News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Pecos Texas Run N Gun

Started by alonso1, June 25, 2010, 05:01:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

staplegund

:D ;) O0 ..:.. O0 ;) :D
I'll be pulling for you guys to make the good showing you're gonna make.  I would love to go but surgery 4 days ago set me back a ways, both physically and financially.  Are any of our dangerous olde men participating?  Let's hear from ya!
SG
Mischief springs from the power which the moneyed interest derives from a paper currency which they are able to control, from the multitude of corporations with exclusive privileges... which are employed altogether for their benefit. --Andrew Jackson

POP

Thanks, Scott.
Yeah, we'll do well for Project Appleseed. 
I'll be the only DOM there.  The rest are all smoke and fizzle.   **) 
Sorry to hear ya been under the knife recently.  If there is anything I can  :sos: you with please let me know.  Hope you get to feeling better soon.
POP

Quote from: staplegund on August 07, 2010, 06:49:57 PM
:D ;) O0 ..:.. O0 ;) :D
I'll be pulling for you guys to make the good showing you're gonna make.  I would love to go but surgery 4 days ago set me back a ways, both physically and financially.  Are any of our dangerous olde men participating?  Let's hear from ya!
SG

3 of 6
7 of 6
Davilla RBC 11-08, 2-09, 11-09, 11-10
Davilla IBC 4-10
Eureka KS RBC 7-10, 5-11
Osage Beach RBC 10-10
WSMR 03-10 ... Sapper Steel
Waterman 300 9/11/10

I can explain it to you but, I cannot understand it for you.

I'll keep my faith, my family, my church, my liberty, my property, my money...oh, and my guns. You can keep the CHAINS. (Triskele)

oldgrunt

man and my days of running are long over..just know I'm there in spirt Stimey....Mark get a haircut would you??lol do well guyz we are supporting you all getemmm..
Follow Me..I am the Infantry..
                                         Iron Mike

THE MAN COMES AROUND..Johnny Cash

"If there must be trouble,..Let it be in my day,That my child may have peace".....

THOMAS PAINE

starfox

Quote from: oldgrunt on August 08, 2010, 10:05:26 PM
man and my days of running are long over..just know I'm there in spirt Stimey....Mark get a haircut would you??lol do well guyz we are supporting you all getemmm..

Actually Mark was sporting a nice haircut and groom at the picnic.  So much so that I didn't recognize him wheb we drove up. Gotten too used to the migrant worker look.  ;D
"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women,
when it dies there, no constitution, no law,
no court can save it." - Judge Learned Hand

"Never compromise. Not even in the face of Armageddon . . ." - Rorschach, The Watchmen.

Davilla 3-10

Scout

Quote from: starfox on August 08, 2010, 10:14:59 PM
Quote from: oldgrunt on August 08, 2010, 10:05:26 PM

Actually Mark was sporting a nice haircut and groom at the picnic.  So much so that I didn't recognize him wheb we drove up. Gotten too used to the migrant worker look.  ;D

I love Mark, my kids do too, they sneak in to take a look at him when he is sleeping at our house and they call him the "Geico Man". ;D

Pop, you are the MAN that others can only aspire to   ;) ;D
BattleRoadUSA.com

"Who wants Ice Cream?" Fred

Sixty seconds is way too long for a minute, I am cutting it down to thirty seven seconds- SoM

"You can shout it, you can preach it, but no matter how many times you repeat it, NEVER believe your own bullSh*t." (as told to me by Grin Reaper)

Reddot

Scout,
That's just wrong--how will i ever get that image out of my head :P

POP

Scout,
I'm not quite sure what to say
Pop, you are the MAN that others can only aspire to
//But,

Ya'll are playing catch up now.   ~~:)  ain't it great! 
Today I just got two more ranges here in Louisiana.  Put that with LRA just south of SHV, and, that's three maybe four within the last week.   So, we have LA covered NORTH, Central, SOUTH, and EAST on the MS line. 

All I need now is more instructors and shooters.   &)

Good times are a coming.   :~ :~ :~ ^:)^

See you on the KD, at the RBC, in Atlanta, in FBG, in SHV, Sherburne, LRA, Alex, Slidell, Corpus, Pharr, College Station, Terrel, Amarillo, El Paso ... am I missing anything ... oh yeah Davilla.
Don't forget the Waterman 300 on 9/11.
Mush, Riflemen.

POP

3 of 6
7 of 6
Davilla RBC 11-08, 2-09, 11-09, 11-10
Davilla IBC 4-10
Eureka KS RBC 7-10, 5-11
Osage Beach RBC 10-10
WSMR 03-10 ... Sapper Steel
Waterman 300 9/11/10

I can explain it to you but, I cannot understand it for you.

I'll keep my faith, my family, my church, my liberty, my property, my money...oh, and my guns. You can keep the CHAINS. (Triskele)

zonkertx

Back home and unpacked...  Even took a nap!

I had a blast out there this weekend!  The event ran very smoothly, despite having a huge surge in attendance this year.  Hats off to Smokey and crew for pulling it off.  Thanks to all for great times, neat stories, and strange humor! 

I'll be back next year, and would like to RO or whatever else needs doing.

I love the THWACK! of .308 hitting steel! 

Here is a gallery of the (few) pix I took:

http://www.ebfulton.com/rungun9/

Grunt Medic

Great to meet all of you out there - and this was a fantastic homecoming for me from Iraq!  I can't say I did especially well on either the run or the shoot standards - but I did complete each stage, and had a lot of fun doing it.  Zero malfunctions - and thanks again to Alonso for loaning me an AR upper with an ACOG; I doubt I would have completed that last rifle stage without magnification.

Great times; can't wait to get back home to San Antionio and back on the AS instructor trail!