News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Old Middlegate Station shoot

Started by featherblue, June 02, 2010, 12:30:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

featherblue

We heard at the G'ville shoot this weekend that a shoot was scheduled at Old Middlegate Station (east of Fallon) the end of June. I cannot find this scheduled on the forum here. Susie (Mrs. featherblue) and I would like to go to a shoot at Old Middlegate if one was actually going to happen.

Can anyone confirm this shoot? As Fred says, to paraphrase, " . . . Middlegate is the resort place for Appleseed shoots . . . ".  Being Mrs. featherblue and I live off grid, Middlegate Station and their diesel generator that runs 24/7 is really like home.  ;D

-fb

�Fear is the foundation of most governments.� -John Adams

Why there must be a test of knowledge before being allowed into the voting polls:  ... democracy, as defined by Mencken, is "...the worship of Jackals by Jackasses."

Fred

"Ready to eat dirt and sweat bore solvent?" - Ask me how to become an RWVA volunteer!

"...but he that stands it now, deserves the thanks of man and woman alike..."   Paine

"If you can read this without a silly British accent, thank a Revolutionary War veteran" - Anon.

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again" - Thomas Paine

What about it, do-nothings? You heard the man, jump on in...

KahrGuy

Featherblue, I noticed the same thing. On the schedule the shoot is scheduled for July 26-27. On the flyer for that shoot it is listed as June 26-27. Not sure which it is. I hope for some clarification soon from one of the moderators maybe?????
Blue Skies,
Kevin

"Children should be educated and instructed in the principles of freedom."
John Adams

featherblue

KahrGuy,

The pre-register page does not show a shoot at Old Middlegate June 26-27. I don't want to make plans for an 'event' that doesn't happen. Kind of a long drive for Susie and I.  :-\

Thanks again for the .06 brass!! O0

-fb

Why there must be a test of knowledge before being allowed into the voting polls:  ... democracy, as defined by Mencken, is "...the worship of Jackals by Jackasses."

KahrGuy

I am in the same boat. Is the shoot on June 26-27 like the flyer, or July 26-27 like the schedule? I would like to register myself but until we get a clarification on the date I guess we'll have to wait. My pleasure on the brass. There's more coming in Fallon if the shoot happens.
Blue Skies,
Kevin

"Children should be educated and instructed in the principles of freedom."
John Adams

Chris_H

I suspect it just got entered incorrectly as July 26-27, rather than June 26-27.

July 26-27 is not a weekend, but Monday & Tuesday.

I'll try to get it sorted out asap...

Chris

Chris_H

June 26-27, 2010 it is.

It looks like the only error is that "July" was mistakenly selected, rather than "June" on the "Current Appleseed Schedule" page at http://www.appleseedinfo.org/as_schedule2.php.

The date is listed correctly, in the announcement post for Fallon, NV 2010 shoots, Instructor Scheduling, and most importantly, on the Eventbrite Registration link.
http://www.eventbrite.com/event/706124036

I think Arashi mentioned he'd be able to be there, & I'm working on arranging my schedule a bit so I can get over there too, which shouldn't be a problem.

Chris

featherblue

Chris_H,

Thanks for clearing this up. I'll get our travel trailer ready and be there!

Susie and I thank you and the official RWVA people for the "RWVA Volunteer" hats. Although as Susie told me, pastel blue and pink doesn't jive with my . . . being! Nasty, harsh hues do however!  ;D

-fb

SavageShootr

Here is the link to the Event page that has the correct date on it.

http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=13946.0

the error was made in posting on the public schedule. Typos happen.
"Listen to everyone, read everything, and don't believe anything unless you can prove it."' B.C.
"It isn't like it is life or death...it is more important than that." MrPete

featherblue

gglovesguns,

Thanks for posting that info here and for posting to Reno News & Reviews. You are a real trooper and Appleseeder!

-fb

gglovesguns

Quote from: featherblue on June 08, 2010, 01:27:53 AM
gglovesguns,

Thanks for posting that info here and for posting to Reno News & Reviews. You are a real trooper and Appleseeder!

-fb

Thanks Featherblue!

gglovesguns

Reno-Gazette Journal has the shoot on their calendar page too! http://calendar.rgj.com/search?c=1275&e=&t=appleseed&x=0&y=0.

Yikes! Only 2 people have preregistered for the shoot according to the data posted in the Appleseed Preregistration forum.

featherblue

Don't worry, there will be a lot more than two people on the line! The place is an oasis and great shoot!!

-fb

Fred

Quote from: featherblue on June 14, 2010, 12:58:52 AM

Don't worry, there will be a lot more than two people on the line! The place is an oasis and great shoot!!

-fb

I do worry, because 9 out of ten who say they'll "be coming" will not show up.

I worry, because however many show up, there'll be room for more on the line, and every blank space is one less rifleman.

I worry, because we can never move this program fast enough, reach enough people fast enough, or save this nation fast enough.

Do not slack on getting people to come - ever!

PS: You are right about this location being an "oasis". Everyone should experience Middlegate Station once in their lives.

And did you mention there'll be a full-distance AQT on Sunday? Right out to a paced 400 yards? That alone would make Middlegate a place to remember...

People "in the know" should be signing up - racing to sign up - for this event. But there's too few
"people in the know". Everyone reading this can help change that.
"Ready to eat dirt and sweat bore solvent?" - Ask me how to become an RWVA volunteer!

"...but he that stands it now, deserves the thanks of man and woman alike..."   Paine

"If you can read this without a silly British accent, thank a Revolutionary War veteran" - Anon.

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again" - Thomas Paine

What about it, do-nothings? You heard the man, jump on in...