News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Waterman Appleseed June 5-6

Started by Machine, June 07, 2010, 02:40:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Machine

I just did my first Appleseed this past weekend in Bloomington. I registered far in advance, but somehow never saw Waterman as an option. Waterman would have been soo much more convenient from Lombard. Would this have been added later? Is it an overflow location? I was surprised to see it less than 1/4 full in the prereg post I found. Just wondering for any future events.

Thanks.
"[A]rms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them." -- Thoughts On Defensive War, 1775

- Thomas Paine

Missouri Brigade

Good to have you at Bloomington, but yes, Waterman would have been closer.  The facility is new to Appleseed this year and has quite a few shoots including the 300 shooter world record shoot on September 11-12, 2010.  These have been on the calendar for a while I think.  Keep an eye on the boards and website schedule.  The Google map that you can get to from the homepage is pretty handy.

Garand69

Welcome aboard Machine, I actually work in Lombard, so we are close in proximity. Don't know where you missed Waterman, it has been on the schedule as long as Bloomington. Maybe you ran into a Range specific flyer.

Plenty more shoots at Waterman this year, especially the big "300" on the weekend of September 11th, hope to see you there.
Garand69

WSMR 03-10 ...SAPPER STEEL!!!!

"Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results." - General George S. Patton Jr

"One can covet success or one can covet being Right, but if he covets both, he will achieve neither" - Stimey

Do not fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have war......Let it start here.

God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right, even though I think it is HOPELESS.
-Chester W. Nimitz