News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Call the radio shows it was easier than I thought!

Started by caseyblane, June 29, 2010, 03:48:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

caseyblane

I got on the local show, We The People, between Beck and Mark Levin. I don't know how many listeners there were but it was the drive time so I figured there were some. I got to talk for a minute or two and think I got the point across. They asked a few questions and were kind enough to let me give out the website!
"Boy, there are Do'ers, Thinkers, and Wonderers, be a Do'er!" My Grandfather.

PHenry

U R the Man!

Thanks so much for stepping up to be Florida's Promo Boss - I knew you'd rule!

Huzzah!
Huzzah!
Huzzah!
Para ser Libre, un Hombre debe tener tres cosas. La Tierra, una Educacion, y un Fusil. Siempre, un Fusil!  Emiliano Zapata

Aromatic

SamD

Good Job caseyblane.
Stay on 'em
Who is the host on that show now?
Sam

techres

Quote from: caseyblane on June 29, 2010, 03:48:56 PM
I got on the local show, We The People, between Beck and Mark Levin. I don't know how many listeners there were but it was the drive time so I figured there were some. I got to talk for a minute or two and think I got the point across. They asked a few questions and were kind enough to let me give out the website!

Can you call into the Rifleman's Radio Show tonight and tell Scout (& the listeners) about your experience?

I am sure we'd all love to hear more about it!  O0
Appleseed: Bringing the Past into the Present to save our Future.

SamD

caseyblane

Here is the show:
http://wethepeopleonevoice.com/

Usually I am putting kids to bed or something during the Rifleman Radio Show and podcast it. If I am around I'll give a call. I'd love to encourage other to do the same.
Thanks,
Casey

PHenry

What caseyblane he is doing is not a national effort - it's "local motion" and is something that EVERY state needs to be doing!
Para ser Libre, un Hombre debe tener tres cosas. La Tierra, una Educacion, y un Fusil. Siempre, un Fusil!  Emiliano Zapata

Fred

Quote from: PHenry on June 29, 2010, 05:32:17 PM
What caseyblane he is doing is not a national effort - it's "local motion" and is something that EVERY state needs to be doing!

Not sure what this means, but I have been pushing people to do this for some time...reach hundreds or thousands of people with one phone call...but we'd like to have a good impression made, so perhaps some practice in what you want to say, before calling?
"Ready to eat dirt and sweat bore solvent?" - Ask me how to become an RWVA volunteer!

"...but he that stands it now, deserves the thanks of man and woman alike..."   Paine

"If you can read this without a silly British accent, thank a Revolutionary War veteran" - Anon.

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again" - Thomas Paine

What about it, do-nothings? You heard the man, jump on in...

PHenry

Fred,
What I mean is that calling into a local radio show is something that every state should be doing, by way of a stellar "Promotions Boss" like our own caseyblane. He's a smooth talker and a man who can think on his feet.  O0

He also makes the best dang 5 gallon bucket lemonade known to humans, but that's another story and yet another talent.  ..:..

Correct me if I am in error, but it would seem that the more good people we git on local talk shows - the more we could git the word out. No?

caseyblane

Quotebut we'd like to have a good impression made, so perhaps some practice in what you want to say, before calling?

I did it on a whim, I had thought about it for awhile but had been nervous. I was sitting in traffic and decided to make the call. Next time I would make myself an outline/checklist of what I wanted to say. But, I think you have to mold your message to their show. I wouldn't want someone calling my show just to plug "their thing." We have to smoothly express how this is important to everyone without just sounding like an advertisement. This is a Faith and Politics talk show. They had just interviewed a congressional candidate who had spoken about his campaign, his christian testimony, and that he was running because he wanted to be able to tell his grandchildren he had done everything he could to save his country.

So, I got on and referenced the candidate's desire to save his country. Talked a little about Samuel Adams' faith and that he was a man who made a difference and then introduced AS. They were interested, asked a few questions and cleared up that it was not just a youth program. I got in that AS is non-profit and grassroots, about waking people up, making a difference, free for kids, ladies, and military, and that it is for everyone, from 8-80. I told them that we tell the story of April 19, 1775, why its called AS, and that we draw folks to the events with top notch marksmanship instruction. I got to announce we were having a local event in two weeks and gave out the national website. I explained to them that I was just a regular guy who wanted to save my country.

The shows get archived and in a week I should be able to listen and see if I sounded professional or like a yahoo. I think it went pretty good though. It is only a local show, but somebody already told me that they heard me on, so folks are listening. And its the local folks who want at our event anyways. The point of my post, is that it was a lot easier to get on than I expected and I hope others will be encouraged to try themselves.

Fred

Another point of the post is that, sitting in your car otherwise wasting time, you were able to tell hundreds of people about AS.

Good job! O0 O0

Wonder if anyone here can learn by your example? :sos:
"Ready to eat dirt and sweat bore solvent?" - Ask me how to become an RWVA volunteer!

"...but he that stands it now, deserves the thanks of man and woman alike..."   Paine

"If you can read this without a silly British accent, thank a Revolutionary War veteran" - Anon.

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again" - Thomas Paine

What about it, do-nothings? You heard the man, jump on in...