News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Anyone want to attend a Red Cross class on CPR and First Aid?

Started by dwarven1, July 08, 2010, 10:52:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dwarven1

It's recommended that all instructors know CPR and first aid - just in case.

I have a friend who's a Red Cross instructor and would be willing to conduct a special class for us.

We'd be holding it in Grafton, MA at the Masonic Temple; it would be about a full day, and would cost $100. Similar classes are close to double this price from what I've seen. You would get Red Cross certifications at the end of the class.

I'm leaning towards the last weekend in August (the one after the Harvard shoot for this but it's not definite.

So... who's interested? I need at least 4 other students (I'll be taking the class, too).
Unhappy it is ... to reflect that a brother's sword has been sheathed in a brother's breast, and that the once happy and peaceful plains of America are either to be drenched with blood or inhabited by slaves. Sad alternative! But can a virtuous man hesitate in his choice?

GEORGE WASHINGTON

TOMINCT

If it is after the last weekend I'd be interested. Ct. has an AS in Chaplin the 28-9th.
crak's battle road IBC 10-09
Ramseur 2-12!
ninsho's battle road IBC 6-13

mike93lx

MetalgodZ

IIRC, it used to be for longer - 2 years? - but mine is lapsed by close to a decade. Current info I see says that a currently valid cert will still let you challenge the test to renew, but they've supposedly changed the info drastically.

Current info says 1 year for CPR, and 3 years for first aid.

lupis42

I'd be interested, schedule permitting.  The last Sun. in Aug, I'll hopefully be shooting a CMP clinic, (and doing some 7th stepping), but don't hold it up on my account.
You can never be too rich, too good looking, or too well armed.

dwarven1

OK, since the last weekend in August seems to be iffy, would one of the days during the Labor Day weekend work - maybe Saturday?
Unhappy it is ... to reflect that a brother's sword has been sheathed in a brother's breast, and that the once happy and peaceful plains of America are either to be drenched with blood or inhabited by slaves. Sad alternative! But can a virtuous man hesitate in his choice?

GEORGE WASHINGTON

luv2Bfree

"A thunderbolt falls on an inch of ground, but the light of it fills the horizon" - Ralph Waldo Emerson

dwarven1

But it doesn't work for the instructor.

Does 9/11 work for folks, or are you all planning on hitting Jericho?

GEORGE WASHINGTON

lupis42

You can never be too rich, too good looking, or too well armed.

mike93lx

I can't make it to Jericho, but I'll be tied up with a Hunter Safety Course all day on 9/11.