News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!!!!

Started by SavageShootr, June 20, 2010, 02:28:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SavageShootr

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY And Thank You to all the dads out there who take the time away from their family to Appleseed!

You are doing a good job and it is appreciated.

God Bless!
SS
"Listen to everyone, read everything, and don't believe anything unless you can prove it."' B.C.
"It isn't like it is life or death...it is more important than that." MrPete

Cal 7.62

I second that. Happy Fathers Day to all the hardworking and Appleseeding Dad's!  O0
I just wanted to mention we should remember not only our own fathers, but our "FOREFATHERS"  @)  for all they've passed on to us posterity.  O0 O0

P.S. an intresting link-
http://www.americanrevolution.org/home.html
"Let us therefore rely upon the goodness of the Cause, and the aid of the Supreme Being, in whose hands Victory is, to animate and encourage us to great and noble actions - The Eyes of all our countrymen are now upon us..." - George Washington

Western Rose

For being our leader...
For putting our well-being over your own...
For providing our needs...
For raising true Americans...
For making sacrifices for your posterity...
For caring about our country...
For preparing for our future...
For teaching us about firearms...
For bringing us to our first shoot...
For showing us the functions of a rifle...
For stapling our targets...
For reminding to safe our rifles on the line...
For encouraging us to keep doing better...
For demonstrating what a true hero is...
We thank you.

Happy Father's Day from Appleseed's juniors!

Ishy, Lyberty, Green Light, and LitlBit - Dad, thanks so much for getting us started in Appleseed.  Thanks for being passionate about our second amendment rights and teaching us how to bear arms responsibly.  But most importantly, thanks for being the Godly leader of our home and training us to be children of God.  We love you.

Evenstar - Thank you all for everything you do to keep this organization going. I would like to wish you a Happy Father's Day.

TNDryfire - Happy Father's Day to all you Dads out there. I appreciate all the work and time you dedicated to teaching us the heritage of our country and how to shoot. Your hard work and patience has paid off in a group of young people who know what they are about. Special thanks to my Dad for training me up in the way I should go and getting me into shooting.
Sincerely, TNDryfire

Browning BLR - I would like to say how much I appreciate the time and care given to the participants of Appleseed. The dedication that you showed us and your desire to turn America back to its roots is great. You shared your wisdom with us at the range to help us improve ourselves, to help us achieve the Rifleman standard, not just with shooting, but fueling the passion and reason that the founders of America suffered and went through. What they went through, THAT is our Rifleman heritage. THAT is what you are helping to restore today. My hat goes off to you.

Ham Radio - I want to say how much I appreciate all of your hard work that you put into this program. You spend your time, money, and put your effort into training kids and other youth like me so that we can pass on this knowledge. Even though you don't have any guarantee that everybody you teach will pass it on, you still do it. You take your time and spend it with people that you don't know, but you do it anyway. Thank you very much for teaching us how to become "riflemen" and for teaching us real history. If it wasn't for you this program would fall apart, so thank you for holding it together and taking the responsibility. I hope that one day I will be able to pass on this knowledge that you have given me to the youth of my day. Thank you for stepping up and taking the responsibility. Thank you for dedicating yourself to this program. Thank you for helping me be a better person...

Western Rose - To all of you Dads, I don't know most of you, but I did want to say thank you for doing all that you are doing. Keep up the good work. A lot of times, the younger generation doesn't think much about what the older generation has done for us. I just wanted to let you know that it is appreciated. Thank you and Happy Father's Day! Thanks to my own Dad, you've been teaching me a lot longer than anyone else, you've been teaching me safety, how to shoot, responsibility, and many other things, since before I can remember. You certainly have taken Proverbs 22:6 (Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it) to heart and acted on it. Other people are only building on the foundation that you've given me. Thanks, Daddy!! Love you!

A Father means so many things...
An understanding heart,
A source of strength and of support
Right from the very start.
A constant readiness to help
In a kind and thoughtful way.
With encouragement and forgiveness
No matter what comes your way.
A special generosity and always affection, too
A Father means so many things
When he's a man like you...

~Author Unknown~

God took the strength of a mountain,
The majesty of a tree,
The warmth of a summer sun,
The calm of a quiet sea,
The generous soul of nature,
The comforting arm of night,
The wisdom of the ages,
The power of the eagle's flight,
The joy of a morning in spring,
The faith of a mustard seed,
The patience of eternity,
The depth of a family need,
Then God combined these qualities,
When there was nothing more to add,
He knew His masterpiece was complete,
And so,

He called it ... Dad

~~Author Unknown.~~
Where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty. - 2 Cor. 3:17

A stranger is just a friend you haven't met yet.

"When an honest man who is mistaken, is confronted with the truth, he will either cease to be mistaken, or he will cease to be honest." - PHenry

"The teenage years are not a vacation from responsibility... They are the training ground of future leaders who dare to be responsible now."

Northwest Region Project Appleseed on Facebook

50th Appleseed
Appleseed: From Coast to Coast

ItsanSKS

Man, if that last post doesn't bring a tear to the eye... 

Happy Fathers Day to all you dads out there. 
"Those who would trade an ounce of liberty for an ounce of safety deserve neither."

"To save us both time in the future... how about you give me the combo to your safe and I'll give you the pin number to my bank account..."

NewMOe

Thank You to all the Jr's out there that let us Dads continue the Joy of well Dad'ing after ours have grown up.
"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic; since it offers a strong moral check against the usurpation and arbitrary power of rulers; and will generally, even if these are successful in the first instance, enable the

Gordon

Quote from: ItsanSKS on June 20, 2010, 12:27:39 PM

Man, if that last post doesn't bring a tear to the eye... 

Exactly. Same lump-in-throat I get over the singing of certain songs, like America the Beautiful.

To the Youth of Appleseed: You all encourage my generation more than you can know. You bring us hope. You are our hope!

Thank you

The Machine

Happy Father's Day to all, and a BIG THANK YOU to the youth of Appleseed for the kind words!  :)

"I proudly support limited government and unlimited common sense"

"One of the great advantages of the American Revolution has been, that it led to a discovery of the principles, and laid open the imposition, of governments." - Thomas Paine 1792

"It does not take many words to speak the truth"

TaosGlock

Quote from: Western Rose on June 20, 2010, 11:25:49 AM
Happy Father's Day from Appleseed's juniors!

Thanks!

And thanks SS for starting this thread!
89 fantastic Appleseeds since 2008/24 Libertyseeds!
Adventure Camp Director/Current Lead Rifle Instructor: NRA WC Raton,NM
New Mexico's first Rifleman: Sept. 2008 NRAWC
Their walls are filled with cannonballs, their motto is don't tread on me-Grateful Dead
Liberty is not a cruise ship full of pampered passengers. It is a man of war and we are all crew-Boston T. Party
"Make no mistake, when you cheer for the people of the American Revolution, you are cheering for traitors and criminals.
They broke the law, because liberty is always illegal"- Larken Rose

Reformed Redneck

To all,

I would like to pay tribute to my Dad. I am sure there are many of you who have similar stories.

My Dad taught my brother and I how to shoot a .22 rifle when we were young, probably around 7 - 8 years old. We learned safety and respect for firearms. It was always a special treat to take that rifle out with a couple of boxes of ammo and shoot tin cans or whatever other targets we could come up with. I still have that rifle, and have used it for a basic, bolt action trainer for my children.

My Dad sought to instill responsibility, productivity, and neighborliness is us as kids. I'm sure there were points at which he didn't know if he was getting through or not. But he still kept at it.

He was never interested in marksmanship as we have grown to be, but loved the outdoors: fishing, camping, hunting, jeep trails, and the like. Where we grew up there was a whole state full of opportunities, and we took advantage of them. This made a lasting impression on us.

My Dad epitomized the values that he held. Family, friends, loyalty, patience, productivity, independence, and self sacrifice. The successes in life that I have experienced are certainly more dependant on what he taught me than I ever assumed.

We lost my Dad earlier this year, and there is an obvious vacancy that he used to occupy. Yet, he has an enduring legacy that will continue to affect our lives, and by extension, the lives of our children and friends. This is as it should be.

To you young folks: Thanks for the kind words. Perhaps you can understand that many of us are sowing the seeds of trans-generational faith and liberty. While we have been preoccupied with you as you are growing, in the back of our minds we are doing what we do for your children, their children, and children's children to many generations. We want real liberty for our great, great, great, great grandchildren and beyond. We have sought to instill these in you, but the only way we can reach and affect those future generations is through you. Thanks for accepting the gift and the responsibility. We sincerely want you to succeed where we have not, and our desire is that you persist, adapt, and overcome faithfully in the future, building on that which we have conveyed to you.

May we appeal to the God of all creation and enjoin Him to judge our cause, find it just, and vindicate it with success in every way.

Best regards,
Reformed Redneck
I'll keep my faith, my family, my church, my liberty, my property, my money...oh, and my guns. You can keep the chains.

"...Of Zebulon, such as went forth to battle, expert in war, with all instruments of war...which could keep rank: they were not of double heart..."

CSHR

Once upon a time, when I was in my rebellious late teens, my father took me aside for another long talk on life. I was dreading it.

Turns out he took me by the shoulder and led me to the hall mirror, positioned me facing it and said...."There is only one person in this whole world you have to be true to, and you're looking at him. You've been taught right from wrong and given a good education. The person you see there can't be lied to or manipulated like you can with everyone else. He knows the truth of it."

Thanks to those on the thread who proffered salutations. To the 'Jr AppleSeeder's' Congratulations on having the fathers you do, and your appreciation of them.

CSHR/michael
"But rightful Liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add "within the law" because the law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual." -- Thomas Jefferson

desertrat144

To quote Taos Glock quoting Western Rose:
QuoteHappy Father's Day from Appleseed's juniors!

To all the Aplleseed Juniors that started and contributed to the thread, Thank You!!  
You are all proof that the program is working, and a bright light during dark times.

Tom
"Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond it's limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves." - President Ronald Wilson Reagan

Cal 7.62

I too, wish to thank the Appleseed younglings for giving us hope in the future generation.  O0 Your comments REALLY made my fathers day. Thank you!
"Let us therefore rely upon the goodness of the Cause, and the aid of the Supreme Being, in whose hands Victory is, to animate and encourage us to great and noble actions - The Eyes of all our countrymen are now upon us..." - George Washington

jacques

Quote from: SavageShootr on June 20, 2010, 02:28:36 AM
HAPPY FATHER'S DAY And Thank You to all the dads out there who take the time away from their family to Appleseed!

You are doing a good job and it is appreciated.

God Bless!
SS

I just spent it with my kids.

Two Words-Meriams Corner

TnTimberwright

Just want to express my sincere THANKS to you guys for wishing us a Happy Father's Day and expressing it the way you did.

You did in fact bring a tear or two with that post (and I know that I'm not the only one who was touched by it).

May God Bless you for it. You sure got my Blessings.

Bill
TnTimberwright

An old USSoldier
Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth.----George Washington

The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good.
----George Washington

SkyHawk

Thanks to our Jr. members for the touching Father's Day message. It just confirms once again that AS is more than an organization. It IS family and you give us hope for the future.
"An elective despotism was not the government we fought for"  Thomas Jefferson

Roland

To all of the Dads out their, especially my own- Much thanks.

Roland
The doorway to freedom is framed by the muskets that stood between a vision of of liberty and absolute anarchy at a place called Concord Bridge--Charlton Heston, 1997

"Be a man of principle. Fight for what you believe in. Keep your word. Live with integrity. Be brave. Believe in something bigger than yourself. Serve your country. Teach. Mentor. Give something back to society. Lead from the front. Conquer your fears. Be a good friend. Be humble and be self-confident. Appreciate your friends and family. Be a leader and not a follower. Be valorous on the field of battle. And take responsibility for your actions. Never forget those that were killed. And never let rest those that killed them." -- Major Douglas Zembiec

Patriot Gal

When I made Rifleman, I said to EEL (shoot boss) that my dad would've been proud of me.  My father had passed away 3 years previously. 

Without missing a beat, EEL replied "Your dad is proud of you".  :)
Still brings tears to my eyes.

Thanks to all you fathers who bring your children along with you on the Appleseed trail. 
I'm sure you are proud of them!  O0

Happy Father's Day to you all.
Thanks for all you do for Appleseed,
Patriot Gal
"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."  ~Thomas Jefferson

"No free man shall ever be denied the use of arms"
~Thomas Jefferson

"If not us, then who; if not now, then when."
~President Ronald Reagan

Gopher Boy

I really started to feel like a heal.

You see I had a shoot scheduled on Father's Day and my Wife's Birthday.

What kind of man does this?  I had even had thoughts of Issac Davis, funny how rationalization works.

Saturday I was handed a hat by SheepDog.  Wow I was so excited and yet something was missing, my family.

Sunday on my way home from the shoot, I received a call from my wife.  "When you get home shower and head to mom and dad's".  This was great, I love my in laws, they are great people.

What a surprise I received after dinner.  I think my wife understand Appleseed.

What a Father's day!

Patriot Gal

Gopher Boy!

All I could say was "Awwwww, that was soooo nice!"

What a great wife and family you have!   O0 @)
Patriot Gal
"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."  ~Thomas Jefferson

"No free man shall ever be denied the use of arms"
~Thomas Jefferson

"If not us, then who; if not now, then when."
~President Ronald Reagan

Western Rose

Bumping a very old thread to the top...

Happy Father's Day!!!
I hope all of you fathers have a blessed day and are able to get a bit of trigger time in soon. Thank you for all that you do, here and elsewhere.
Where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty. - 2 Cor. 3:17

A stranger is just a friend you haven't met yet.

"When an honest man who is mistaken, is confronted with the truth, he will either cease to be mistaken, or he will cease to be honest." - PHenry

"The teenage years are not a vacation from responsibility... They are the training ground of future leaders who dare to be responsible now."

Northwest Region Project Appleseed on Facebook

50th Appleseed
Appleseed: From Coast to Coast

Taylor

Ditto to all the sentiment expressed above much better than I could do.  O0

God bless you all and God bless Appleseed. :) :) :)
Honoring the memory of Adonijah Taylor (1730-1810) my Grandfather seven generations back, Deerfield MA Militiaman and Patriot, who answered the alarm on April 19, 1775 and along with his six sons served in the War of the Revolution.

"What good fortune for governments that the people do not think." - Adolf Hitler

"All political power comes from the barrel of a gun. The communist party must command all the guns, that way, no guns can ever be used to command the party." - Mao Tse Tung

"Those bold enough to believe that they can change the world, are usually those which do."
-Albert Einstein

"Let Freedom never perish in your hands."
-Joseph Addison