News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Shiocton WI June5-6 2010 Rain or shine we're on the line

Started by dragonfly, June 05, 2010, 06:13:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dragonfly

Bring your rain gear and see you up there. :~ ::)

dragonfly  Keeping the Faith
www.facebook.com/WIAppleseed

K.I.S.S.
Lead, Follow or Get out of the way - Thomas Paine
Did you talk to someone new about APPLESEED today ?
The United States Constitution.

colycat

Quote from Smoky

"Just got back from a weekend of excellent instruction (thanks to Colycat, dragonfly, Joe, Martin and a host of other great guys).  My son Sam and I had a memorable time of learning, shooting and making friends with people we consider now to be our friends.  On top of it all .... we made Rifleman!!    Lets keep the Spirit of Appleseed moving and growing."

"These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives everything its value."   T Paine

dragonfly

Another great shoot in Shiocton comes to an end. Congrats to the 3 new Rifleman Sam, Ted and Tom O0. Great job and the rest of keep up the good work. Practice, Practice, dryfire, dryfire, dryfire. Remember persistence will pay off.

See you all on the trail soon.

Pictures to come as soon as I find my camera :wb: !@#).

dragonfly

K.I.S.S.

colycat

No pics D-fly?  I wil do a full AAR, as soon as I find my notes :-[

We had a really good event, 20 something shooters on saturday, about 10 on Sunday.  All the best of Americans in their determination and spirit.  Its the stuff of our founders, I think.  3 Riflemen today, with everyone else knocking on the door.  Special thanks to Traci for bringing her dialect to the shoot, Eh. Er not?  She asked how you become a pit boss.  So, I Guess I am now a Pit Boss, EH?  It was good to be the pit boss for a change,  9 Appleseed events this year, and only my 2nd ( pit boss) gig.  What fun we had, while getting the message to the shooters!

More tomorrow.
"These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives everything its value."   T Paine

fepowered

Here are a few pics....
"Today, we need a nation of Riflemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are
willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

fepowered

"Today, we need a nation of Riflemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are
willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

smoky

Thanks for posting the pix fepowered.  You guys did a great job of teaching and instructing.  My son Sam and I walked away with a great sense of accomplishment after achieving Rifleman .... couldn't have been a better weekend and ride home afterward.  Keep up the great work .... especially delivering the important messages of what makes this country great and how important it is to be an American ... not to mention protecting our second Amendment rights, eh?

Lets do it again

martin

What a great time!
    Congratualations to the new riflemen!To those of you that were getting close, keep on practicing,,,,
    You can do it!
    Special thanks to Coly, D-fly, and JoeZ for great advice. It helps to have great mentors.

Martin   
Martin

Now the Lord is that Spirit:and where the Spirit of the Lord is,there is liberty. 2Corinthians 3:17

Seek the Truth

"We in America do not have a government by the majority-we have a government by the majority who participate....All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent"
-Thomas Jefferson

colycat

AAR:

SB   Colycat
RH   JoeZ, Dragonfly
IIT4 Fepowered
IIT3 Martin
IIT   Mikes, Capt. Karl

21 students on Saturday
11 students on Sunday

Weather pt. cloudy and pleasent, temps in the 70's.  Rain at night.

The Good:

Great attitude among students and instructors.
Split instruction on Saturday morning
3 Rifleman scores on Sunday, Everyone else shooting very good.
Nothing to be said about the safety of the students.  :)
No time problems at all.

The not so good:

Because the line is set up against the berm,  It is over 200 yards to the porta john.
The grass was not mowed along the 500 yard range, so there was not the possibility of shooting at 400 yards.  We were able to shoot at 100,200,300,500 though.
$300.00 range fee, with only 21 attendees,  8 free no shows.  We had to collect fees both days and still came up a little short.

This was taken from the Internal AAR.  Over all I had a great time.  All of the students were fantastic, in their willingness to learn and their great attitude.  This shoot gets a A+ from me, because of who showed up to shoot.  I hope they all got the message of Persistance in the shooting disipline and the message of what we all have to do to save the republic.  For me, it was the weekend of being stuck on the words of Patrick Henry.  You all remember the words, right?

"Shall we acquire the means of effectual resistance by lying supinely on our backs, and hugging the delusive phantom of HOPE, until our enemies shall have bound us hand and foot???"

In the words of Thomas Paine...." These are the times that try men's souls.  The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in the crisis shrink from the service of their country"

Not the readers of this AAR!!!  Not the Shooters in Shiocton!!!

Colycat

dragonfly

More pics.

K.I.S.S.

Clint S

This was my second Appleseed shoot and I continue to learn. History and shooting skills. Thanks for the lessons. I have never worn the skin off my trigger finger before....Makes me smile just thinking about it. My wife will be joining us soon on the line.

SavageShootr

Nice pics

Congratulations to the attendees and Riflemen.

Glad to hear that your wife will be on the line soon Clint!   O0

Way to go WISCONSIN!!!
"Listen to everyone, read everything, and don't believe anything unless you can prove it."' B.C.
"It isn't like it is life or death...it is more important than that." MrPete

dragonfly

We picked up someone's range bag and chair. If anyone is missing pm colycat or myself so we can make arrangements to get it to you.

dragonfly

K.I.S.S.

colycat

The Wedding portrait that never was. Lydia and Dr. Prescott, with the minister, best man(Able Prescott) and mother.

One by one they leave the portrait, until we see The true cost of the war. Lost fiancee,lost brother, lost brother in law, and all her future, hopes and dreams.  She waited 8 yrs for word on her future husband,  It never came.

Johnnyappleseed

Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.
Calvin Coolidge