News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

home protection

Started by DeborahG, June 25, 2010, 06:25:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

redman1

proper training will go farther than any bullet..you must learn properly.dont be like the other 95% of gun owners.. get your butt into a real world  class of some sort.that cpl that everyone is running around with means nothing and owning a firearm means less,until the gun can be handled with a proper mind set.

unfortunatly crime ,home invations and all the bad stuff is on the rise and nobody will protect you and your family but you.owning a gun isnt just a right its a responsibility...just be safe ok

here is some schools close to home(ohio)

http://www.michigantrainer.com/

http://www.tdiohio.com/home.html
To win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the highest skill.To subdue the enemy without  fighting is the highest skill..
-SUN-TZU

The less effort,the faster and more powerful you will be..
-Bruce Lee

desertrat144

Deborah,

The one question that I always asked my trainees and clients, I'll ask you: "Can you take a human life?"  period- no circumstances, &c.  Do not be offended nor answer right away.  We are [generally] trained to value human life since birth, so you must know the answer beforehand.  

You will know the answer when you suddenly sit up in bed at 3 a.m. in cold sweat & shaking; the question posed being the reason why.

To those that would relegate this discussion to other boards, I ask WHY??
In order to achieve the mission of Appleseed, one needs to be alive & breathing.  :)  Not being in jail, or under review for a felonious assault also helps too. ;) :D

With the times and economy heading the direction it currently is, a generalized discussion as an answer to the posed is part of the mission see above.  In reading the answers given so far, most courses and training have been well summarized, and I suspect valid in all 50 states irregardless of the Castle Doctrine stances.  Heinlein's statement "...that an armed society is a polite society." will take on new meanings.

My $0.02 worth.  Now back to the rest of the mission.

Tom
"Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond it's limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves." - President Ronald Wilson Reagan

DeborahG

Thank you all for your input but as suggested let's put a close to this subject.

DeborahG

BuckeyeDave

Deb, the most important part of even discussing a handgun is safety, I would highly recommend going to your local gun shop with a shooting range and let the guys there know your situation. Most will be more than happy to help and also allow you to rent/borrow their recommended gun and also can give you directions to a gun safety/training class. Do not and I repeat do not just buy one and keep it in the house without knowing how to use it and jeep it locked in a safe and away from kids.

A gun, no matter what caliber or type, will become more of a liability than an asset if you do not know how to handle it and secure it.
"All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good
conscience to remain silent." ~ Thomas Jefferson

[/CENTER]

jeep45238

Dave, as it's been mentioned many times before (and I'm guilty as charged too) - this is not what Appleseed is about, so let's drop the subject :)
USAF A1C ~ Never settle for the ordinary.

Rights cease to exist when restrictions are put on them.