News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Crossroads of the West Gun Show--7/24-25/10--Reno

Started by gglovesguns, June 30, 2010, 02:13:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gglovesguns

Hi All~

The July Crossroads of the West Gun Show is coming up. Do we have any plans to staff a table at the show?

I stopped by an Appleseed table at a Crossroads Gun Show earlier this year. I already wanted to go to a shoot, but I was able to pick up some reading to get me ready and to introduce my SO to some Appleseed literature as well. I'd like to put in some time at a table this July to pay it forward for what I've learned from the Appleseed program.

Let me know what the plans are!

bob 210

OK, how about Nevada folks? This is the Reno Gun Show! I'm sure I can get a table donated to Appleseed, but we need to have volunteers. This would be a great venue to promote Appleseed as we get more Nevada and NorCal events on line. So, who's gonna step up? Even if you can only help for part of the day, this allows other to get a lunch break, so come on out and give a hand. Please post here if you are available for Saturday or Sunday and for what part of the day.
If ye love wealth better than liberty,the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom,go home from us.We ask not your counsels or arms.Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you.May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen. SA

V

Not sure that's correct. The Big Reno Gun Show is here http://www.bigrenoshow.com/ on August 13-15. I got  a free table for that back in April and Desertrat144, Antibubba and others manned up that one. I got a new flyer on that in the mail this week. Anyone want to go with that go straight ahead, having got in once it should be easy to get in again.

The Crossroads of the West show in July is something else.... as bob says, anyone want to run with it?

desertrat144

I may be able to help- the move is drawing near so things are kind of 'goosey'.  I have several rifles (not AS suitable) to liquidate yet; the Crossroads show has always been a good venue for me.  Note the difference in table fees between the two, that will give a decent 'mindset' of the attendees.

Tom

"Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond it's limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves." - President Ronald Wilson Reagan

gglovesguns

Quote from: V on June 30, 2010, 02:55:56 PM
Not sure that's correct. The Big Reno Gun Show is here http://www.bigrenoshow.com/ on August 13-15. I got  a free table for that back in April and Desertrat144, Antibubba and others manned up that one. I got a new flyer on that in the mail this week. Anyone want to go with that go straight ahead, having got in once it should be easy to get in again.

The Crossroads of the West show in July is something else.... as bob says, anyone want to run with it?

You're correct that the Big Reno Gun Show and Crossroads are two different shows. I'm interested in the Crossroads Show table-space right now since it's coming up sooner. What language did you use in your contacts with the Big Reno Show? I can use some guidelines in contacting the Crossroads Show.

desertrat144

I'm going to contact the Cross Roads folks tomorrow to see about getting a table inside the show as vendor.  Should this go as planned, Appleseed is more tthan welcome to set up shop at the table; if I have to leave early, AS will have exclusive use of the table.

Tom
"Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond it's limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves." - President Ronald Wilson Reagan

gglovesguns

Quote from: desertrat144 on July 01, 2010, 12:57:15 AM
I'm going to contact the Cross Roads folks tomorrow to see about getting a table inside the show as vendor.  Should this go as planned, Appleseed is more tthan welcome to set up shop at the table; if I have to leave early, AS will have exclusive use of the table.

Tom

Thanks Desertrat!

desertrat144

OK everyone interested in this show- I bought a table which comes with one additional show pass.  I guess that a list of folks for that weekend should be started, so we can get discounted ticket as needed..  BTW, as we will be inside the show, we are free to sell things.  

I'll be selling some rifles, and anyone doing the table that weekend can too; just use common sense as BATFE will be snoopin' around.  

The order of the day is no interviews or discussion other than the Appleseed program.  The Sharon Angle re-election group will have a booth there, and its rumored she will be there, too!  They have worked out ways to make it appear that a group endorses her when they don't- it's been done on at least two occasions, so watch your 6.  Some bonehead politician (NY) has tried to link NV gun shows with illegal guns traveling from Fla. to NY.  Yeah, go figure!  With McDonald v. Chicago just being settled, it's a pretty safe bet that 'reporters' will be snooping about too.

SOM, SOM, SOM- no victory laps!

Tom

desertrat144

Okay, Appleseed has a table at the Cross Roads Show, we can sell if so inclined, now I need to see who's going to be there too.  Post here or PM me.

Thanks,
Tom

desertrat144

OK folks, we are 10 5 days out from the show with one possible MAY BE ABLE TO DO IT.  If I'm going to do this by myself, I'll need some literature, Red Coat Targets & AQTs to pass out.  The Red Coat Targets & AQTs worked well at the Big Reno Show, should work here.  

Any other folks going to make it?   see #6 below, too.

Tom

gglovesguns

Quote from: desertrat144 on July 14, 2010, 12:58:37 PM
OK folks, we are 10 5 days out from the show with one possible MAY BE ABLE TO DO IT.  If I'm going to do this by myself, I'll need some literature, Red Coat Targets & AQTs to pass out.  The Red Coat Targets & AQTs worked well at the Big Reno Show, should work here.  

Any other folks going to make it?   see #6 below, too.

Tom

Sorry for the late reply. Life has been CRAZY lately.

I can come help at the table with you tomorrow from 12-4. Where do I go to find you? I too will need literature, Red Coat Targets and AQTs to pass out. Did you get a hold of any?

desertrat144

QuoteSorry for the late reply. Life has been CRAZY lately.

I can come help at the table with you tomorrow from 12-4. Where do I go to find you? I too will need literature, Red Coat Targets and AQTs to pass out. Did you get a hold of any?

It's Sunday, post show, and I'm just now checking the thread, and found the offer to assist.  Thank you! even if its after the fact.  If you can hook up with anyone doing the Big Reno Show please do.

I did some some talking about Appleseed on a limited basis, as the Cross Roads was loaded with political action types.  It's election time, so no one is safe!  :wb:  From what I saw groups are trying to 'do something' but not sure what they are doing; they're reacting for the sake of reacting.  At least they're off the couch and at large in public.  They mean well but are locked in a group think or pack mentality, so any types of questioning or reasoning can start to get ugly quickly.  I sure the Big Reno Show will be a real test of everyone- the more internal support Appleseed can muster up and have present will be a great help.

Tom

gglovesguns

Hey desertrat,

Thanks for taking over when we all, me included, left you there on your own!! Life had some interesting times for me this past month. I hope things are starting to calm down. I just wanted to tell you how much I appreciate your help. It's too bad you're moving away. When's your last day in Nevada?

Thanks again~
GG

desertrat144

Quote from: gglovesguns on July 26, 2010, 10:01:35 PM
Hey desertrat,
Thanks for taking over when we all, me included, left you there on your own!! Life had some interesting times for me this past month. I hope things are starting to calm down. I just wanted to tell you how much I appreciate your help. It's too bad you're moving away. When's your last day in Nevada?

Thanks again~
GG

No probs especially give your pre-show experiences.  BTW, congrats on getting engaged, I've been sentaced err, hitched for almost 40 years now, and still no word from Probation & Parole!  ;D

Due to some NY Real Estate issues I'll be in the Land of the Free until at least quarter after Spring.

GG, your thoughts and consideration is appreciated!  And with the round trip distances involved- WOW!  I was a bit disappointed with the abundant lack of interest v. what was expressed going in.  The Big Reno Show is nice, but we aren't on the shows exhibit floor, so there is a kind of filter there for interest. 

In the long run, as long as Appleseed is represented at all NV Gun Shows equally, we will continue to grow.

Something to capitalize on is Ca's regulated ammo purchase quantities now allowed.  Gun Control is easy when you don't have ammo.

Tom

Jet Set

Good point.  Reno and Vegas gun shows will probably become a great place to advertise California Appleseeds.

Quote from: desertrat144 on July 28, 2010, 12:27:04 AM
Quote from: gglovesguns on July 26, 2010, 10:01:35 PM
Hey desertrat,

Thanks again~
GG

Something to capitalize on is Ca's regulated ammo purchase quantities now allowed.  Gun Control is easy when you don't have ammo.

Tom

desertrat144

Hey, life happens!  There will be other shows and times, all we have to do is survive the  November Madness, oops- Elections.  ++)

QuoteWhen's your last day in Nevada?
I've been paroled until half past Spring for now. ;D

Tom