News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Does anyone know, What's up with Winslow NJ?

Started by Hugh, June 13, 2010, 02:59:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hugh

I know there was an Appleseed there in April, are there any more in the works?
I had read that it was successful even with in-climate weather, it seems to me (and I don't know that much) that if we had one at there that it would be "easier" to have more.

dwarven1

Not sure; the NJ state coord doesn't seem to have been on the board for a month. I'll give him a call tonight and see what I can find out.

AFAIK, Winslow (South Jersey Shooting) likes us.
Unhappy it is ... to reflect that a brother's sword has been sheathed in a brother's breast, and that the once happy and peaceful plains of America are either to be drenched with blood or inhabited by slaves. Sad alternative! But can a virtuous man hesitate in his choice?

GEORGE WASHINGTON

lprgcfrank

I SB'd the Winslow shoot and spent some time talking to the Range owner.  They were very impressed with Appleseed - we left the range cleaner than we found it on both Saturday and Sunday and took care of all of their paperwork (range fees, range waivers, etc) exactly as they wanted it.  We are welcome back anytime.

dwarven1 - when you talk to MikeP - let him know that i still have his loaner Ruger 10-22 and can drop it off at his convenience.
Frank
"fundamental principle of American law that a government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any individual citizen." [Warren v. District of Columbia, 444 A.2d 1 (D.C. Ct. of Ap., 1981)]