News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR: Bennington, VT June 19-20, 2010

Started by Buzzworth, June 22, 2010, 12:29:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzzworth

Great team Crak, ADOM, Spartan, CAPshooter, R1sgx2 Sunday and me Buzzworth
Thanks guys it is my honor to serve with you  :)

14 shooters 3 Rifleman 2 new Orange hats

another GREAT Appleseed!  O0

Weather clear and hot 90+  :o

I love the Roof at this range  :bow:

Saturday: we had 14 Rifles on the line folks from 10 to 71 years old man and woman
Boys and girls

Dan (Sureshot) made the cut this day what was holding him back? Not holding back! (the trigger that is)

We ran a standard POI and just before the last redcoat Crak gave a second strike that was awe inspiring and then to shoot the red coat right after that was just right

Sunday we also had 14 Rifles all had been to Appleseeds before or attended Saturday

So we got right into it

Two more Rifleman Alex and Jason
Two new Orange hats Dan (Sureshot) Alex (soon to be on the forum)

Folks who took photos please post them and comment

note to self BRING CAMERA  ~~:)
No Guns, No safety, No freedom
KNOW Guns, KNOW Safety, KNOW FREEDOM

Johnnyappleseed

Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.
Calvin Coolidge

Another D.O.M.

This was another great Appleseed weekend!

Saturday was hot, Sunday a bit cooler but more humid - the covered firing line and slight breeze on both days made it more than bearable - thanks again to Hale Mt. Fish & Game!

I've left my Red Coat numbers for Saturday at home so I'll have to update this post later on tonight.
Saturday AM Redcoat:  100-yd - 7; 200-yd - 5; 300-yd - 1; 400-yd - 1; 250-yd - 2.
Saturday PM ERedcoat: 100-yd - 7; 200-yd - 7; 300-yd - 1; 400-yd - 0; 240-yd - 4.
Definite improvement throughout the day.

We saw steady progress throughout the weekend as the participants applied the fundamentals.  A special recognition of two junior shooters, one 10 y.o. young woman from the Saratoga Springs, NY area and one 11 y.o. young man from Rupert, VT.  There were also several return shooters from the April 17 & 18 2010 event at Bennington.  We finished up Sunday afternoon with one shooter applying the principals he learned to the 100-yd range.

Unfortunately I hardly took any pictures, as I was busy instructing on Saturday and shooting on Sunday.  Someone else will have to supply the photos.
MJA
"Dark & difficult times lie ahead.  Soon we must all face the choice between what is right, and what is easy."  Dumbledore

R1SGx2

I was the Sunday only instructor (work conflict).

QuoteSunday a bit cooler but more humid
Not sure about Saturday but Sunday was draining, luckily someone brought a watermelon and carved it with a pre-ban knife in the mid afternoon, it was like magic, now you see it now you don't. Helped all get thru afternoon. ^:)^

Hale Mountain, been there several times as instructor and on mat, nice place and very friendly to AS, every time I've been there the Club President has stopped by each day of the shoot to see if there was more they could do.  :bow: :bow:

Wish I could tell ya what happened after the Seeding and participates went home Sunday, but this range has 200, 300, 400 and 500 yard steel plates. All of them reported back. :~ :---
It was nice spending Fathersday with good people, knew all the instructors and many of the return shooters, Family....

Vermont, again, thank you for letting me come over the boarder.
"Eyes of the Warrior - Always open"
"What's the weather got to do with it, lets go."
"Appleseed, where good people come together to save a nation."

Dude

3RD NOTE TO SELF: B..R..I..N..G....C..A..M..E..R..A NEXT TIME!!! Using the phone just doesn't cut it.

Most diverse group of shooters I've seen yet. All ages working diligently on their skills, despite some really hot weather; great to see!

Awesome group of instructors! Buzzworth, ADOM, and one who's forum name I never got from up in the Adirondack Mountains-what a great guy!  O0
Great message from all the guys, especially CRAK.

Oh, and let's not forget the watermelon salesman who popped in for Sunday. :)

Inching closer, (203) and 1 hit away from a clean redcoat; but especially proud of my daughter shooting a 181.

Me [long after official event was finished]: "It's Father's Day and Mom and your sisters are going to have a nice dinner ready pretty soon. Don't you think we should get going soon?"

Her: "NO!!!!"  :---

Strength and honor

Semper SOM/SOM

Every citizen should be a soldier. This was the case with the Greeks and Romans, and must be that of every free state. --Thomas Jefferson

Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty. --Thomas Jefferson

Spartan

It was a great time all around the folks there the instructors and the shooters and that awesome watermelon!!!!
Crack had some great tools in his toolbag especially the change NPOA drill around the target.  It was a great way to spend fathers day.  Thanks to all.
With yoru shield or on it,,,the guy from the adirondacks:)
"With your shield or on it"

sureshot

Great way to spend fathers day with my daughter! Beautiful range, beautiful day to shoot! Here are a few pics from the range.
If you think everything's going to be alright, you don't understand the problem!

"They have men amongst them who know very well what they are about" Gen Hugh Percy

Another D.O.M.

That watermelon was fabulous!  At first I was afraid to indulge - the guy who brought it was walking softly and carrying a big stick.  In fact, there were a couple of guys there carrying big sticks...

"Dark & difficult times lie ahead.  Soon we must all face the choice between what is right, and what is easy."  Dumbledore

sureshot

few more pics from the day.
If you think everything's going to be alright, you don't understand the problem!

"They have men amongst them who know very well what they are about" Gen Hugh Percy

CAPshooter

Great shoot despite the heat.  Nice place to spend time with my father on father's day.
I'll try to get some pictures loaded

"You cannot invade the mainland United States.  There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass."         -Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto