News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Wisconsin has a new Red Hat !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Started by dragonfly, June 28, 2010, 01:10:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dragonfly

Well earned and well deserved  O0  martin  8)  ..:.. :~ :~ :~ :~ :~ :~ :~ :~ :~ :~ :~ :~ :~ :~ :~ :~ :~ :~ :~ :~

Now get back to work  ~~:)

D-fly
www.facebook.com/WIAppleseed

K.I.S.S.
Lead, Follow or Get out of the way - Thomas Paine
Did you talk to someone new about APPLESEED today ?
The United States Constitution.

Blue Five

Congratulations Martin!  It was awesome to see you get your red hat!   ^:)^
"Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here!" ~Captain John Parker, April 19, 1775.

Molōn labe! :--- 

AFTERMATH

Quote from: dragonfly on June 28, 2010, 01:10:28 AM
Well earned and well deserved  O0  martin  8)  ..:.. :~ :~ :~ :~ :~ :~ :~ :~ :~ :~ :~ :~ :~ :~ :~ :~ :~ :~ :~ :~

Now get back to work  ~~:)

D-fly

Well, it's about time! ;)

Congratulations Martin!
Minnesota greatly appreciates another Red Hat!
"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

"Tyrants rise and fall, but tyranny lasts forever." -Me

[What kind of megalomaniac quotes himself?]

vmt193

Martin

You're welcome on this side of 'the creek' anytime. Congrats!

vmt193

Deacon

Congratulations Martin!!! O0

I wish I was there, but Appleseed duty called me to Bristol to keep an eye on our Illinois brothers and sisters to make sure they didn't get any ideas...

Now in the words of D-Fly..............get back to work! ;D

Deacon

Old Glory!

Joanne (Martin's wife) and I were sitting on the picnic bench next to each other when Colycat started talking about how Riflemen become Appleseed Instructors; levels of IIT's, full Instructors, etc. 

Then he began to relate one dedicated WI IIT amongst the ranks who has traveled far and wide to an RBC and IBC, worked Appleseeds here and there, and has done an outstanding job presenting history and so on. 

I glanced at Joanne and she looked at me, in questioning awe.  I nodded my head, and tears of joy filled her eyes - for she, more than anyone, knows how much Appleseed and it's mission means to Martin.   

Then Coly presented Martin with the Red Hat that he has earned and grown into. 

Joanne was able to be present when Martin received his earned Full Instructor Red Hat because she chooses to Appleseed with her husband, either shooting or helping out.  :bow:  It doesn't always work out this way, and that's okay, but when it does, it is a beautiful thing.

It was one of those Appleseed moments to treasure, and I feel blessed to have witnessed it.

Congratulations Martin!  O0 As they all say...now get to work!   ~~:)

"My primary objective is to change hearts and minds, for that is where the gaping hole in the hull of the USS America lies. I am looking to make a spark and praying that it will ignite, by their own will, into a bonfire in their hearts and souls."  PHenry

"Folks, this Appleseed thing doesn't work if we get a patch and go home. It doesn't work if we shoot a Rifleman score and remember the good times we had out on the range. It only works if we take that 7th Step and spread the 'seed. HUZZAH!!!"  Slim 

April 18-19, 2009  "The seeds of rifle marksmanship were sown in good ground.  In the end, then, every attendee walked away as an instructor for their friends, family, coworkers.  May you tend your patch in Liberty's garden well and through a long life."  Francis Marion

vmt193

HOLY COW! With that grin, he looks like he's running for office.  ;D

vmt

Sven

Martin, 

Let me add my voice to the congratulations out there.  Red looks good on you.  ;)  Hope to see you on this side of the river more often.  Elk River in July? 

Sven
"I was spotting one day and M2 was hitting baseball sized dirt clods at 300yds away. DON'T F/K with an old man with a Garand... " RED DAWN

colycat

"These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives everything its value."   T Paine

colycat

"These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives everything its value."   T Paine

JoeZ

"What is she, that cometh forth as the morning rising, fair as the Moon, elect as the sun, terrible as the army of a camp set in array?" Canticle of Canticles 6:9

martin

wow
   Thank you to each of you. This is a great program and it's truly been an honor to work with each of you in it.     Please don't stop giving advise because I still have alot to learn.

And we have alot to do.
   Let's get to work.
   Martin

Now I'm going to put my head in a bucket of ice water and see if the swelling will go down. 
Martin

Now the Lord is that Spirit:and where the Spirit of the Lord is,there is liberty. 2Corinthians 3:17

Seek the Truth

"We in America do not have a government by the majority-we have a government by the majority who participate....All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent"
-Thomas Jefferson

Robbvious

...in the event of Great Britain attempting to force unjust laws upon us by the strength of arms, our cause we leave to Heaven and our rifles. - Hanover Association, Lancaster County, PA 1774

browningman

Congratulations Martin!!!  ..:.. ..:.. ..:.. ..:.. ..:.. ..:.. ..:.. ..:.. ..:.. ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ :D :D

It was great to have you and Joanne at the range this weekend.

Now as a couple people said above.. i'm getting back to work  :wb: :wb: :wall: :wall: :wb: ~~:)

browningman
Each man must for himself alone decide what is right and what is wrong, which course is patriotic and which isn't. You cannot shirk this and be a man. To decide against your conviction is to be an unqualified and excusable traitor, both to yourself and to your country, let men label you as they may.

Taylor

Honoring the memory of Adonijah Taylor (1730-1810) my Grandfather seven generations back, Deerfield MA Militiaman and Patriot, who answered the alarm on April 19, 1775 and along with his six sons served in the War of the Revolution.

"What good fortune for governments that the people do not think." - Adolf Hitler

"All political power comes from the barrel of a gun. The communist party must command all the guns, that way, no guns can ever be used to command the party." - Mao Tse Tung

"Those bold enough to believe that they can change the world, are usually those which do."
-Albert Einstein

"Let Freedom never perish in your hands."
-Joseph Addison

Whisker

What brings together men liberated from local and national limitations is also what keeps them apart. What pushes for greater rationality is also what nourishes the irrationality of hierarchical exploitation and repression.  What creates society's abstract power also creates its concrete unfreedom.

sparks1

I'm not surprised at the Red Hat. After being at Bowler with Martin, I could see the dedication he has to Appleseed.

Well done and deserving ,Martin.
Integrity is easier to keep, than to regain.

The Truth is that teamwork is at the heart of great accomplishment. 
(John Maxwell)

gmw

Congratulations, Martin!  Woo-hoo!

I was there (my first full Appleseed) to witness the anointing.  I hope to receive more expert instruction from you in a future shoot!  ;)

Also thanks to colycat and Old Glory.  I didn't make rifleman, but I'll keep (start?) practicing!  And with a .22 instead of my AR....

George63

now I can feel like more of a slacker for hanging out at IIT3

AZOpie

Congrats Martin!   ..:..

George63 -

Sometimes it can feel like a marathon, but wait till you get your second wind (starting to get mine) - you know, when the edorphines kick in and you just keep moving forward without paying attention to that which slows you down? There is nothing like the feeling of finishing the race, and this will be a long one - but well worth the effort.

AZO

EEL

ANOTHER RED HAT!! ??  #)  Sheesh!  Just when you thought Wisconsin couldn't possibly pull out another one....BANG! 

Congrats to you Martin!

EEL
Do not fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have war......Let it start here.

Johnnyappleseed

Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.
Calvin Coolidge