News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

jackson, wy june 12-13

Started by bob gathercole, June 13, 2010, 08:55:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bob gathercole

I would like to thank gabe, berk, cody and craig for their commitment and hard work for the folks in teton county and the region. they drove a long way and worked hard and enthusiastically. I only wish this commitment had been met with a better response- 6 people on sat, 5 on sun. students were enthusiastic and appreciative; there were simply too few of them .

bob gathercole

risky buisness

Bob, were beginning to see this happen around here, and there is a solution, what I think were seeing now is that we have harvested the low hanging fruit, and that the bulk of the folks that can come have not been sufficiently motivated to do so, there in lies the problem, how to get those folks, the ones who could, to come. I have the same difficulties down here in Kemmerer, were calling these little towns particularly here in the west 'tough nut to crack', weather it's false bravado, or an inability to see the big picture regarding our country's dilemma, it still keeps numbers down. While we as a program continue to expand exponentially in areas where the population is greater the bottom line is if we can't Appleseed in Jackson or Kemmerer, or Osage were pretty much shut down, and that is unacceptable, so here we go, what to do next, it's pretty certain that the standard advertising we do has worked to a limited degree, so stepping it up a notch is the next plan, we need to talk to groups, home schoolers, boy scouts, church folks, political parties, hell tea parties,quilting parties you name it. Were not done here not by a long shot, so don't give up yet.
Risky Buisness, Rifleman and worlds fastest single shot M1 Garand operator

colonial shooter

Here is a copy of the PM from M1BZRK:

Jackson - A great range, we were able to shoot from 25M to 400yd from same position.  Very nice facility with heated classroom.  Kudos to Bob for setting things up .  Dan the rangemaster lives on the property, and he runs a tight ship - NO trash on the range. He was very welcoming and even had the coffee pot on for us. Newman ran an excellent shoot.  Bob Gathercole, CraigerCJ, Little Jack and I assisted.  It was a pleasure to work with them.  We only had one Rifleman, but the progress of the others, especially the two youngsters. was most gratifying.  WhiteWaterLady came over from Idaho,  & was only able to attend one day, but she made amazing progress, especially considering she had never fired a rifle before!  Everyone seemed to enjoy the challenge and I am sure they will all persist.
thanks for the opportunity, bzrk
"When the government fears the people there is liberty; when the people fear the government there is tyranny." --Thomas Jefferson

Only the dead have seen the end of war
Plato

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." - George Santayana

colonial shooter

Bob don't let low numbers get you down. We have a plan for WY and it will be implemented very soon. And you are a big part of the plan. PM's to follow. I know that you were expecting twice the numbers but we still had the opportunity to awaken someone and not a zip... Keep up the good work and things will work out.
"When the government fears the people there is liberty; when the people fear the government there is tyranny." --Thomas Jefferson

Only the dead have seen the end of war
Plato

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." - George Santayana