News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

On the Air with Mark Walters, Armed American Radio

Started by ItsanSKS, June 20, 2010, 09:54:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ItsanSKS

Currently on hold with the host of Armed American Radio, Mark Walters. 

Listen live online: http://armedamericanradio.org/listen-live-2/

Podcast of the show can be found on their home page, http://armedamericanradio.org

Call in Number: 1(877)956-9566

When you call, you will talk with Sean, the show's producer. 

Great guys, have enjoyed the shows I've listened to. 

Give 'em a call and tell them your story regarding Project Appleseed.

-ItsanSKS
"Those who would trade an ounce of liberty for an ounce of safety deserve neither."

"To save us both time in the future... how about you give me the combo to your safe and I'll give you the pin number to my bank account..."

ItsanSKS

Well, I was on the air for only a few minutes, after being on hold for over an hour.  Not exactly what I had expected, but it was good publicity nonetheless. 

I have already contacted Mark about getting another opportunity, and have forwarded him a press release.

Those who wish to listen to the recorded segment will find me on the air at the beginning of the second hour.

-ItsanSKS
"Those who would trade an ounce of liberty for an ounce of safety deserve neither."

"To save us both time in the future... how about you give me the combo to your safe and I'll give you the pin number to my bank account..."

caseyblane

"Boy, there are Do'ers, Thinkers, and Wonderers, be a Do'er!" My Grandfather.

NHale

Do you have an archive link before the file goes away?

Thanks!

NH
Appleseed: Because you never know when the British will come looking to collect back taxes...

caseyblane

You can go to the following link

http://armedamericanradio.org/2010/06/aar-broadcast-6-20-2010-hour-2/

and right click DOWNLOAD and then click SAVE LINK and you can save the file.
Casey

NHale

Great job, sir!

Glad to have you representin'...

O0
Appleseed: Because you never know when the British will come looking to collect back taxes...

ItsanSKS

Update!

Just received word that for my 5 minutes of airtime, I reached at least one new Appleseeder: MikeKinAZ heard about the program from my brief blurb, took the time to check us out, then attended his first Appleseed, in the sonoran desert, in JULY.  Check out his thread in the AAR for the Kingman, AZ event on July 24,25: http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=15517.msg127851#msg127851

Folks, this just goes to show that a few minutes of your time can have an impact, even if you never know about it.

That is what this program is all about- planting the seeds of marksmanship and heritage, so that future generations will be able to enjoy the fruits of the Tree of Liberty. 

caseyblane

QuoteJust received word that for my 5 minutes of airtime, I reached at least one new Appleseeder: MikeKinAZ heard about the program from my brief blurb, took the time to check us out, then attended his first Appleseed, in the sonoran desert, in JULY.

Right on!!! You never know the impact you'll make. My friend's two teenage brothers showed up for half a day on Saturday at the last St. Augustine event. After they left early (apparently two teenage girls were waiting somewhere for them), we were not too sure about the impact of their time there. However, my friend says the next time he saw them they couldn't stop talking about what an awesome time they had and want to get their own rifles.
Casey

ItsanSKS

Made my second appearance on the show, specifically to address the New York Times article. 

Here's a link to the first hour of the show, which aired August 15th, 2010: http://uscca-downloads.s3.amazonaws.com/podcasts/AAR-8-15-2010-1.mp3

I'm on starting right at the 45 minute mark.

Give Mark a shout out from our fellow Appleseeders.  He's doing great work with his show, and its always a pleasure to listen to a radio personality who isn't full of himself. 

The website for Armed American Radio is www.ArmedAmericanRadio.com
You can listen in live through the website, if your local stations don't carry it.
Show airs live on Sundays, starting at 8:00PM EST and runs through 11:00PM
.mp3 files of the show are posted within a few days of the shows airing.

-ItsanSKS

NHale