News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Anyone up for some shooting this weekend?

Started by ksuguy, June 10, 2010, 11:52:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ksuguy

Been awhile since I've had a chance to go to the range and I was thinking of  heading out this Saturday.   Anybody interested?    I was probably going to go over to Cheney and use the public range over there, but if the range over by Eureka is available, that would be great.  Maybe Ben could answer that?

I really need to get some practice in before the shoots this summer.   I know I shot that rifleman score back in the fall, but I'm so rusty I'm not sure if I'd be able to do it again without some work to get my skills back up.   

4bfox

I'll check with Larry tomorrow AM and see what he has happening.....
"A liberal is someone who feels a great debt to his fellow man, which debt he proposes to pay off with your money" G. Gordon Liddy

Eureka, KS RBC 05-11
Eureka, KS RBC 07-10

ksuguy

Ok great.  If I go, it will probably have to be in the morning/early afternoon.   We've got a wedding to attend later that evening.   

The ][rishman

I'm booked with work and Bitrdays and sitch.
III
"Thou shalt never be a perpetrator.
Thou shalt never be a victim.
And thou shalt never, but never, be a bystander." Yehuda Bauer

An Phoblacht abú
KD0OHT

gpbbiker

I am working all day saturday, but my plan is to get up at "oh dark thirty"  Sunday AM ; drive up to the range at Maxwell Game Preserve north of Canton Ks. Start shooting at 30 minutes before sunrise, and be done in time to make it to church by 10:30. Ya'll can join if you want!! >;-)
"Never pick a fight with an old man, if he's too old to fight, he'll simply kill you."
Loosely attributed to both Ernest Hemmingway and John Steinbeck
"Life is nothing more than the pursuit of stories worth telling to children" - Me

ksuguy

I didn't even know about that range .  Might have to go check that out sometime.

4bfox

Larry is OK with us using the range on Sunday....so what time are you thinking of? 10-11AM or so?

Ben
"A liberal is someone who feels a great debt to his fellow man, which debt he proposes to pay off with your money" G. Gordon Liddy

Eureka, KS RBC 05-11
Eureka, KS RBC 07-10

ksuguy

I was thinking Saturday, but Sunday might work too.  Ill have to check when I get home to make sure we don't have something scheduled.

Earl

Since I spent the last three weeks in Hawaii doing vacation and family stuff, I am ready for some shooting this weekend. The last two days have been trying to tame the yard so the Home Owners Association don't toss me out. ::)

Yeah, shooting sounds like a great idea, but I will Shoot Boss a new Appleseed Range in Oregon and enjoy the heck out of it. I will take my M1 and a couple of 22LR's just in case, or to test my so poorly used skills. I expect I will be busy, Shoot Boss/Instructor and glad to be there. O0

Hope y'all get some shooting in this weekend, or are helping on an Appleseed where y'all are. Nothing finer in America than standing up and being counted. :cool2:
... to catch the fire in another American for sharing the skills and our heritage to our posterity. Maybe my perfect shots will be made by those I met along the trials and trails of Appleseed. I know that America is a nation of Riflemen.

ksuguy

Well Saturday would be better, but I guess we can skip church Sunday if that is when the range is available.  What time works best?

4bfox

Eureka, KS RBC 05-11
Eureka, KS RBC 07-10

gpbbiker

Every Sunday morning I have to make a decision to either go to church or go shooting. The way I figure it, being around peace loving people, who know and understand me, and accept me for who and what I am would do my soul good. But I usually end up going to church. >;-)
"Never pick a fight with an old man, if he's too old to fight, he'll simply kill you."
"Life is nothing more than the pursuit of stories worth telling to children" - Me

4bfox

My problem is...."off" Appleseed weekends are usually spent on my wife's LONG list of things to do...so I never get to shoot. Don't get me wrong, I REALLY enjoy Appleseeding, but also feel the need to keep my shooting skills reasonably sharp....

Eureka, KS RBC 05-11
Eureka, KS RBC 07-10

ksuguy

11 sounds good.  That we we won't have to get up too early.   I printed up a bunch of targets so we won't have to use up all our aqts. 

Looking forward to trying out a couple garands I picked up from the cmp back in april.

The ][rishman

Quote from: gpbbiker on June 11, 2010, 10:42:48 PM
Every Sunday morning I have to make a decision to either go to church or go shooting. The way I figure it, being around peace loving people, who know and understand me, and accept me for who and what I am would do my soul good. But I usually end up going to church. >;-)

Amen Brother John!
III
"Thou shalt never be a perpetrator.
Thou shalt never be a victim.
And thou shalt never, but never, be a bystander." Yehuda Bauer

An Phoblacht abú
KD0OHT

4bfox

OK...see you at the camp around 11 then.

Eureka, KS RBC 05-11
Eureka, KS RBC 07-10

gpbbiker

Bummer!
Flooded out! Literally! 3.5 inches of rain at my house and another wave on the way. Two counties under flood warnings! There will be a WHOLE lot of water going down stream on the Fall, Walnut, and Cottonwood rivers! Be "Heads up" Campers!!

4bfox

Wow....that sucks. We had a soaker last week, still can't get in our garden. My Dad always said not to complain about rain in Kansas, but he was never flooded out, either....

Eureka, KS RBC 05-11
Eureka, KS RBC 07-10

ksuguy

Fortunately we had decent weather over at Eureka today.   Brutal humidity though.  I hope that eases up a bit before we are instructing in a couple of weeks.

Didn't do all that great with my .22, but the new M1's did pretty well.  I think I might have sold Larry on buying one too.   

4bfox

Yeah, I told Larry we REALLY weren't trying to torment him, when Brian let him shoot that Garand.....I noticed he had a hard time putting it down, though!

Got my PSL pretty well lined out....iron sights and new scope zeroed......just got it back after having it Dura-coated. All in all, a pretty good day.

Eureka, KS RBC 05-11
Eureka, KS RBC 07-10