News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

The Range is HOT!

Started by dalesp, June 20, 2010, 11:49:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dalesp

Seriously - It's really, really hot!

Six American Patriots showed up for the Range Work Day in Alex, OK, on the second longest day of the year (6/19/2010).

We scouted out the two possible range locations, discussed it and decided the dry-hole oil well was the better location - primarily because of access.  The other location would be inaccessible to all but mud buggies when it's wet.

The chosen location in level, graveled and has a good 30' berm carved out of the side of a hill.  We grabbed shovels and rakes and knocked down a 2-foot rise.  All the weeds got whacked and much Gatorade was consumed.

Shortly after 1300 The 2nd Amendment was being exercised and the sound of freedom echoed through the valley!

It wasn't until this morning that I realized that we didn't get any pictures of the range itself.   Dang!  I'm gonna have to go there again today . . .

Now all we need to do is pick a date, clear it with the landowner, and start Appleseedin'!

Thanks to everyone that showed up!
"There are three reasons to own a gun: To protect yourself and your family, to hunt dangerous and delicious animals and to keep the King of England out of your face."
                          ~ Herschel Shmoikel Pinchas Yerucham Krustofski (Krusty the Clown)

dalesp

Here's some pics of the range and the nearby pond.

"There are three reasons to own a gun: To protect yourself and your family, to hunt dangerous and delicious animals and to keep the King of England out of your face."
                          ~ Herschel Shmoikel Pinchas Yerucham Krustofski (Krusty the Clown)

henschman

Well, you weren't kidding about it being hot!  That nice big spring-fed pond will be great to take a dunk in after shooting all day in the summer heat.  Supposedly there are fish in there, too.  This will make an outstanding Appleseed location.  The land owner deserves many thanks for letting us use it. 

"The dry hole"... that's kinda catchy!  Maybe that's what we can call the range.

It looks like this shoot will be on the schedule for sometime in August.  Hopefully the first weekend of August, pending range owner approval.

Thanks to all who helped clearing the land. 
"Of liberty I would say that, in the whole plenitude of its extent, it is unobstructed action according to our will. But rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law,' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the right of an individual."
-- Thomas Jefferson to Isaac H. Tiffany, 1819

Scarecrow

A productive day even with the heat. 95 degrees on my thermo-meter.
Well done to dalesp, henschman, OKTX, K98Al and his son. O0
This will be a great range especially in milder weather.
Proud to be a part of it all.

Scarecrow

BTW, oktx needs an Orange Hat to wear don't you think!  :)

henschman

Yes... when she shoots Rifleman, she will be the subject of much peer pressure to put on an orange hat! 

It doesn't have to be at an Appleseed, either... if you do it in the presence of an instructor its all good.  So oktx, come out to H&H this Wednesday (see my recent post).
"Of liberty I would say that, in the whole plenitude of its extent, it is unobstructed action according to our will. But rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law,' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the right of an individual."

oktx

FedEx came and took my .22 away to be worked on this morning.  Most of the people that have had the same issue said that it takes about 4 weeks to get it back.  So... it's gonna be a while.  I do need to get my .223 correctly sighted in and get more familiar with it, though, so I might take you up on that offer.  I did write down your phone number from that post just in case. 

Orange hat... nah... think I'll stick with my pretty pink hat.  Thanks.   :D

spitstickler

Great job, all!   ^:)^

This looks like an excellent location.  Can't wait to see this show up on the schedule.
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work."  -Thomas Edison

henschman

Quote from: oktx on June 21, 2010, 02:02:02 PM
FedEx came and took my .22 away to be worked on this morning.  Most of the people that have had the same issue said that it takes about 4 weeks to get it back.  So... it's gonna be a while.  I do need to get my .223 correctly sighted in and get more familiar with it, though, so I might take you up on that offer.  I did write down your phone number from that post just in case. 

Orange hat... nah... think I'll stick with my pretty pink hat.  Thanks.   :D
bring your AR out and you can get a good battle sight zero with it, and I have an extra .22 if you want to shoot through some AQTs.  Orange hat... pink hat... I don't really care as long as you get that patch and join us in saving the country!  ;)

Greg in MO

Good job Oklahoma!  Way to hit the ground running...

Let's get some shoots on the calender and get back to saving the country!

Greg