News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Appleseed near Chickasha August 7 & 8, 2010

Started by dalesp, June 23, 2010, 02:43:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scarecrow

I have ordered two replacement shades that have been shipped. (Original trashed at Kansas RBC)
Tarps could be suspended between two canopies on the equiment line to add shade.
I doubt that would work on the firing line.

dalesp

Quote from: oktx on July 22, 2010, 03:55:26 PM
I haven't gotten it yet, but was planning to get a canopy at Academy.  I looked at that one you posted from WM, Dale, and it has several pretty bad reviews. 

Are we going to be able to camp out Friday night?  What time will the gate be unlocked if so?  Are we allowed to bring our own wood for a campfire if there is no burn ban in effect? 

I'll make sure that site is accessible Friday afternoon.  I haven't found an ideal campsite yet -- we may just need to set up in the vicinity of the range --- it's level and not too close to the water -- I don't know how much, if any the water rises if we get rain.  The only thing about setting up near the range is the gravel.

You can bring firewood if you like.  I have several trees in my yard that were downed during this spring's ice storm I was hoping to burn up -- I'll get some of that wood onsite.
"There are three reasons to own a gun: To protect yourself and your family, to hunt dangerous and delicious animals and to keep the King of England out of your face."
                          ~ Herschel Shmoikel Pinchas Yerucham Krustofski (Krusty the Clown)

spitstickler

We made the paper. Hope this helps fill the line.
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work."  -Thomas Edison

What about you

It's a Newbie here, this will be my first Appleseed.  Just to let you know I'm bringing an e-z up canopy also.

I'd appreciate knowing, are the roads to this range paved or fairly rough?

Thanks

dalesp

The directions posted use the better roads.  When we put up the signs pointing to the range we will also use the route with the best roads.  All roads in the area are paved - but some are better than others - areas of gravel and large potholes -- oil trucks tend to be kind of hard on the pavement.  

Once you reach the site, there is a gravel road to the range -- with a small off-road detour (road washed out) of about 30 yards.

I'm going over there this morning -- in my '09 Ford Focus.  Not an off-road vehicle by any stretch.  Pickup trucks will have no worries.  Cars may collect a little tall grass.  Unless we get a lot of rain, it won't be an issue . . . unless you drive a lowrider.  This guy will be walking to the range  ->  http://www.zgeek.com/forum/gallery/files/1/0/8/lowrider.jpg

Your pop-up shade will be put to use -- there is only 1 lonely tree near the range.  I've checked the long range forecast.  It didn't go out to Saturday, but  my prediction is for lots of hotness.

Glad you're coming out -- this is going to be a great weekend - hot, but great!

Here's the link to the info page with the directions:

http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=14690.0
"There are three reasons to own a gun: To protect yourself and your family, to hunt dangerous and delicious animals and to keep the King of England out of your face."

Greg in MO

Guys,

Just a recommendation.  You can ask SavageShooter to send an email to all the preregs and ask them to bring popups if they have them.  We did that for Humansville this weekend and many folks brought them. Saved our bacon.  Man is it hot out there...

Just a thought.

Greg

TUHurricane

Me and two friends will be signing up the first of the month.  We would sign up sooner, but we are all college students that get paid the first of the month.  How much more room is there? I don't want to miss out because we are broke.  Also will 22 shooting be going on when the full length shoot is going on? I am currently in North Dakota and am driving straight to OK.  I do not have my full length rifle with me and want to still be able to shoot. 
guns and freedom are like music and dancing, you can't have one without the other.

dalesp

Quote from: musicanddancing on July 31, 2010, 11:30:43 PM
Me and two friends will be signing up the first of the month.  We would sign up sooner, but we are all college students that get paid the first of the month.  How much more room is there? I don't want to miss out because we are broke.  Also will 22 shooting be going on when the full length shoot is going on? I am currently in North Dakota and am driving straight to OK.  I do not have my full length rifle with me and want to still be able to shoot. 

Sign up or come on out - if we don't have room we will make it. . .  Or squeeze you in - besides, cartridge shaped burn scars are cool . .  ;D

As far the known distance shooting, I think the biggest limiting factor will be the number of instructors we have.  We'll do all the shooting we can.

K98Al

Will the pond be available for cooling off?
Before we can defeat our external enemies, we must first meet and defeat everything in ourselves that is weak, lazy, and cowardly; everything in our character that is materialistic rather than spiritual, which seeks weak compromise and accommodation rather than struggle and victory.

dalesp

Quote from: K98Al on August 02, 2010, 09:16:18 AM
Will the pond be available for cooling off?

There's no Lifeguard on duty! I can't imagine that being a problem.  Unfortunately though - no water skiing. . . .  The pond isn't on a hill   . . .

dalesp

Does anyone that is coming this weekend have a few orange road cones?  There's a couple of off-limits areas at the location and I want to make it clear where they are. . . 

henschman

Also, anyone who has access to any kind of steel plate, preferably at least 1/2" thick, please bring some out!  The more of that stuff the merrier on the KD range.
"Of liberty I would say that, in the whole plenitude of its extent, it is unobstructed action according to our will. But rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law,' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the right of an individual."
-- Thomas Jefferson to Isaac H. Tiffany, 1819

dalesp

. .  And trash cans - I only have 1 trash can  . . .  and its kind of small.'

OG said he was bringing out some steel . . .

Scarecrow

I have two orange cones and can get a couple more.
Also have some orange surveyor tape.
Can bring one 39 gallon trash can and a brass bucket.

spitstickler

I'm going to be packed to the gills just to get my crew there.

If anyone has some sandbags bring 'em. I know we'll have a set of young ones on the line.
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work."  -Thomas Edison

Grumpy

Dangit, I missed the deadline to register ~~:)
I will be there, though.
I'll bring a trash can and a brass bucket.
Turn off the X-box and focus on the X-ring.

dalesp

Just a word of warning.  The Alex PD is know for strict enforcement of the 45MPH speed limit on Lake Rd.  After you turn south off of Highway 19 - WATCH YOUR SPEED.  The city limit is about a mile south of the highway.

I spoke to the chief and another officer today - so they know you are coming!

okdzb

Had a great time .. thanks for a great first appleseed! O0