News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Att: IITs up for an IBC

Started by PHenry, June 16, 2010, 12:46:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PHenry

To All IITs - Florida or otherwise:
We need to hold an IBC or two this year. I have several possible locations - please pipe up with interest and I will look into dates:

TF's Aunt's house (need to ask permission) - a small IBC could be done indoors here at low lodging cost, ThaiFighter's Aunt willin'.

Hernando Sportsman's Club - their new clubhouse is still off-limits, but may be able to git into old clubhouse and also some range time. They have a habit of kicking us out early, but our own Panhead might be able to help us out.

Manatee Gun & Archery (Myakka City) - would be all outdoors, but - they have cheap camping and electric / shade outside for fans and have been berry, berry good to us - cheap lodging up road also ($39 / night). Could likely git live fire.

Wyoming Antelope Club (Pinellas County)
- this is my local range and they owe me, so could likely get us some clubhouse time and dry-fire range for mock Appleseeds. I could put several up at my shop and in travel trailer - both with AC.

These are some possible locations - anyone having knowledge of others - please PM me with same.

Please to chime on which location appeals and once we git a half dozen or so in agreement - I'll look into dates. In looking at the numbers for next year - we will fail miserably to attain our goals and maintain the momentum that so many have worked so hard for unless we do two things - increase our active IIT ranks and also increase the number of IITs that are ready, willing and able to work their way up to red hat and then on to shoot boss.

I will not mince words here. A fairly small number have carried the bulk of the Florida chapter forward from it's humble beginnings to place Florida at the top of Project Appleseeds and this small band grows weary from their tireless efforts. Their families and their vocations have suffered, and yet they have stayed the course.

An IBC is the fastest and best way to advance as an instructor. Advancing as an instructor is the best way I know of to pass on the traditions of the Founders. Passing on the traditions is the best way that I know of to maintain the Liberty that Americans take for granted, simply by getting them to cease taking it for granted.

What will we tell our grandchildren when they are growed if forced to live as slaves? Will we tell them that it was inconvenient to give up a few weekends per year to a great cause that sought to maintain the Liberty that was lost on our watch?

Three weekends per year, or twelve  - it's all appreciated - just make it a habit and do it consistently and we can make this work. It's OK if you are content to remain a "permanent IIT", so long as you honor the orange hat by signing up for events consistently and maintaining your basic skills by serving at regular intervals and studying. Going into 2011, we will have need of a great number of experienced RSOs to keep the lines safe.

However, we also need "hard-core" Patriots willing to sacrifice their spare time, effort, and resources to expand the hard-working core of the Florida chapter - that "crazy" band of brothers and sisters that are bent on saving their country from itself to avoid the cruel pangs of guilt they will surely suffer internally should America fail. When their grandchildren look into their eyes decades from now and ask - "What did you do to save Liberty?" - they will at least be able to answer - "everything in my power".

So let's see how many IBCs we can git old PHenry to run! How many awakened Americans can we surround ourselves with here in Florida?  Who's with me? Let the men and women who know well what they are about be counted here!  ^:)^
Huzaaah! Huzaaah! Huzaaah!
Para ser Libre, un Hombre debe tener tres cosas. La Tierra, una Educacion, y un Fusil. Siempre, un Fusil!  Emiliano Zapata

BrownBess

Huzzah PHenry.....all the above Venues look great, I think I can even get WoodyTreadnaught to put on the Orange hat at some time.......BrownBess

willorith

TF reports that the Micanopy mansion has been rented and thus will be unavailable.
Are the portable classrooms at Manatee still actually classrooms?
We are but human.

PHenry

Sir Willorith,
Thar's a thought - I dunno - twouldt have to make an inquiry.

I do know that a fair young maiden who scored 209 recently at Myakka did in fact use one of them as her quarters, and found it to be air-conditioned and thereby, much to her liking and comfort.

I am willing to wager that, if same is open for a weekend, or any part thereof, that we would be offered the use of it owing to the well known fact that a number of AS instructors, in March of this very year, did answer the call of that venue's range master and spent a day toiling as Range Officcers without recompense of any substantial kind, save some victuals, which, whilst they was most welcome and sorely needed, was not of such fashion as to cause a hard working man to swoon with joy and contentment.  :cool2:

If interest is expressed in this venue as the site for our next IBC, I willst make the required inquiries as to dates and availability of the un-heated spaces. Regardless of same, the area behind the clubhouse would do nicely with some large air-moving contraptions, of which I do in fact find myself encumbered and with camping at $8 and rooms for $39 - it's a good spot.

Funny, so far the only ones to chime in are the very ones who need the IBC the least.  :wb:
Para ser Libre, un Hombre debe tener tres cosas. La Tierra, una Educacion, y un Fusil. Siempre, un Fusil!  Emiliano Zapata

ThaiFighter

I am sure we can use the classroom at Manatee.  It is quite comfortable and they had seating at one point for about 30 ppl.  IN addition to the hotel.  I will probably still drive down each day and I have two spare bedrooms comfortably equipped for guests.  Let me know if I may be of assistance.   
"Reasonable people adapt themselves to the world. Unreasonable people attempt to adapt the world to themselves. All progress, therefore, depends on unreasonable people."

-GBS

Proud to be funding TG and BF's retirement account... ;)

hornblower

"An IBC is the fastest and best way to advance as an instructor. Advancing as an instructor is the best way I know of to pass on the traditions of the Founders. Passing on the traditions is the best way that I know of to maintain the Liberty that Americans take for granted, simply by getting them to cease taking it for granted."
PHenry

Wouldn't a couple of RBC's accomplish that end as well?

We have had over 1,000 reads of the "Rifleman's Bootcamp - How many would be interested" thread, with over 60 replies.

How about nailing down a few RBC's for Florida?

RickB

Hornblower,

The RBC is a great place to build and polish riflemen.  It is a full week long, however, and requires a 400 yard (minimum) range.  An IBC, on the other hand, is only a weekend and does not require a range at all!  An IBC is a quick way to show proven riflemen how to pass on what they know to others--it teaches how to teach.

And we do need more committed IITs!

PHenry, I'm willing to help out with an IBC.

RickB

PHenry

HB,
It's apples to oranges sir. A RBC is open to the public and is geared toward creating riflemen, with a minor on instructing. An IBC is open only to instructors and is geared solely toward creating better instructors. A two-day IBC rarely involves any shooting at'll.

I would love to see a RBC here. Heck, I would love to attend an RBC - have been reading about them for many years. It's how the program began and has always been on my personal wish list. However, that's fun - this call for IBCs is serious. If we do not acquire ten IITs that serve regularly very soon, the Florida chapter will crash in terms of sustaining what we have begun - forget about expanding and meeting goals.

The primary goal of Appleseeds is not marksmanship - it is saving our country by passing on the ideals and traditions of the Founders. To make our fellow Americans aware of the cost of Freedom in the hopes that they will embrace the debt owed to the men and women who secured it 235 years past. Time runs very short and our only chance for success lies in numbers - great numbers. If we, as Americans. do not become alert, informed and involved in the system of government handed down to us, right now - my own sweet little granddaughter will pay a very high price for our sin of apathy and lethargy.

I know that I am preaching to the choir here, but I wanted to make clear why an IBC is more important that a RBC. I say we have both!  ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^

Unfortunately, I am seeing very little interest in the IBC on these pages, which does not bode well for the program and that which does not bode well for Appleseeds - does not bode well for America. What ails Appleseeds is precisely what ails America - apathy, distraction, lethargy, and the feeling that someone else will do it.  :'(
PH

douglas34474

Myakka is a little far for me, but if that's the place, I'll find some way to get there. Being at ITT3 level already, it will do nothing to increase our numbers.  :(  We need Riflemen that have made the grade to step up and put the Orange Hat on.

Come on guys and gals, step up, put on that Orange Hat. Someone taught you how to shoot Rifleman, now learn how to teach someone else the same skills. Learn how to plant that seed in your fellow Americans. You would not believe the satisfaction of having someone thank you for teaching them how to shoot. It's worth every effort.  O0

PHenry

douglas,
Not so sir. I will consider this another event and if you can submit your PC4 and perform the required portions live - you'll git an increase in your "pay grade" to IIT4.  And the best part is that there is no charge for thems that have already attended an IBC - this is then considered a refresher and that's always a good thing for all of us. O0

What puts a hitch in my gitalong is that the only responses herein are from the core crew that is already serving with great distinction!  !@#)

Evidently, I need to modify my speechs yet agin to better reflect the need for all Florida IITS to check in on the forum now and agin.  ++)

Come on Florida - we've got a solid rep and we've accomplished great thins - let's keep it going!  ..:.. ..:.. ..:..

willorith

As I'm sure you know, the Parramore knot will be there. As attendees, or as instructors, how ever we are the most benefit to the program. We have a vested interest in developing a group of dedicated IITs that we can depend on as you did.

W. 
We are but human.

PHenry

W,
With your far more ingratiating personality and gentle manner - I should think it clear that you will bring more excellent people to our just cause than I could ever hope to sir. The presence of the PK will be a welcomed gift as always.
PH

douglas34474

Then set a date and place, I will do my best to be there, PC4 in hand.  O0

Douglas

NHale

PH, what are the facility requirements? What days? What hours? Indoors/Outdoors? General location? Number expected to attend?

Thanks!

Appleseed: Because you never know when the British will come looking to collect back taxes...

ItsanSKS

Facility requirements are a bare minimum, to include:

Toilet facilities.
Shady area for classroom instruction.
A 'line' where 3-4 people can handle rifles for a 'mock appleseed' scenario.
Nearby camping or other (CHEAP) accommodations.

Of course, we would prefer to have an air-conditioned classroom, actual firing line, and a true bathroom, but they are conveniences.. 
"Those who would trade an ounce of liberty for an ounce of safety deserve neither."

"To save us both time in the future... how about you give me the combo to your safe and I'll give you the pin number to my bank account..."

hornblower

Quote from: PHenry on June 17, 2010, 01:24:23 PM
HB,
It's apples to oranges sir. A RBC is open to the public and is geared toward creating riflemen, with a minor on instructing. An IBC is open only to instructors and is geared solely toward creating better instructors. A two-day IBC rarely involves any shooting at'll.

I would love to see a RBC here. Heck, I would love to attend an RBC - have been reading about them for many years. It's how the program began and has always been on my personal wish list. However, that's fun - this call for IBCs is serious. If we do not acquire ten IITs that serve regularly very soon, the Florida chapter will crash in terms of sustaining what we have begun - forget about expanding and meeting goals.

The primary goal of Appleseeds is not marksmanship - it is saving our country by passing on the ideals and traditions of the Founders. To make our fellow Americans aware of the cost of Freedom in the hopes that they will embrace the debt owed to the men and women who secured it 235 years past. Time runs very short and our only chance for success lies in numbers - great numbers. If we, as Americans. do not become alert, informed and involved in the system of government handed down to us, right now - my own sweet little granddaughter will pay a very high price for our sin of apathy and lethargy.

I know that I am preaching to the choir here, but I wanted to make clear why an IBC is more important that a RBC. I say we have both!  ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^

Unfortunately, I am seeing very little interest in the IBC on these pages, which does not bode well for the program and that which does not bode well for Appleseeds - does not bode well for America. What ails Appleseeds is precisely what ails America - apathy, distraction, lethargy, and the feeling that someone else will do it.  :'(
PH
PHenry
As you may remember, I have attended two Appleseeds and have not been able to come close to shooting rifleman.
So here you have someone who wants to help out by becoming an ITT and I can't meet one of the requirements.
My interest in an RBC is precisely to become an ITT.
It seems to me that you need some meat to feed the sausage machine, i.e. new Orange Hats
That withstanding, I will keep doing "cool weather" Appleseeds until I shoot rifleman.
I just bought a Ruger 10/22 Target and put a Leupold 3x9x33mm Rimfire scope on it.
I'd rather shoot Rifleman with iron sights, but at 70, my eyes are not what they were when I was in the Marine Corps.

PHenry

HB,
Point taken - like I said - I would like to see both.
Thanks,
PH

PHenry

NHale,
This is a two-day, weekend affair that runs from early to late - much like an event. The first day is all classroom learnin and Sunday involves as ItsanSKS said, a "mock" Appleseed to allow new IITs some time correcting position errors and calling / clearing the line, etc. to better prep them for serving at events.

I need at least four new IITs, plus some refresher IITs. I sent notice out to every IIT I have contact info for in Florida. I can think of several who would benefit from an IBC, as they have displayed great potential as instructors and this would move them forward more efficiently.

ItsanSKS - should we post this on the GA board as well? Not seeing much interest here in Florida outside of the same over-worked and dedicated individuals with which I have had the honor of serving so many times.  ???

douglas34474

Clinnon said she would be up for an IBC also, so add one more.

Douglas

ThaiFighter

Haul yer carcass up here to Land O Lakes Doug and I'll getcha the rest o' the way.  We need to find Panhead, Mike and the Jolly Bros n get them on board as well.   I will sit down and have a heart to heart with my Bro and see if he's willing to pitch in and start bailing.

Send it, Mrs Cleaver and Reagansmom and Rick should all get notes about this.   THey don't spend much time on the forum, but we should reach out direct.
"Reasonable people adapt themselves to the world. Unreasonable people attempt to adapt the world to themselves. All progress, therefore, depends on unreasonable people."

-GBS

Proud to be funding TG and BF's retirement account... ;)

theri

"I need at least four new IITs, plus some refresher IITs. I sent notice out to every IIT I have contact info for in Florida. I can think of several who would benefit from an IBC, as they have displayed great potential as instructors and this would move them forward more efficiently.

ItsanSKS - should we post this on the GA board as well? Not seeing much interest here in Florida outside of the same over-worked and dedicated individuals with which I have had the honor of serving so many times"

PHenry

Don't despair.  I believe that you are looking for people like me to attend the IBC.  I recently agreed to accept an Orange hat and became a IIT after attending my third Appleseed and shooting a Rifleman score 0n April 17-18.  I have not yet worked any Appleseed events yet but I am very interested in attending an IBC.  I live in Jacksonville so the closer to NE Florida the better for me but I will try to attend the IBC regardless where it is held.

Once the date and the location are determined I will be able to give a definite answer on whether I will be able to attend.  But the bottom line is I am a brand new ITT and I am interested in attending an IBC in Florida.

Terry
Whiskey Tango 9

jollymeister

:(

douglas34474

Just throwing things out.

The Gainesville Target Range has a class room. Has anyone talked to Mark?

Also, the boys in Sparr have a training room, with AC, that we may be able to use.

Doug

PHenry

theri and Jolly,

That's what I'm talkin' about! Who else is in? These guys are both up yonder, so maybe we should look into the locations that douglas is speaking of.

douglas34474,

Could u speak to whomever is required, or follow up on getting whoever is known to the right person on it. We need an unfettered place for class and maybe a firing line for Sunday PM.

Thanks,
PH

douglas34474

I plan on being in Gville next weekend for the event their. Do we need an answer before that time?

I'll drop by and see if the guys a Sparr are around and see what they say.

PHenry

Next weekend would be fine - we're looking  for a date within next two months. Needs to be a date with no events, so that all who wish to attend can do so.
Thanks,
PH

9mm4545

Well, I am a newby but I would sign up for a IBC. I will be working my first AS in Gainesville in about a week so anytime after that is OK with me. I really, really want to do a RBC but a IBC in the meantime would be helpful for advancing this new guy. Where and when?
The American Constitution is remarkable for its simplicity; but can only suffice a people habitually correct in their actions, and would be utterly inadequate to the wants of a different nation.  Change the domestic habits of the Americans, their religious devotion, and their high respect for morality, and it will not be necessary to change a single letter in the Constitution in order to vary the whole form of their government. - Francis Grund 1837

NHale

Appleseed: Because you never know when the British will come looking to collect back taxes...

NHale

Quote from: PHenry on June 18, 2010, 12:11:05 PM
Next weekend would be fine - we're looking  for a date within next two months. Needs to be a date with no events, so that all who wish to attend can do so.
Thanks,
PH

That would be August 7-8th, then, yes?