News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Range Work day Saturday 6/19

Started by dalesp, June 14, 2010, 05:16:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dalesp

Attention OK Riflemen!

We have a range work day scheduled for THIS Saturday.  Sorry for the late notice, but with the upcoming Holidays, Appleseeds in KS and the RBC in KS also around the corner we had to go with this weekend.

We have 2 probable Range locations.  We will need to decide on the best one and start preparing it for an AS Shoot.  If all goes well My Brother-In-Law will allow us to use this site on a regular basis.

The location is SE of Chickasha, near Alex, OK.  I'd like to get started as early as possible Saturday morning.

Bring your rifles, cause as soon as it's ready, we will have to test it out!

Who's in?

"There are three reasons to own a gun: To protect yourself and your family, to hunt dangerous and delicious animals and to keep the King of England out of your face."
                          ~ Herschel Shmoikel Pinchas Yerucham Krustofski (Krusty the Clown)

Scarecrow

I could lend my meager self to that.

henschman

I'm in!  Thanks for setting this up, Dale.  Any ideas on what type of tools we should try to bring?
"Of liberty I would say that, in the whole plenitude of its extent, it is unobstructed action according to our will. But rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law,' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the right of an individual."
-- Thomas Jefferson to Isaac H. Tiffany, 1819

spitstickler

Dale. Wow, this is exciting news. I'm already committed this weekend or I would head that way to help out.

Is there an ETA on when the first shoot will be held there?
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work."  -Thomas Edison

oldgrunt

Follow Me..I am the Infantry..
                                         Iron Mike

THE MAN COMES AROUND..Johnny Cash

"If there must be trouble,..Let it be in my day,That my child may have peace".....

THOMAS PAINE

Greg in MO

Fantastic!  Good work Oklahoma!

I'd even consider coming to help you guys but I am working the Grand Island, NE shoot this weekend. 

I hope none of you guys have been affected by the flooding.  We have had some up this way as well but not as bad as OKC got hit with.

Stay safe!

Greg

Scarecrow

Going to need details on what we will be doing and travel directions before Friday.
I will be breaking a Saturday commitment to instruct family members to do this.
If the work is not too involved or time consuming I might talk them into tagging along so they can shoot.
I'm NOT complaining here, just providing info.  O0

Thanks

henschman

Dale, how about posting some directions to your place so we can all meet up there and head to the range spots?
"Of liberty I would say that, in the whole plenitude of its extent, it is unobstructed action according to our will. But rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law,' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the right of an individual."
-- Thomas Jefferson to Isaac H. Tiffany, 1819

dalesp

"There are three reasons to own a gun: To protect yourself and your family, to hunt dangerous and delicious animals and to keep the King of England out of your face."

oktx

As of right now, I am planning to leave here around 7AM Saturday to come help.  I am bringing my chainsaw.  Do I need to bring a lawnmower also?  Other tools needed?  PS: I am more than willing to haul away any extra wood from the trees if you need that done although I only have the SUV it will hold a lot.  I will be filling my cooler with water bottles and ice and packing a lunch for me.  Are there some sort of facilities out at this place?  Do we need to dig a privy or anything for future Appleseed shoots?  OK, that is all the questions I have for right now.  Work gloves in hand and ready to get busy helping even if I never shoot a 210. 

By the way, did I mention that my hubby shot a 190 on his first Appleseed a couple weeks ago?   ^:)^ ^:)^  Oh and that is the THIRD time he has ever even shot a rifle.  And it was a borrowed rifle. 

Also, Scout and the rest of the Texas crew are some of the nicest people I have ever met (besides you all).

dalesp

OKTX - you must be zoning in on my brainwaves.  A mower would be appreciated.  We man or may not need it based on which location we decide to use.  Shovels, rakes, yo-yos, chainsaw, mower - that should cover it.  My BIL said he doesn't want any dirt work done - the area is riddled with underground pipelines.  Going any deeper than 3 or 4 feet will require a call to and a visit from Okie. 

I'm going to get a large cooler jug this afternoon and some powdered Gatorade.  Be sure to bring hats, sunscreen, liquid (beer doesn't count - and not allowed on the location), gloves - long sleeves.

I think we should all meet up at the C-Store in Alex.  Follow the directions I posted, except at step #8 - keep going east on Hwy 19 for another mile or so.  There is a Gas Station / Subway at the top of the hill.   I live a couple blocks behind the store.

My cell is FOUR-OH-FIVE  351- ZERO ZERO ZERO ZERO .

See you in the AM!

Scarecrow

See you there.
Daniel Hencsh has my #
I have a new pop-up sun shade to bring and test out.
I have t-posts and post driver. Picking up wire to hang backers.
Anyone have stuff to make backers?

oktx

What time are you planning to leave from the C-Store in Alex?

oktx

Quote from: Scarecrow on June 18, 2010, 12:52:50 PM

Anyone have stuff to make backers?
I'll talk nice to my hubby and get him to cut up the freezer box sitting in the workroom.

dalesp

Quote from: oktx on June 18, 2010, 04:12:09 PM
What time are you planning to leave from the C-Store in Alex?

How does 8:30 sound?  It's about 7 miles to the range site.  I'll bring a sign to post at the entrance if there are any stragglers . . . Wish I had a freezer box   ;D