News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Next weekend's activities - trying to make a sale

Started by Old Dog, June 01, 2010, 06:44:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Dog

I recently joined the Viginia Gun Owner's Forum.  They are having a "shoot and meet" at a member's property on Saturday.  I figured I'd go down there with the M1 Garand and an AR and do a little shooting and see if they have an interest in learning to shoot their rifles better.  The location is central VA but they have members state wide.  I'll get back with an AAR when it's over.
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

—Jeff Cooper, The Art of the Rifle

siglite

Have you guys reached out to Phil Van Cleave with the VCDL? If no one has done so, I highly recommend it.
--

Keith Morgan
President, West Virginia Citizen's Defense League
http://www.wvcdl.org
http://forums.wvcdl.org
Proud member of West Virginia's first "All Rifleman" family.

Cheeks

Hey,

I emailed Philip about my first Appleseed, and he printed it in the VCDL Alert. I've also seen it mentioned in other alerts. However, to my knowledge there is no coordination, or ongoing cross-promotion. Would it be outside the realm of what is appropriate to have a VCDL-Alert signup sheet at the VA Appleseed events? If not, I'll email Philip and mention that as a possible way of cross promotion. They are a great organization.

siglite

Quote from: Cheeks on June 01, 2010, 10:15:33 PM
Hey,

I emailed Philip about my first Appleseed, and he printed it in the VCDL Alert. I've also seen it mentioned in other alerts. However, to my knowledge there is no coordination, or ongoing cross-promotion. Would it be outside the realm of what is appropriate to have a VCDL-Alert signup sheet at the VA Appleseed events? If not, I'll email Philip and mention that as a possible way of cross promotion. They are a great organization.

Before you do that, shoot me a PM.  There is serious cross pollination between state-level 2a orgs such as WVCDL, VCDL, and Appleseed.  And if there isn't, there darn well should be.  I'm not saying we should mine Appleseed for VCDL or WVCDL members.  I have done exactly none of that for the WV organization.  However, I have promoted (fairly successfully) Appleseed within WVCDL.  Not one of the WVCDL members who has attended Appleseed has come away with a negative view of the experience.  I need to relay all of this to Phil.  He needs to see this program with his own eyes.  If he hasn't been to an Appleseed, we need to get him to one.  He reaches a lot of good people in Virginia.

--

Keith Morgan
President, West Virginia Citizen's Defense League
http://www.wvcdl.org
http://forums.wvcdl.org
Proud member of West Virginia's first "All Rifleman" family.

Cheeks

I've got a free coupon for Philip, if he wants it. Any objections to me offering him that?

VAshooter

It's OK with us.

VCDL has been allowing us to distribute Appleseed fliers by placing them on the VCDL table at Gun Shows.

I always recommend that the people who come to Appleseeds get involved with local politics first because you can have more impact there. There is no better way to get involved with local politics than VCDL.

That said, we don't want to promote one side of the issue over the other as we are supposed to be non political.

VAshooter

Cheeks

I will be mailing Philip his free coupon, and he said there are several Appleseeds not too far from him.