News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR: Columbiana, AL Apr 16-17

Started by 4merUSMC1803, April 22, 2011, 09:26:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

4merUSMC1803

Once again, a group of fine Patriots came out to take advantage of the wonderful facilities of the Shelby County Sheriff's Office Training Center in Columbiana, AL.  You all learned about the leadership, deeds, and sacrifices of men like Capt Parker, Capt Davis, Col Barrett, and many others in the quest for Liberty!  You also received a detailed lesson on your history and heritage; about becoming Riflemen (and Riflewomen).  You participated in the Volley for Liberty and helped us honor those who made the ultimate sacrifice at Lexington and Concord on that fateful April Day some 236 years ago!    You were a wonderful group of Americans, and it was our pleasure to have you on the line.

Here's the first group of snapshots of you as you advanced the "Cause":

D Lawley

4merUSMC1803

Here are some more pics:
D Lawley

4merUSMC1803

More Pics:
D Lawley

4merUSMC1803

And more pics:

D Lawley

papa

jmdavis

"If a man does his best, what else is there?"  - General George S. Patton Jr

...We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
  For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
  Shall be my brother...-Shakespeare, Henry V

"There's a great deal of talk about loyalty from the bottom to the top. Loyalty from the top down is even more necessary and is much less prevalent. One of the most frequently noted characteristics of great men who have remained great is loyalty to their subordinates."
- General George S. Patton, Jr

"Your body can't go where your mind hasn't been."
- Alex Arrieta 1995 NTI Winner

colycat

Nice job, Darrel O0

Man you guys sure have it nice down south,  I can't even remember what it was like to have shooters in T shirts.  3 inches of snow for us followed by mud everywhere.  But all Appleseedseeder's persist.

Next April, I'm looking south ;)
"These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives everything its value."   T Paine

PBRG

This was a fantastic AS. My 2nd at Columbiana. Beautiful weather, Very well kept range( Kudos to Sheriff Curry) and a fine group of instructors and shooters.
I was Honored to take the Patch and accepted the orange hat from 4merUSMC1803.
Honoring our Patriots that ensured our freedom, many with the ultimate sacrifice, is the right thing to do. This is by far the finest program of History and marksmanship I have witnessed in my near 45 years as a avid shooter.
I am proud and humbled to be counted in the ranks of new Riflemen and enthused about beginning my duties as a IIT.
      It was said that "Those who forget the past are doomed to repeat it". Let us NEVER forget what those great Patriots set in motion that fateful day in April 236 years ago. We owe it to them and our future Generations to keep our Republic..... Just the way they would be proud of it. May they Rest in Peace knowing that there are people determined to keep this Nation free!
Instructor in training

The American flag does not fly because the wind moves past it.

The American flag flies from the last breath of each military member who has died protecting it!!

Pop Revere

As always, I had a great time. The weather was great and all of my fellow Patriots were great.  All instructors done a very good job. Cadman handled the line well. I hate that I wasn't able to attend on Saturday and participate in the Volley for Liberty. It would have been a true honor as a civilian to honor those who defended Liberty in the past, present, and future. As far as my shooting goes, I continue to get better each time I go. Shot my record high of 209 on Sunday, "oh so close". Special thanks to everyone who was pulling for me on the last 2 AQT's. I won't let Appleseed down and I will become a Rifleman.
Speaking of Rifleman, congratulations to Mitch.
Before I go I would like to give a Very Special Thank You to Darrel for running a great Appleseed and for all of the moral support on my last 2 AQT's.
The constant threats against our Country and our Liberties make me worry about my Grandchildren's future. This has made me realize that I don't have time to wait on my work schedule to slow down or my knees to get any better. So I'm back, ready and willing again, to do what I can because "I will NOT allow Liberty to die on my watch".
Mike Cofield (Pop Revere)

Attended my 1st Appleseed in 2010
Scored Rifleman & took an Orange Hat 2013
IBC  Pelham, TN  2-2014
IBC  Columbiana, AL  7-2015
KD Qualified at CMP Talladega, AL  1-2016
IBC Huntsville, AL  2-2022
Re-Activated 2-2022