News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Lemoore CA June 5-6

Started by Garand56, June 07, 2010, 11:15:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Garand56

We were expecting 100 degree weather, but a nice breeze came through both days and kept the temp down. Congrats to our newest Rifleman Hotshot, and man does that name fit. Sister Half a Clip, mom Peachez, and dad Critter all shot over 200 as well, and Half a Clip shot Rifleman last week. What an example to the rest of us! We had several new shooters, and everyone seemed to have a great time. I'll post the scores later because I forgot to bring them to work with me. Thanks to all and to the Lemoore Sportsman's Club for allowing us to host our events there.
We're surrounded...that simplfies the problem.

"Our Country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any AMERICA because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race!"
-Lt. Gen. Lewis B. "Chesty" Puller, USMC

BaldDragn

Thanks again Garand56 for the hospitality and running the Lemoore events!

I knew this was going to be a good shoot because I had spent the weekend before with half the students and they are the cream of the crop. I also had a coworker on the line and I was really looking forward to working with him outside of the job. in fact the students made it so easy this weekend that I'm afraid we'll all get spoiled.

We got two new IITs HotShot and Half-A-Clip. They, and their sister "Full Throttle", showed that brothers and sisters can can help each other out and enjoy the success of their siblings. Mom and Dad, Peachez and Critter, both shot above 200 and I'm sure the whole family will be instructors soon.

My coworker Guy advaced quickly. Due to some old injuries prone postion was a challenge at first, but we pulled out a different LTR and tried some minor modifications and soon he was putting in 4 and 5 MOA groups. Good work for someone who professed to not knowing how to shoot the week before!

FurrowFoot, Copper, and TJFreak did a great job also, every time there was a need I'd hang back just a moment and sure enough one of them would see what needed to be done and it was taken care of. Appleseed in the Lemoore area is really starting to come together thanks to a lot of hard work.

It won't be long till everybody in the California Central Valley will live within 30 minutes of an Appleseed.
"Anxiety and stress are the children of apathy and ignorance." - Jack Spirko

Saving the USS America - Good work if you can get it: Group Consensus, Sac 06/09 Instructors Meeting.

SAPPER STEEL!

Camljr

I am glad to see thing are going well up there in Lemoore... I knew they would in the capable hands of the Garand56 (BOTG) and the neww IIT's up there to help out. Good Job! 

Kinda sad, in a way, knowing I am not needed up there anymore... :'(  But glad to see things progressing in California for Appleseed!!!

I was glad to be a part of it!  I hope I can come and visit again sometime...

And I miss the Sacramento shoots, too... BaldDragn, Jules, You have it well in hand.   BUT,  I am itching to BBQ something up there!!!!

and Fresno, Romeo's Hero, DoubleD, P51, I miss you guys too!

Keep up the good work everyone....
96 SHOOTS SO FAR!

WSMR Instructor 03/10  -  SAPPER STEEL!

�The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress, and grows brave by reflection�   Thomas Paine

Proverbs 22:3  -  A prudent person foresees danger and takes precautions. The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.

"Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even when checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy, nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory or defeat".
Theodore Roosevelt

Jules

Quote from: Camljr on June 08, 2010, 05:32:32 PM

I am glad to see thing are going well up there in Lemoore... I knew they would in the capable hands of the Garand56 (BOTG) and the neww IIT's up there to help out. Good Job!  

Kinda sad, in a way, knowing I am not needed up there anymore... :'(  But glad to see things progressing in California for Appleseed!!!

I was glad to be a part of it!  I hope I can come and visit again sometime...

And I miss the Sacramento shoots, too... BaldDragn, Jules, You have it well in hand.   BUT,  I am itching to BBQ something up there!!!!

and Fresno, Romeo's Hero, DoubleD, P51, I miss you guys too!

Keep up the good work everyone....

Cam, we must be physic, check your PM's.

I prayed for wind, and the wind came to Lemoore. It was not as roasty toasty as it could have been. I had the privilege to work with Analiza the first day, and despite the language barrier, she did wonderfully. She mastered the Ruger very well, as she was used to an AR15 on a bench. Quite a difference! I know I will see Analiza and Eric back to another event soon. They really enjoyed themselves.

As BD said, we came to celebrate the family. We had spent the prior weekend with Peachez, Critter, Hot Shot, Half a Clip, and Full Throttle, and their gaggle of cousins. ( the one that shot 5 qualifying AQT's )  I so enjoy watching a family that loves and encourages one another. Spending the weekend with them makes me a better person for it. One does not always get to impact their Posterity. I got to watch it in action two weeks in a row.

Many thanks to Garand56, and Copper, TJFreak, Furrow Foot. After the entire event we made a detour home and hit Superior Dairy in Hanford. Neil (Furrow Foot) consumed the largest strawberry sundae known to man. He must have a hollow leg or something.

Thank you Lemoore!

Jules
No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.

- Eleanor Roosevelt

FurrowFoot

A good time for all and all were shooting good.

Thanks to Garand56, Bald Dragn and Jules for their excelent Three Stirkes of the Match and Our Heritage presentations and for helping this IIT.

I also want to say hello to Stan, and his son Tim, who were there for Saturday.  Stan was on the shooting line next to me way back, at my 1st or 2nd Appleseed, at the Fresno Rifle and Pistol Club Range.  We were close enough to be showering each other with brass.  And a hello to Chris, also from Saturday, he's Copper's son and TJFreak's brother.  All three of you fellows were doing some fine shooting.

I had two shooters, who had Ruger 10/22s with scopes, try out a 10/22 with an apeture sight (Tech Sights).  With a quick reminder about the six o'clock hold, they still shot high score AQTs.

Jules, about the Strawberry Sundae.  It was only two scoops of ice cream, huge scoops though.  My mama taught me to never let good food go to waste, and it was good.

Neil