News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

La Crosse, WI June 26-27, 2010

Started by colycat, June 25, 2010, 11:55:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

professor gun

Yes, I am very lucky.

As we make further modifications to our Ruger 10/22s to turn them into Liberty Training Rifles I am looking for better open sights.  For this Appleseed I put on Williams peep sights on mine and those used by my sons, but the front sight is a fiberoptic and is just too large to reliably hit the reduced 300 and 400 yard targets on the 25 m AQT.  Suggestions on a different sight?

We will be fixing the bolt releases and the magazine releases so they are more user friendly.

Are there other things that would be a good idea?
Honoring my ancestor, Seth Hall, of the Massachusetts Militia for his sacrifices during our American Revolution that helped to provide freedom for all Americans.

Mogget

Lots of folks use and like Tech-Sights:

http://www.tech-sights.com/

I know it's what I use.

Mogs

Blue Five

Quote from: Mogget on June 28, 2010, 06:23:39 PM

I know it's what I use.

Mogs

Those look pretty nice.

Professor Gun, we should put those on mine and browningman's 10/22's...maybe vkf10/22's also  ;)

"Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here!" ~Captain John Parker, April 19, 1775.

Molōn labe! :--- 

professor gun

Quote from: Mogget on June 28, 2010, 06:23:39 PM

I know it's what I use.

Mogs

That is exactly what I was looking for.  I saw these in some of the photos I took of the firing line but didn't know who made them.  Thanks, Mogs!

And Blue 5, go ahead and try to take the scope off of your Mother's 10/22, let me know how it goes. &)
Honoring my ancestor, Seth Hall, of the Massachusetts Militia for his sacrifices during our American Revolution that helped to provide freedom for all Americans.

dragonfly

Quote from: Blue Five on June 28, 2010, 12:00:32 PM
Quote from: Old Glory! on June 28, 2010, 09:54:04 AM

Professor Gun and his family welcomed Appleseed to the LaCrosse Rifle Range and stayed the entire course; up and down, back and forth, inside and out.  What a GREAT Appleseed family!  Funny how you happen to find your forum names  ;) Blue 5.  

Yes, OG, very funny how I discovered my forum name   ;)

B5

What a GREAT AMERICAN FAMILY  8)

D-fly
www.facebook.com/WIAppleseed

K.I.S.S.
Lead, Follow or Get out of the way - Thomas Paine
Did you talk to someone new about APPLESEED today ?
The United States Constitution.

colycat

Quote from: dragonfly on June 28, 2010, 02:47:43 PM
[IMG]
Who's that cute guy in the green hat?   ^-^

Thats colycute  **) **) **) **) **) **)

Cease fire, D-Fly !@#)

[/quote]
"These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives everything its value."   T Paine

vmt193

Blue Five

Quote from: vmt193 on June 28, 2010, 07:37:43 PM
Blue Five

Here's the sight black I used on your rifle.

http://www.midwayusa.com/viewproduct/?productnumber=504999

vmt

I don't remember you putting that on my rifle...are you sure you didn't use it on my mom's rifle, Vonnie (vkf10/22)?  I'm Nathan  :P
"Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here!" ~Captain John Parker, April 19, 1775.

Blue Five

Quote from: dragonfly on June 28, 2010, 07:28:48 PM

Professor Gun and his family welcomed Appleseed to the LaCrosse Rifle Range and stayed the entire course; up and down, back and forth, inside and out.  What a GREAT Appleseed family!  Funny how you happen to find your forum names  ;) Blue 5.  

Thanks, we have a lot of fun with the shooting sport.  I'm the one in the green jacket with the AR-15.

B5

D-fly

Blue Five

Quote from: dragonfly on June 28, 2010, 07:28:48 PM

B5

D-fly

Sorry...messed up the previous post and can't edit it for some reason...

Thanks, we have a lot of fun with the shooting sport.  I'm the one in the green jacket with the AR-15.  8)

Vee Kay

Thanks to all the Appleseed instructors who came to La Crosse this past weekend.  I appreciate all your patience in helping me.  So many tools in the toolbox, can't wait to start practicing.......for the next Appleseed shoot!!!! 

Vonnie
Honoring the memory of my ancestor Elisha Simpson, private in the North Carolina Militia and veteran of the American Revolutionary War.

Old Glory!

The Appleseed Home Page has a GREAT new tool. www.appleseedinfo.org   Thanks to the website technical volunteers. ^:)^

Click on the RED BUTTON on the right that says "sign up now".  It will take you to a map of the country. 

Click on a State and you will get all the Appleseeds scheduled currently in that State, information pages, and registration links. O0

COMING UP:
NIAGRA, WI JULY 10-11
HINKLEY, MN JULY 27-28, 2010

Remember, Appleseeds are being added to the schedule weekly, so check often.  Vonnie, you are a determined student.  I know you will be practicing.   8)

"My primary objective is to change hearts and minds, for that is where the gaping hole in the hull of the USS America lies. I am looking to make a spark and praying that it will ignite, by their own will, into a bonfire in their hearts and souls."  PHenry

"Folks, this Appleseed thing doesn't work if we get a patch and go home. It doesn't work if we shoot a Rifleman score and remember the good times we had out on the range. It only works if we take that 7th Step and spread the 'seed. HUZZAH!!!"  Slim 

April 18-19, 2009  "The seeds of rifle marksmanship were sown in good ground.  In the end, then, every attendee walked away as an instructor for their friends, family, coworkers.  May you tend your patch in Liberty's garden well and through a long life."  Francis Marion

vmt193

Quote from: Blue Five on June 28, 2010, 07:57:15 PM
Blue Five

vmt

I don't remember you putting that on my rifle...are you sure you didn't use it on my mom's rifle, Vonnie (vkf10/22)?  I'm Nathan  :P

You are correct! It was Lucas. I just heard one of you talking about the B5 handle as I was cleaning up and never bothered to look. You two must sound somewhat alike. Please le him know.

vmt

vmt193

Quote from: Old Glory! on June 28, 2010, 11:26:25 PM
The Appleseed Home Page has a GREAT new tool. www.appleseedinfo.org   Thanks to the website technical volunteers. ^:)^

Click on the RED BUTTON on the right that says "sign up now".  It will take you to a map of the country. 

Click on a State and you will get all the Appleseeds scheduled currently in that State, information pages, and registration links. O0

COMING UP:
NIAGRA, WI JULY 10-11
HINKLEY, MN JULY 27-28, 2010

Remember, Appleseeds are being added to the schedule weekly, so check often.  Vonnie, you are a determined student.  I know you will be practicing.   8)

For you border jumpers: By sometime tomorrow I hope to have an August 21-22 AS confirmed for Rochester, MN also.

We need to get Michelle back on the line too.

vmt

Blue Five

Quote from: vmt193 on June 29, 2010, 12:07:29 AM
Quote from: Blue Five on June 28, 2010, 07:57:15 PM
Blue Five

vmt

You are correct! It was Lucas. I just heard one of you talking about the B5 handle as I was cleaning up and never bothered to look. You two must sound somewhat alike. Please le him know.

vmt

Will do.

He should be on here as browningman too.  I'll direct him to it.

B5

browningman

Thanks for the link mike! That stuff was a magic bullet  :P
And we will have to take you up on your offer to come down on a nice day sometime! i'll have to grill up some bbq hamburgers for that day to!  ..:.. ..:.. ..:.. ..:.. ..:.. ..:.. ..:.. ..:.. ..:.. ..:.. ..:.. ..:.. ..:.. ..:.. ..:.. ..:.. ..:.. ..:.. ..:.. ..:.. ..:.. ..:.. ..:.. ..:..

Thanks for all the help this weekend!  :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^
Each man must for himself alone decide what is right and what is wrong, which course is patriotic and which isn't. You cannot shirk this and be a man. To decide against your conviction is to be an unqualified and excusable traitor, both to yourself and to your country, let men label you as they may.

professor gun

Lucas does make some good venison burgers.

Blue Five

Or as I call them, Bambi Burgers  ^:)^

browningman

Each man must for himself alone decide what is right and what is wrong, which course is patriotic and which isn't. You cannot shirk this and be a man. To decide against your conviction is to be an unqualified and excusable traitor, both to yourself and to your country, let men label you as they may.

Old Glory!

Welcome to the forum Browningman!  That must be you, Lucas. 
"My primary objective is to change hearts and minds, for that is where the gaping hole in the hull of the USS America lies. I am looking to make a spark and praying that it will ignite, by their own will, into a bonfire in their hearts and souls."  PHenry

"Folks, this Appleseed thing doesn't work if we get a patch and go home. It doesn't work if we shoot a Rifleman score and remember the good times we had out on the range. It only works if we take that 7th Step and spread the 'seed. HUZZAH!!!"  Slim 

April 18-19, 2009  "The seeds of rifle marksmanship were sown in good ground.  In the end, then, every attendee walked away as an instructor for their friends, family, coworkers.  May you tend your patch in Liberty's garden well and through a long life."  Francis Marion

browningman

It is! Did you and Coly make it home alright?
Also, once i get my rifle up and running this week, 543 (my rifles name) and I will get to know each other really well. O0 O0 I see lots of one inch square in the prone position in my future...

Browningman (Lucas)

SavageShootr

Wow Great pictures!! Beautiful range.

Congratulations to all of the new Riflemen!!!

Colycute  **) **) **)

"Listen to everyone, read everything, and don't believe anything unless you can prove it."' B.C.
"It isn't like it is life or death...it is more important than that." MrPete

AFTERMATH

QuoteColycute   

That right there is responsible for about 300 of the views on this AAR.
"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

"Tyrants rise and fall, but tyranny lasts forever." -Me

[What kind of megalomaniac quotes himself?]

browningman

Quote from: AFTERMATH on June 29, 2010, 01:43:15 AM
QuoteColycute   

That right there is responsible for about 300 of the views on this AAR.

:)) :)) ;D ;D ;D ;D **)
I agree!!

Johnnyappleseed

Welcome aboard Blue5  O0
Glad to have you on the trail .
Semper Fidelis
JA
Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.
Calvin Coolidge

SLV

I had a great time on Saturday.  I'm sorry I wasn't able to return on Sunday.  About hitting 210 on the dot (barely)... I didn't have time to think about my score; I was too busy trying to rack my righty bolt-gun while shooting left-handed!  Only got off 8 rounds on stage 2.  >:(

PS - The water felt SOOOOOOOOOOOO good.  O0

deerslayer

Here are the 6 of the 7 boys, Matt and I.  Ike walked over after the picture was taken...

Dan

deerslayer

A shot of the line...there's a M1A that I'd like to shoot near the close end...
Dan

gmw

Went looking for AARs for the past shoots I'd attended and then found that I had some pix from the La Crosse one.  Better late than never?

Blue Five

O0 O0 Thanks gmw!  I have a patch exactly like that glass ornament on my shooting jacket now...favorite range  :)