News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Cool Idea for Southern NM Shooters: Capitan High Power Range...

Started by nmmi9100, June 21, 2010, 12:39:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nmmi9100

Has anyone looked into using the Capitan Highpower Range?  I've driven by it a few times on the way to Ruidoso.  Might be a relatively cool summer getaway for you southern NM folks to escape the heat.  Not really high enough to be REALLY cool but better than Alamo, Cbad, and Roswell....  I doubt it's fully utilized...so remote they don't have that many matches.  Facilities to 1000 yards.  Pretty sure you can camp on the range...

http://www.capitanhipower.com/index.htm

-David
Edgewood, NM

SamD

I have spoken with them in the past and although they have been favorable, their free time was contracted to various LEO operations.
There are some other minor issues but the real kicker is the cops.

Jimi and Milt are looking into a place east of Mayhill that we can get for a reasonable fee, camp, "a river runs through it" has facilities adn may eb our best bet.

Sam

lookylou

If you follow the link you provided, Capitan High Power Range is utilized every weekend during good weather. And you do NOT want to be there during the winter months. It isn't just cold. I believe other folks tried to get scheduled there but have been turned away. Bill Rodolph has a gunstore in Capitan. You could always drop by and ask him.

Devnull

We shoot in all conditions. This year alone I have run a shoot in 14f with a 20+ mph wind and 110f with high humidity.

If they'll let us use it, we will come!
"What the heck. I haven't volunteered for something in oh say 6 hours."