camp along Battle Road, Lexington and Concord this August! Here's another chance for you to internalize the history and see where these world-changing events took place, in addition to the usual opportunity to advance your IIT level, of course.

Original post is here:
http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=14757.0

If you don't have access to the regional board, here is the message:

QuoteWe need another IBC.  August 7-8 looks good from a schedule standpoint.  I'm sure we'll come up with the 4 IITs we need.  I want a red hat for every two IITs to make this super smooth.

Saturday will be a very long day teaching you everything we know about how to pass the skills of the rifle to your fellow Americans.

Sunday will be a lesson in passing on our Heritage, taught by the very places on which it began.  Lexington Green, Old North Bridge, Merriam's Corner, Battle Road, Fiske Hill... you get the idea.

More details coming as soon as I get a little sense of how many are coming...

Well, who's in?

Please post in that thread or PM crak if you intend to come.

CJ
CT Appleseed Facebook Page

"I hate quotations. Tell me what you know." - Ralph Waldo Emerson :D

Glock23

You think they'd let non-IITs tag along on Sunday if we promise to be really really quiet?! Man I would love to see Battle Road with someone that knows the sights. I just finished reading Paul Revere's Ride and I got an itch to tour the area... I know, I know - It's serious training, not a tour....sigh...

crak

Well what's stopping you from getting an orange hat between now and then?  Have you been to an Appleseed before?

There are at least three new england shoots before then.

(yes, we do allow friends and family to come on Sunday, but I want you coming on Saturday too.  :D )
Check your drama at the door.

fprintf

Attending Simsbury and Colebrook events between now and then, and then I will definitely be there. Edit: I managed to find housing in Andover, just a short drive away so taht I don't have to drive home and back up from Connecticut. Good thing my friend is a night owl and doesn't care when I come by to crash at his place.

Looking forward to hearing some of the details!
I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and dog-gone it people like me!  ~Stuart Smalley

The Log

Is there any point to attending only one day? If so, which would you recommend?

2p
"The future belongs to those that show up." - hawkhavn

CortJestir

^ for this particular IBC, if I had to pick one day, it would be Sunday, when crak tours Battle Road and concentrates on the history. There's just no better way to internalize the story than to tell The Three Strikes where they actually happened.

But why attend only one day, when you can attend two?  ;)

FWIW...
CT Appleseed Facebook Page

"I hate quotations. Tell me what you know." - Ralph Waldo Emerson :D