News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Lexington and Concord, MA IBC 8/7-8

Started by crak, July 01, 2010, 12:10:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

crak

We're having another instructor class.

http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=14757.0

Reply there if you can come!
Check your drama at the door.

Sprocket

link didn't work for me - if I am home and can make it, I will

crak

Bleh, I bet not everybody can get to the regional boards.   ::)

Here's the announcement:

We need another IBC.  August 7-8 looks good from a schedule standpoint.  I'm sure we'll come up with the 4 IITs we need.  I want a red hat for every two IITs to make this super smooth.

Saturday will be a very long day teaching you everything we know about how to pass the skills of the rifle to your fellow Americans.

Sunday will be a lesson in passing on our Heritage, taught by the very places on which it began.  Lexington Green, Old North Bridge, Merriam's Corner, Battle Road, Fiske Hill... you get the idea.

More details coming as soon as I get a little sense of how many are coming...

Well, who's in?     ^:)^

fprintf

Not sure if I will be an IIT or not. Checking time commitments. Will know by Colebrook, CT (7/31).
I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and dog-gone it people like me!  ~Stuart Smalley

dwarven1

There's a shoot in Harvard in two weeks...
Unhappy it is ... to reflect that a brother's sword has been sheathed in a brother's breast, and that the once happy and peaceful plains of America are either to be drenched with blood or inhabited by slaves. Sad alternative! But can a virtuous man hesitate in his choice?

GEORGE WASHINGTON

crak

CortJestir

Stuart, you only need shoot Rifleman once and attend at least 2 Appleseeds as a student to qualify as an IIT. If you want the Hat, just say so at Simsbury and you'll be instructing at Colebrook (or Harvard or Jericho...). I know you have a passion for this program and a willingness to teach. O0

As for me and the IBC: just waiting on confirmation of housing arrangements..,

CJ
CT Appleseed Facebook Page

"I hate quotations. Tell me what you know." - Ralph Waldo Emerson :D

edmorseiii

Crak, you must have known I was in need of some serious Rifleman Recharging, seeing as how I am missing the July shoots I wanted to get too.

If I am back from the Gulf, and oil free, I will be there!

edmorseiii

Well apparently I spoke to soon. It seems there are other plans for what is left of my summer. I will not be back in time for this event.  :wall:

crak

No worries, Ed.  You're doing God's work out there in the Gulf saving the shrimp(s).  We'll eat some in your honor and this'll give Kaisha a chance to catch up. :) 

Get together with Mike93lx and figure out a date you both can make it and we'll just have another one.

mike93lx

Quote from: crak on July 06, 2010, 02:46:02 PM
Get together with Mike93lx and figure out a date you both can make it and we'll just have another one.

:'(  I was really looking forward to this, but alas, I'll be camping in VT that weekend.

Have fun out there.

Nickle

There will be another coming up sometime after those Aug dates, (almost 100% certain) in VT.
They have men amongst them who know very well what they are about, having been employed as Rangers against the Indians and Canadians and this country being much covered with wood, and hilly, is very advantageous for their method of fighting. . . . ".  Lord Percy

Sounds like New Englanders to me.

fprintf

Not sure if I will be an IIT now. Will know for sure by Colebrook, CT (7/31). Thanks!
I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and dog-gone it people like me!  ~Stuart Smalley

crak

All we need is 4.  There are more than 4 already, I think.

vernic82

Count me in for part of the day Saturday ..:..
Quote from: crak on July 09, 2010, 03:27:22 AM
All we need is 4.  There are more than 4 already, I think.
"To be ignorant of what occurred before you were born is to remain always a child. For what is the worth of human life, unless it is woven into the life of our ancestors by the records of history?"
― Marcus Tullius Cicero

"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
~ Harlan Ellison

"Yeah well, that's just, ya know, like, your opinion, man."
- The Dude

crak

Dude, I think the group on that square is the same pattern as the splotch on Gorbechav's melon.

Very artistic!

lupis42

I can only make Sunday, but I'll be there.
You can never be too rich, too good looking, or too well armed.

MrBB

I am hoping to score 210 this weekend up in NH so I can get in on the instructor training. If I can I will be there for both days!  O0

MrBB

Nailed it today and I have a patch in my hands! I will be at the IBC for sure. O0

lupis42

Quote from: MrBB on July 31, 2010, 08:15:04 PM
Nailed it today and I have a patch in my hands! I will be at the IBC for sure. O0

Congrats! 
You can never be too rich, too good looking, or too well armed.

davidgw1

Planning to be there too.  Both days this time!  Davidgw1

crak

Nice!  Make sure you guys prereg, as it has a very direct effect on how many instructors I drag in to teach.  The ratios can turn the day from awesome to grueling.

dwarven1

We will start at 9:00 AM.

Meet at the Harvard Sportsman's Club clubhouse. (Crak will be along when he wakes up.  &))

If the gate isn't open when you get there, just wait a few minutes; we'll post someone there with a keycard to open up for attendees.
Unhappy it is ... to reflect that a brother's sword has been sheathed in a brother's breast, and that the once happy and peaceful plains of America are either to be drenched with blood or inhabited by slaves. Sad alternative! But can a virtuous man hesitate in his choice?

GEORGE WASHINGTON

The Old Guide

Outstanding IBC by Crak & crew. It was a long day both days and we're soaking it all up. Last time I was at Concord was about 60 years ago and I went under the bridge in a canoe with my father. This time I drew some water from the down stream side to bring back to Maine and some to Bennington next weekend.

Today is our 46th wedding anniversary and this is how we spent it; on the Appleseed Trail.
Our history is not a list of dates and places. It is a dynamic adventure of freedom and individual courage.

Crak's IBC, August 2010.
Fred's AIBC, April 2011
kDan's IBC, March 2012
Northeast SC Confab, Feb. 13