News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Increasing the numbers for KY.

Started by Mudcat, June 06, 2010, 10:23:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mudcat

We are in a very bad spot right now here in KY. Our numbers are very very low at Carrolton and Boaz. I think Knob Creek is doing ok we have a shoot there in 3 weeks. We have 8 slots left and KCR usually has a large portion of shooters wait until the last minute. I fully expect this shoot to sell out. This due a large part to the BOTG GarandDame and Nightowl as well as Kevin and Luke. Thanks

I know there have been several fliers put up at the new shops and stuff down in the Lexington area. I also know that our best form of advertisement is word of mouth. Where people can ask us questions and we can give them answers. There is a gun show in Louisville next weekend but we also have a KD day that sunday. It is too late to get a booth too. But there is another one Oct 15-16 that we are going to get a booth and then we will need to staff it as well. 2-3 people in the booth talking to people as they walk by and handing out fliers. It has generated some interest in other locations. So I figure lets give it a shot here.
Another form of advertisement or getting the word out so to speak is visiting active gun forums in the state. There is fairly large one in the kentuckiana area http://kentuckianafirearms.com/forum/index.php. Seems like a good group of guys and gals plus it is a place to exchange ideas and find good deals too. If we get a few to attend and write an AAR there will be more to follow.

Now how about some more ideas, anyone have anything else. Any other nore local gun shows we should try to attend? Most of the small ones will donate a table to a not for profit like RWVA. We couls also use a state flier made up if anyone has the skills to do this? I know I do not.  :-[

We really need to get the numbers up for Carrolton in 2 weeks. We have 1 pre reg and it is a saturday only shooter! Any ideas?
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
--George Washington

kentuckyjam

I'll check with Sportsman's Warehouse and see if they will be having any other special events that we can get a booth at.

What about working with the stores on other give aways in return for them giving more spotlight to Appleseed?

What other states have flyers?  If i see how they are put together, I can tell if it's something I can hammer out.  No promises, but I'll give it a try. 
Liberty will not persist without personal responsibility.

Mudcat

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
--George Washington

Old Dog

Any chance of putting up flyers (or getting interest) from the Ft. Knox military folks out there in the western end of the state?  In my experience (30 years ago I'll admit) most GI's aren't real interested in learning to shoot better but maybe that's changing considering the state of the world these days.  Even so there are some guys who should be interested if you can locate some places around the post, or even on the post, where flyers could be put up.
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

—Jeff Cooper, The Art of the Rifle

gb0399

I hope you'll take some ideas from a newbie. I learned about appleseed from guys on The High Road forum. If your not familiar with it, it's a great place to talk with like minded, and not so like minded folks who want to talk about firearms, their purpose, and our rights. Why not post a thread about upcoming events on an appropriate forum such as that? One flyer in a store might be seen 50 people, a flyer on the web might be seen by thousands, and it's free, no paper no print.

A. James Godigkeit

Quote from: Mudcat on June 06, 2010, 02:55:18 PM
@&)
We need a So.Ea. group. I'm near Lake Cumberland and there is nothing near here. We have a gun & knife show@ Center for Rural Development in Somerset, if someone from Appleseed can attend.
I am interested in helping where I can, but multiple mylomia has me drastically restricted.
:--- :~

kentuckyjam

Quote from: gb0399 on July 14, 2010, 10:10:05 PM
I hope you'll take some ideas from a newbie. I learned about appleseed from guys on The High Road forum. If your not familiar with it, it's a great place to talk with like minded, and not so like minded folks who want to talk about firearms, their purpose, and our rights. Why not post a thread about upcoming events on an appropriate forum such as that? One flyer in a store might be seen 50 people, a flyer on the web might be seen by thousands, and it's free, no paper no print.

I just joined and posted about AS and the Ky shoots.  Thanks for the heads up!

kentuckyjam