News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

IBC (Instructor Boot Camp) in VA, the dates are set.

Started by FiremanEd, June 01, 2010, 10:52:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FiremanEd

Alrighty folks, we have a bunch of new IIT's who've stepped up and accepted the challenge to take the 7th step and become Instructors in Training!!

Now, we have to get you all up and running, ASAP.

For the newest of the Instructor Cadre, an IBC (Instructor Boot Camp) is a 3 day class to get you fully up and running along your path to becoming a full Instructor. The class usually runs Fri-Sun and we have a dedicated IBC classroom here in Buckingham. It's Woody's garage with heat and AC!! You are already an active IIT and can work shoots just like an IIT who's already been to an IBC. But, you need to get an IBC knocked out to proceed up the ladder.

The IBC is usually 2 day's of classroom and a day of shooting.

We've already got atleast one AS every month all year, so the options are dwindling. We need to plan it out several months so everyone who needs to make plans can do so. This put's us out into the dead of summer,,,, so,, I'm thinking a couple extra weeks to "plan" and try for a weekend in September or October, unless you all want to knock it out sooner and 'git'er done'

The 2nd & 3rd weekends in Sept are already booked, along with the 4th weekend in October. From an Appleseed perspective, the rest are free.

Throw out the weekends that work good for you and the ones that you're a definite NO GO for. I'll try to make up a list and see which weekend would allow the most IIT's to attend.

Ideas???

Eddie
Are you a Rifleman or a clerk?? 

"Men sleep peacefully at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their part"   George Orwell

Cheeks

The 3rd and 4th Weekend in October are currently open for me. The 4th weekend would probably be my preference.

Beowolf_357

I can make it most any time. Just let me know when, and where Woodys garage is.

VAshooter

Why are we worrying about temperature when we have a heated and cooled classroom? Seems to me we should pick the worst time of the year and have the IBC then. The nice October days can be used for FDAQT's and cookouts.

June is full for me except for this coming weekend which was supposed to be Tappahanack.

How about the 23rd, 24th, and 25th of July?  We have a FD shoot at Ramseur on the weekend of the 4th  and a gun show at the Showplace on the 10th and 11th. The 17th and 18th is the Appleseed at Buckingham so the next free weekend is the 24th and 25th. The 30th, and  31st of July and 1st of Aug are open too. Wow, two weekends in a row and a month to plan.

OK guys, you should be able to make this work.

VAshooter

Cheeks

n2oguy

O.K.,  Here's my 2 cents  July/23,24,25, and July/30,31,and Aug/1 look good for me!!   
           Beowolf, Woody's garage is right next to his house. (just kidden) I can call you with the directs.

Richie
"Of the people,By the people,For the people"--Abe Lincoln (Except when Big Brother is watching)-R. Taylor

"Great Spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds"--Albert Einstein

VAshooter

We can possibly have one in July and another in October or sometime in the fall. We will never find a date where everyone is free so you all need to let us know when we can do this. Usually Mike and/or I instruct  the IBC's but we may want to bring in some more instructors. Who wants to run an IBC? Who wants to sit in an air conditioned garage? Who wants to watch me shoot an AQT with a shotgun? I think I can break 210, but then, what do I know?

We should check with WV and NC and PA and see if they have anyone who want to experience Virginia hospitality.

VAshooter

Old Dog

How many folks do you need to host an IBC?  Put it out here so help folks figure out if they need to convince a buddy to come along and to see if there is the interest to have a couple of them by year end.

Folks, you don't want to pass these up.  A couple of days of classroom discussion, practice, experience sharing followed by a day of shooting your rifle at 100, 200, 300 and 400 yds.  Where else can you get this???
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

—Jeff Cooper, The Art of the Rifle

BD

Sounds like July 30 - August 1 works.
I'd be in for that weekend.
Up the Republic

sgtmace

Looks like I'd might be able to squeeze in for July 23-25th
If you love wealth more than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, depart from us in peace. We ask not your counsel nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you. May your chains rest lightly upon you and may posterity forget you were our countrymen.
Sam Adams

"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force: Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined." -- Patrick Henry

FiremanEd

Alright,

It's looking like July and October RBC's in Buckingham.

That being said, the last two weekends in July,, sorry Cheeks, and the 1st, 2nd or 3rd weekends in October.

Post which picks in each month work best for you.

Once we have dates set for all of our VA IIT's we'll invite all our Stately neighbors. I think having two is a good idea, we'll probably have a garage full both times.

FiremanEd

"Men sleep peacefully at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their part"   George Orwell

BD

I can only make the last weekend in July.

I'll be in Boston July 17-25 (with a lengthy trip out to Lexington/Concord, of course).

I'm available any of the October weekends.
I don't want to wait until October to get started.
Time's a'wasting.
Up the Republic

smwwoody

Fixing some of the holes in your bucket first can make bailing easier

Our children should be taught how to think, not what to think....

KJ4WXC

VAshooter

I would like for FiremanEd and smwwoody to teach these IBC's. jmdavis and VAshooter have taught a bunch of them and I would like to get more instructors qualified. You two can decide who will be the lead instructor and who will assist but I'm figuring you will switch between the two.

Mike and I can cook the burgers and dawgs so that we eat on time.

VAshooter

jmdavis

"If a man does his best, what else is there?"  - General George S. Patton Jr

...We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
  For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
  Shall be my brother...-Shakespeare, Henry V

"There's a great deal of talk about loyalty from the bottom to the top. Loyalty from the top down is even more necessary and is much less prevalent. One of the most frequently noted characteristics of great men who have remained great is loyalty to their subordinates."
- General George S. Patton, Jr

"Your body can't go where your mind hasn't been."
- Alex Arrieta 1995 NTI Winner

FiremanEd

Quote from: BD on June 02, 2010, 09:25:37 PM
Sounds like July 30 - August 1 works.
I'd be in for that weekend.

I don't even need to look at the name, just the picture to know who BD is!!!

Glad to see you on here Brian.

FiremanEd

Quote from: VAshooter on June 07, 2010, 12:28:25 PM
I would like for FiremanEd and smwwoody to teach these IBC's. jmdavis and VAshooter have taught a bunch of them and I would like to get more instructors qualified. You two can decide who will be the lead instructor and who will assist but I'm figuring you will switch between the two.

Mike and I can cook the burgers and dawgs so that we eat on time.

VAshooter

Did I happen to mention that I was working that weekend????    ;D

smwwoody

Sounds good to me. What do we need to do to be qualified to teach an IBC.  Or are we all ready there?

Woody

KJ4WXC

FiremanEd

OK,

N2Oguy and Beowolf can make it anytime, lucky guys.

Cheeks is out for the last 2 weeks of July,

BD is good the last weekend,

SgtMace is good the weekend of the 23,

we have several more IIT's who need an IBC so we'll have to PM them directly if they don't mark up on here.

I can make all 3 days the 23-25 but can only make Sat/Sun the last weekend, I'm in a mandatory class the the whole week of the 26-30.

How about Woody, Mike & Doug? I know Doug's Appleseed schedule is pretty tight. Which one works best for the 3 of you?

FiremanEd

Quote from: smwwoody on June 07, 2010, 11:15:51 PM
Sounds good to me. What do we need to do to be qualified to teach an IBC.  Or are we all ready there?

Woody

Something tells me that VA has "qualified" us.. kinda like us "drafting" some IIT's last weekend....   

smwwoody

Any date works for me as long as my boss let's me have a friday off. Maby a few of you guys could put in a good word for me you know how tough he can be

KJ4WXC

BeSwift

I can do last weekend in July, but would prefer Oct other than 10/9 weekend.  Either way, I'll be in attendance at one of the IBC's should you finalize them.   Thanks!    BeSwift
"The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well"
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Happiness =  Reality - Expectations

FiremanEd

Alright, it's set.

The first 2010 VA IBC will be in Buckingham on July 30/31 & Aug 1.

As for the second 2010 VA IBC, it will held in Buckingham on October 15,16 & 17 2010.

They'll be up on the schedule PDQ but put it on your schedule to be there if you can.

Thank to all the input, both here and in person. We look forward to seeing all of our current and future IIT's at one of the IBC's this year.

FiremanEd

n2oguy

Hey, I'm in for July 30/31 & Aug 1.       Just give me a window seat!! 
                                                                                       n2oguy
"Of the people,By the people,For the people"--Abe Lincoln (Except when Big Brother is watching)-R. Taylor

"Great Spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds"--Albert Einstein

VAshooter

Do you want to be inside the window or outside the window? It's a pretty small window.

n2oguy

Makes no difference to me a window is a window. 

But on a serious note I just got an e-mail about chamber flags and live rounds.  If you put the flags in very hot water for a few minutes they will bend easier.

This can be done before we get to the AS   Safety First!!

n2oguy

Beowolf_357

I will be there God willing. Anywhere I can camp out a couple days?? Are we shooting 22 at 82 feet or long range? How much ammo should I bring??

Old Dog

I believe they allow camping at the range during Appleseeds but maybe not at IBCs.  Smwwoody's garage is where they held the last IBC (Mar. 2009) and he can probably give you better info on camping.

As far as the shooting goes, the range goes out to 400 yds. and at the last IBC they fired out to 400 yds. (starting at 25 meters for training purposes) and then working back to 400 yds.

It'll be fun.
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

—Jeff Cooper, The Art of the Rifle

BD

I lined up my time off, and I am in for the IBC at the end of July.
Looking forward to it.
Up the Republic

FiremanEd

Looking good guys. The IBC should show up on the schedule in the next day or two.

Camping will be either at the range, Woody's or my house. You can take your pick. Woody'll probably let you sleep in the AC'd garage if you ask nice.

We'll shoot some 25M stuff I'm sure and then atleast one fulld distance AQT so I'd bring 200 rounds planning to burn 100 or so.