News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Utah Riflemen

Started by bob 210, June 28, 2010, 02:46:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bob 210

If you have shoot a rifleman score in Utah, please post here with your forum name and date of score.

?                          (Nephi April 18-19)               2009
?                          (Nephi April 18-19)
?                          (Cedar City May 17-18)
Chris                     (Cedar City May 2-3)
?                          (Kaysville Sept 19-20)
Rifleman2000          (Kaysville Sept 19-20)  IIT
Two-of-Three         (UCSO Oct ?)             IIT     
Chris H.                 (Cedar City Feb 27-28)          2010
Fred B.                  (Cedar City Feb 27-28)
manu forti              (Kaysville April 23-24)   IIT
McKade                 (Kaysville April 23-24)
Lady                     (Kaysville June 26-27)
Sharpeyedfirechild   (Kaysville June 26-27)
jameson                (Cedar City July 31-Aug 1)
Buzz                     (Kaysville Sept 17-18)
Steve                   (Cedar City Sept 25-26)
Jesse                    (Kaysville March 25-26)
Alex                      (Kaysville March 25-26)
Jay                        (Kaysville March 25-26)
Brandon                (Kaysville March 25-26)

Total     20
If ye love wealth better than liberty,the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom,go home from us.We ask not your counsels or arms.Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you.May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen. SA

Two-of-Three

Two-of-Three    ??-Oct-09 (UCSO Range)
... one bullet at a time.

manu forti

Just registered today with Appleseed and can now report.

Bruce                    (Kaysville April 23-24)

I shot a 211 in April ....just barely made it. 
This weekend I shot a 226 with my 1022 and a 216 with the M14.
I can't tell you how proud I am that I scored Rifleman with the major caliber.
Had a great time there with my son who shot a 205....just under rifleman.
We'll be going again to get his score higher in Sept.

So glad I joined up.

Two-of-Three

Oh excellent, Bruce; well done!

Tell your son, Rob, to hang in there; a Rifleman perseveres.  I noticed both of your groups tighten up and your scores ratchet up when you concentrated on those dancing trigger fingers. :)  A little more range time between now and Sept. and he'll have that Rifleman score for sure.

Well done!  See you in September.

Two-of-Three (Trent)

Quote from: manu forti on July 18, 2010, 10:47:43 PM
Just registered today with Appleseed and can now report.

Bruce                    (Kaysville April 23-24)

I shot a 211 in April ....just barely made it. 
This weekend I shot a 226 with my 1022 and a 216 with the M14.
I can't tell you how proud I am that I scored Rifleman with the major caliber.
Had a great time there with my son who shot a 205....just under rifleman.
We'll be going again to get his score higher in Sept.

So glad I joined up.

jameson

I'm not from Utah but I just shot a Rifleman score (217) at the shoot in Cedar City over the weekend. This was actually my first Appleseed shoot so I didn't really think shooting Rifleman was likely to happen.

What a great experience, compliments to Phil (V) and his helpers Fred and Chris for putting on a great event!

sharpeyedfirechild

Sharpeyedfirechild (Kaysville June 26-27)
Daughter of RangeRat and SniperCat, Sister of TrebleShooter and Persistent_1

V

Hey Utah,

Where are all our Rifleman Patch wearers?

Get all your friends, co-workers, family out to experience what you did at your Appleseed.

Wanna know a secret? Want to know how to attend Appleseeds for free for the rest of your life? If you have the patch, simply attend another Appleseed and we'll give you an Orange Hat and start you on the trail of being an Instructor... you won't get to shoot but attendance is free! And the feeling you got on getting your patch isn't a patch on what it feels like to hand 'em out.

C'mon folks, lets have a least one weekend where we can just celebrate the Heritage and have Fun!

Cheers
Phil

Btaylor73

Just attended my first appleseed and had much more fun than expected.  I was able to even get my patch (223).  Thanks Phil, Dave and all others that helped.  You can count me in for next June for sure and I am bringing  4 others that couldn't make it this go around.  I am now motivated to get some books on the revolutionary war and start learning more about it.  Thanks again.

Two-of-Three

Quote from: Btaylor73 on March 26, 2011, 09:05:29 PM
Just attended my first appleseed and had much more fun than expected.  I was able to even get my patch (223).  Thanks Phil, Dave and all others that helped.  You can count me in for next June for sure and I am bringing  4 others that couldn't make it this go around.  I am now motivated to get some books on the revolutionary war and start learning more about it.  Thanks again.

Glad to have helped, and really glad you earned your patch.  "A Rifleman perseveres" -- through cold, misfires, and failures to feed -- all of which you did!

Hang on to those targets!  They're worth being proud of.  You can use them for advertising with friends and coworkers, too; show 'em your two Red Coats from today, or your first AQT and the "Expert Rifleman" AQT you shot later.

See you in June, and congrats, again!

-Two-of-Three (aka Trent)

P.S. "No deathgrip!"  Hmm ... that actually would be a cool screen-name for someone ... ;)

TuckerUT

Also attended my first Appleseed today along with my 12 yo son in Kaysville, UT we had a great time and I was able to get my rifleman patch as well.  Thanks again to all those that took the time to volunteer and make it such a fun and educational shoot for us.   

Jay
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." -Edmund Burke

V

After Action report is over here.

See y'all again in June.

Cheers
V

SLING UP

Thanks again to all the instructors, it was fun!  Hope to bring a bunch of Rifleman candidates in June, I've already got 3 people itching to go.~~:)

Jesse

V

Quote from: SLING UP on March 30, 2011, 04:31:24 PM
Thanks again to all the instructors, it was fun!  Hope to bring a bunch of Rifleman candidates in June, I've already got 3 people itching to go.~~:)

Jesse
I'm must be getting too old for this, I'm trying to think who can SlingUp be and tis right there.... Welcome Jesse and congratulations on the score and way to go on seventh stepping.

Cheers
Phil

Btaylor73

Yeah Trent, It was either "no death grip" or "don't drag wood"!!!!

snake925

Hello. I don't know the Appleseed community yet, but I am associate of BTaylor73. I have studied Fred's Guide and he speaks of forming a Group for support and Rifleman training. When and where do Northern Rifleman hold regular meetings?  S925

The Grand Baboon

I qualified on April 21, 2012. My forum handle can be found about an inch to the left, directly above the picture of the strange fellow with the spatula.
"Screw the animals! They had just as long to evolve and invent rifles, but they didn't...we win!"

Two-of-Three

Quote from: The Grand Baboon on April 22, 2012, 01:46:27 AM
I qualified on April 21, 2012. ... strange fellow with the spatula.

Congrats, Baboon!  (BTW, we never expected to see a Rifleman practicing spatulamancy. ;) )

Small family crisis kept me from coming, but hope to see you spreading the good word in June!

--
2of3 (Trent)

One-of-Three

One-of-Three  Same time at Two-of-Three at the USCO Range.     It's amazing to see what has happened over the last year and a half.   Being caught up in work and my volunteer service I haven't had much time to spare  but things should be different for a while and I may actually be able to get to an appleseed or two this year.   Here's to it...

One-of-Three

Quote from: Two-of-Three on June 28, 2010, 06:33:40 PM
Two-of-Three    ??-Oct-09 (UCSO Range)

sharpeyedfirechild

Jason
3/16/13 @ Kaysville shoot
213 (with harsh sefc grading too :P)

..:..

-Chels
sharpeyedfirechild

Wampthing

I shot a 229 yesterday.

sharpeyedfirechild

Dave (see above) 229 @ March 23, Kaysville, UT
Brian 212 @ March 23, Kaysville, UT

O0

Rocca1

Thanks to Buzz, Sharpeyedfirechild, Chan, Brian, Mike, Brian for the great weekend of shooting,. It was great to get to know everyone. looking forward to next weekend for the centerfire shoot. Instruction was great. I learned a lot. now I just need to practice... as soon as ammo becomes available again.  :(

April 19th- 2013
we only shot 2 qualifiers the 1st day
1st try -  score 170
2nd try - score 214

April 20th - 2013
we shot 7 qualifiers
scores were 171, 214, 216, 205, 229, 221, 232 

Pictures in the following post.

shooting a savage TR bolt action. scoped.

perfect score on the 400yard 4th stage on 3 of the 7 qualifiers. Close on all the others except the very 1st one.

Rocca1

My targets from April 19th - 20th

The second pic with the 5 shot hole is VERY close to if not as small as the best 5 shot group ive ever shot with a .22lr using a bipod. The group wasnt timed and I had plenty of time to make sure I was doing EVERYTHING right.  I never would have thought I could shoot a group like that in prone field position. And without instruction from Buzz and the gang I never could have.
Thanks!

asbellsc

Had a great time with Buzz and crew at the June 21-22 Appleseed shoot in Springville. This was my first Appleseed shoot and it was very educational. We all came away better riflemen/women, and more appreciative of our Revolutionary forefathers. Buzz was so good I made Rifleman on my first try (233).

Shabadoo

Performing some forum necromancy to show that Utah Riflemen are alive and well!

Finally earned my Rifleman patch!

Shabadoo - Kaysvile, UT - June 17-18, 2022