News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

NEW EVENT LOCATION ///////// Massena, NY

Started by B9, June 21, 2010, 10:34:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

B9

Massena Rod and Gun Club  http://www.massenargc.com/  O0

Those responsible please comment.................
"It's very hard to engineer another countries liberation...people have to liberate themselves. Unfortunately in history, many people get killed..."
Medea Benjamin

independentrider1

I have some pictures of the rod and gun club I will post

independentrider1

anyway the photos are too big to post so if anyone wants to see them contact me and I can email them.

boltgun71

A few pics...

The 100yd Range

The 300yd Range

The Clubhouse

Some of the camping area

Thank you independentrider1 for taking the pictures.

Another D.O.M.

Quote from: independentrider1 on June 22, 2010, 05:06:44 PManyway the photos are too big to post so if anyone wants to see them contact me and I can email them.
Email them to me at mjanspacher@gmail.com and I'll reduce them and post them here.

Thanks for all of the work you've done (along w/ boltgun71 & U.S.Cavalryman) to get this range on board w/ Appleseed!
MJA
"Dark & difficult times lie ahead.  Soon we must all face the choice between what is right, and what is easy."  Dumbledore

U.S.Cavalryman

8)

Good Job. And finally a nice Range! I will be there.  Ready to sow seeds in the North country.
"Only Hits count, you cant miss RAPIDLY enough to catch up"

Another D.O.M.

Quote from: U.S.Cavalryman on June 22, 2010, 09:07:30 PM8)

Good Job. And finally a nice Range! I will be there.  Ready to sow seeds in the North country.
Whaddy'a mean "finally a nice range"?  Clearly you haven't been to Calverton yet...
"Dark & difficult times lie ahead.  Soon we must all face the choice between what is right, and what is easy."  Dumbledore

independentrider1

I talked to the Bar Manager at the Rod and Gun Club yesterday she said they will be serving food that weekend. Hot dogs, hamburgers, fries, that kind of stuff, lots of choices. For those that might camp it is right on the river so bring your fishing pole or archery stuff they have a beautiful archery trail. They have a Men's and Woman's bathrooms with showers. It has a full bar for the evenings. Canoe rentals, The village of Massena is only a couple of miles away. If you live nearby I suggest buying a year membership for the club because there will be a $10.00 charge for range fees for the weekend for non- members. This is a super nice club and rain or shine I don't think anyone will regret coming. I know Boltgun71 and U.S. Calv are awesome instructors and you will learn a lot. Even if you think you are already pretty good Boltgun puts out a lot of ballistics stuff that everyone will soak up. Hope to see everyone there and hopefully we can make this a regular Appleseed stop.

Spanner

Quote from: independentrider1 on June 22, 2010, 09:24:25 PM
... she said they will be serving food that weekend.

OK you got my attention.  What weekend?

" Decision-making is the supreme manifestation of human dignity. "  -Jouvenel

independentrider1

Another D.O.M.

More photos:

Outdoor pistol range (in case someone wishes to do some evening pistol shooting).

Parking at 100-yd range.

100-yd range facing the berm.

Removable benches on 100-yd pad.

Additional 100-yd uncovered range.

Another view...

The Scoring Shack.  Note the rental canoes on the rear wall.

300-yd covered range.

300-yds facing the berm.

This club is nice!  The kind of place you could take the family for a vacation.  The kind of place every community should have...

Nickle

Bring LOTS of insect repellent, the bugs in the Adirondacks are large and vicious.

Good to see another event in northern NY.

I might just have to try to make this one.
They have men amongst them who know very well what they are about, having been employed as Rangers against the Indians and Canadians and this country being much covered with wood, and hilly, is very advantageous for their method of fighting. . . . ".  Lord Percy

Sounds like New Englanders to me.

Another D.O.M.

This one is now on the Instructor Schedule - instructors, sign up now to reserve your spot!

independentrider1

Quote from: Nickle on June 23, 2010, 02:37:37 PM
Bring LOTS of insect repellent, the bugs in the Adirondacks are large and vicious.

Good to see another event in northern NY.

I might just have to try to make this one.

We actually are not in the adirondacks. all flat here. haha Bugs still suck.

Another D.O.M.

Spanner

What is the capacity for this event? 

Also, I've forgotten: what time do the beverage stores close in Cornwall on Fridays?   :))

independentrider1

I think we are going with 26 people. as for corwall Its such a hassle to get over there now its not even worth going. You either need a enhanced drivers licence or a passport now.

Quote from: Spanner on June 25, 2010, 11:54:02 AM

Also, I've forgotten: what time do the beverage stores close in Cornwall on Fridays?   :))

Another D.O.M.

Quote from: Spanner on June 25, 2010, 11:54:02 AM
Hmmmm....

The EI data I sent says 26 shooter capacity - but that didn't make it onto the EIP.

For the record we're limiting this one to 26 shooters.  That may increase for future events.
MJA

Spanner

Quote from: Another D.O.M. on June 25, 2010, 01:39:36 PM
... we're limiting this one to 26 shooters. 

26.  26?  Twenty six!   :o  Guess I better sign up...

Nickle

Quote from: independentrider1 on June 23, 2010, 08:48:25 PM

We actually are not in the adirondacks. all flat here. haha Bugs still suck.

Neither is New Bremen or Ft Drum (or even Malone, if you get technical).

But, as far as bugs go, it's probably WORSE than the real Adirondacks. AMHIK.
They have men amongst them who know very well what they are about, having been employed as Rangers against the Indians and Canadians and this country being much covered with wood, and hilly, is very advantageous for their method of fighting. . . . ".  Lord Percy

Sounds like New Englanders to me.

Another D.O.M.

Quote from: Spanner on June 25, 2010, 03:34:50 PM26.  26?  Twenty six!   :o  Guess I better sign up...
Yup.  And quickly too.  I have half a ream of shoot fliers heading in that direction tomorrow - once they hit the streets of Massena it should sell out fast.

Spartan

Looks like a very nice range.  Boltgun, I'll be camping out as its about 1.5 to 2 hours away....from where I am in the real Adirondacks with big vicious insects and all.
"With your shield or on it"

independentrider1

Just bumping this shoot to the top for all to see.

U.S.Cavalryman

MASSENA Rocked. Boltgun will have the AAR up soon but it was amazing until then  :-X
"Only Hits count, you cant miss RAPIDLY enough to catch up"

Spartan

"With your shield or on it"

independentrider1

Everyone who wasnt there really missed out on a great shoot.