News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

June AS Shoot - Eureka

Started by 4bfox, June 29, 2010, 12:26:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

4bfox

Link to AAR here:

http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=14676.0

Great bunch of shooters....2 new Riflemen, several more VERY close...boy, that pool felt GREAT on Saturday!
"A liberal is someone who feels a great debt to his fellow man, which debt he proposes to pay off with your money" G. Gordon Liddy

Eureka, KS RBC 05-11
Eureka, KS RBC 07-10

dalesp

My daughter and I had a great time.  She liked it a lot more than she thought she would.

A fine location and a great group of Appleseeders!

"There are three reasons to own a gun: To protect yourself and your family, to hunt dangerous and delicious animals and to keep the King of England out of your face."
                          ~ Herschel Shmoikel Pinchas Yerucham Krustofski (Krusty the Clown)

dalesp

Here's the rest . . .

"There are three reasons to own a gun: To protect yourself and your family, to hunt dangerous and delicious animals and to keep the King of England out of your face."
                          ~ Herschel Shmoikel Pinchas Yerucham Krustofski (Krusty the Clown)

4bfox

Dale....was that you're daughter's first AS? She shot like an old pro...I was impressed! Great to have both of you here, don't be strangers..

See you at Oxford in Sept, maybe?
"A liberal is someone who feels a great debt to his fellow man, which debt he proposes to pay off with your money" G. Gordon Liddy

Eureka, KS RBC 05-11
Eureka, KS RBC 07-10

gpbbiker

Dale:
I concur with Mr. Fox! I would have never guessed it was her 1st appleseed!!
I was with Brian, his Mom and his Boy Scouts when he presented the Youth Patch to the Red Headed Kid at the end of the line. I wish now that I had worked with him and learned his name. He was delighted to receive it and we made sure his buddies knew that one of the reasons he received it, and NOT them, was he stayed and shot on that HOT line, when the rest went swimming. I don't know if you guys noticed, but when we were closing up this same young man was walking down the line filling up drinking cups with brass. He asked me if I had any more as he had already filled several. I gave him our red coffee can which was about 1/3 full, and I think he filled that! Why was he picking up brass when his buddies were listening to music in an air conditioned car? The recyclers would pay him good money for that brass is what he told me.
Watching him diligently pick .22 brass out of the grass reminded me of another fair haired kid over 40 years ago. He too would walk the gravel and dirt rural roads of southern Nebraska looking for Soda bottles to trade in for cash. Cash that was sorely needed at the end of June if one was going to be able to buy any 4th of July fireworks to shoot off once the wheat was cut. I hope we get him back cuz I'll bet money that he is a Rifleman in the making.
"Never pick a fight with an old man, if he's too old to fight, he'll simply kill you."
Loosely attributed to both Ernest Hemmingway and John Steinbeck
"Life is nothing more than the pursuit of stories worth telling to children" - Me

4bfox

You're right Dale....I meant to thank the lad for helping us out, but got sidetracked doing something else. He really enjoyed the shooting, and like you say...hopefully he'll be back.

Eureka, KS RBC 05-11
Eureka, KS RBC 07-10

ksuguy

That was Randy, he really had a good time shooting.   I was surprised how well he did for being right handed and left eye dominant.  Maybe if he comes out again, we can have him try shooting with the sling instead of off the rest.   I didn't want to throw too much at him since he had never been shooting before Sunday. 

As for the others, it would have been nice to get them shooting more, but I guess the lure of the swimming pool was too much.